Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
--beep beep moved--

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

! Oh I am so sorry. I'll move this over. Thanks!

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Alright- So I'm building a computer for a friend, and I've encountered an issue I've never stumbled across before. The drat thing won't boot into a GRUB//OS unless I go directly into the BIOS//Boot Manager and tell it what to boot to. The Hard Drive is in port 0, and the motherboard is at default settings; it has Windows 7 and ubuntu on it.

Is there a setting I flipped or need to flip? Something else? It just....won't boot unless I tell it what to do. It won't go past the motherboard logo screen if i leave it alone.

I've built 4 computers and this never happened. :sigh:

More Info: The MOBO and the Video Card are brand new. The HDD, RAM, and Power Supply were preexisting. The HDD has been reformatted and the OS's are New.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 28, 2015