Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Im a bit out of the Loop on PC building.
Whats a smart way to cool my Computer? I got a 120mm fan mount in the back, two 92mm on the left side above the cpu/gpu and two 92mm mounts on the right side blowing on the harddrives.
How much of the mounts do i actually need to equip with fans?
A 120mm in the back seems useful, but with the GPU und PSU already sucking air out of the case don't i need some (filtered) fans to blow air into the case to prevent underpressure which sucks in dust through all the slits and holes that arent filtered? If so, how many would make sense? I want to Keep the noise down obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Can a lovely or broken monitor cause screen tearing in games? Ist not always tearing but when it is it seems to mostly happen in the same spot.
I've built a completely new computer (except for the monitor) recently and the problem persists.