Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JelloHelmet
Nov 4, 2012
Fun Shoe
Hey Guys, quick question.
My company has had a recent string of bad luck with Dell laptops. Basically one out of every 10 we purchase will BSOD and on reboot give a "hard drive not detected" error. It'll go away after a few more reboots but I'm sick of going through the rma process with Dell support. they have been doing this on every batch we order over the last year or so. I think its something to do with whoever they source their 256Gb M.2 drives from? not sure but it sucks.

any other vendors you recommend? any I should avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JelloHelmet
Nov 4, 2012
Fun Shoe

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

My company is a Dell shop. What model(s) of laptop are giving you this issue? I'd like to know in case any of mine are affected.

Also, you might want to try asking in the laptop megathread.

oh lol good point, I'll check over there.

it seems to range from a bunch of different models. it started with inspiron 3 and 7000 series so we switched to Latitude 3301s thinking the QA was a bit better. but nope, also happened on them.
and it just happened on a brand new XPS so it seems to be a pretty wide range.