Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Hello people, I'm looking for some advice. I need a new headset for my pc (needs to have a mic so I can use skype, teamspeak and so on.) My budget is no more than £80. I'm a gamer and I'm looking for the best headset I can get for the price, that also won't ruin watching movies or listening to music with stupidly high bass boost (or at least has a bass control). So far I'm looking at either the Corsair 1500, the Logitech G430 or the HyperX Cloud. Can someone recommend any of these (or of course if you think another product is better, recommend something else).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Hey there, I have a corsair K70 (RGB) that had a spill on it, its dried out overnight and I think it's working now (touch wood). However, some of the lights are discoloured (white becomes blue, red becomes orange etc. etc.) Is there any way I can fix this?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Not sure if this is a hardware or software question, so please forgive me. Whenever I open my volume mixer, playback devices or sound options on skype / teamspeak, I'm getting really weird codes where my device names should be.

Speakers (Ö¦aÀ?öXXÔŽ üŠnRºË.
Ÿn~á™éS¢Ýp¹{ ™ŠŸyŽqã÷ý8Ñ)9
ñûêÔ”Á¿s)

^ for example.

It doesn't seem to cause any issues or anything, but it's slightly annoying. Does anyone know what the issue could be or if it has a fix?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Alereon posted:

Have you tried updating your audio drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website? That's usually Realtek.

Just tried, didn't fix it for me though, thanks for trying.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Why does my headset buzz when I put my feet up but stops when my feet are on the floor? I believe this thread was made for this question.