Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know roughly how little power draw I can get away with on a e5-2407v2, ddr3 32gb, 4xSATA SSD? I've forgotten all basic physics regarding volt / watt * amp. It's a server that's going into somewhere with power constraints and I entirely forgot to measure this before shipping it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

a PSU calculator says that that's probably going to draw between 200 to 270 watts assuming a near-full load on the CPU. You can get away with less if the CPU isn't running that loaded all the time - dropping the utilization to 50% says it's going to draw about 180 watts.

Any cheap CPU (E3? E5 ending in L?) or similar I can do to drop power load? Or reduce to 2 drives/half RAM? I have a rough cap of 0.5A 208V, and it isn't going to be using heavy CPU at all.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Statutory Ape posted:

Two internet connections for a residential one family ? Lol, telecom workers are universally scumbag opportunists

At one point Comcast would not let you buy higher download speed tiers unless you also subscribed to cable tv

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Can anyone tell me what the heck brand/model this webcam is, or what drivers it needs? I'm trying to get it to work with Discord, and its nothing but a green image on the output. Guides say to update the drivers, but I have no idea how to do that. It works fine in firefox, zoom, and other stuff, only Discord has the issue.

edit: windows tells me it is a USB CAMERA, so I cant find any info there either.

A handful of alibaba sellers have an exact match for $2-$5 (if you paid more than this you got ripped off, lol), all of them do not have drivers listed, it just says plug in and should generically work. Does Discord have video permission in Windows settings?

Also, can you select the camera in Device manager, right click Properties, Details, Hardware IDs and paste that here? It should look like USB\VID_something\...

Impotence fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 4, 2020

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Amazon seems like the only logistics provider here that isn't overflowing into the ground. USPS/UPS/Fedex are delayed by weeks, I have overnight packages that have been sitting in a depot for a week - all delivery promise/guarantees/refunds/SLAs seem to have been completely suspended across the board