Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
Context: my PC case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

Earlier today, when I went to get up from my PC and go do something else, my foot got caught on my headphone cable and I tripped. Unfortunately, this seems to have damaged the front-panel headphone jack on my PC- it no longer registers that anything's plugged into that port unless I press on it, and the connection terminates as soon as I let off. I've already checked the headphones and the cable in question with multiple other devices- including the rear audio port on the same PC- and they still work fine.

Obviously, this qualifies as user damage and isn't gonna be covered under Phanteks' warranty. There's a place at a nearby mall that offers computer repairs, but I don't know if this is the kind of work they can/will do. Even if they do, is it a good idea to try 3rd-party repairs for this? Or should I just contact Phanteks and ask if they'll send a replacement I/O unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked. I tried earlier to re-seat the I/O bank in the front panel, and the problem persisted. I've even gone to the extent of taking the entire front panel and I/O housing off and plugging into the jack while the computer is running, like so:

and still no dice.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Are there any recommended manufacturers/manufacturers to avoid when it comes to USB-A/3.5mm adapters?