Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Can anyone tell me what the heck brand/model this webcam is, or what drivers it needs? I'm trying to get it to work with Discord, and its nothing but a green image on the output. Guides say to update the drivers, but I have no idea how to do that. It works fine in firefox, zoom, and other stuff, only Discord has the issue.

edit: windows tells me it is a USB CAMERA, so I cant find any info there either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Biowarfare posted:

A handful of alibaba sellers have an exact match for $2-$5 (if you paid more than this you got ripped off, lol), all of them do not have drivers listed, it just says plug in and should generically work. Does Discord have video permission in Windows settings?

Also, can you select the camera in Device manager, right click Properties, Details, Hardware IDs and paste that here? It should look like USB\VID_something\...

Somehow missed your reply, sorry.

USB\VID_1224&PID_2A25&REV_0100&MI_00
USB\VID_1224&PID_2A25&MI_00

Lol manufacturer is listed as "Microsoft". It was a gift from a friend so we can do online d&d, so I spent $0. I now hope they didn't spend much on it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Edit: oops, this is the hardware thread not software. Sorry!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Hey, so this is safe, right?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

That's what I figured, it's not like the power supply is just gonna force all its potential wattage into those 6 plugs. Just needed some reassurance since it looked so terrible lol. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah I need to get an adaptor. The pin on the 24 that's responsible for actually turning the power supply on has no way of touching the motherboard.