Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

If the plastic part of a PCI Express comes off the motherboard, is it possible to clip it back on? It looks like it just clips into the motherboard in 2 spots but getting all the little wires into the holes looks like it could be tedious. Only a few are a little bent and the rest are in good shape. Just wondering if it's possible to fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Geemer posted:

It should be possible if none of the clips snapped off. Good luck!
Some were pretty bent. I had a couple others look at it and it couldn't be salvaged so I had to go and buy a new motherboard but all is well now. :cool:

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

At the moment I have 2 140mm fans for intake and a 120mm fan for exhaust. While I think my temps are fine, would a 140mm fan for exhaust be good or would it not make much of a difference?

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

I got a Kraken Z73 and front mounted it as intake with an exhaust at the back. Would that be good enough or should I add some fans up top for exhaust too?

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

I’m using a 2080 Super with 2 monitors through DisplayPort and HDMI. Sometimes when I start up my computer the second monitor doesn’t come on and I have to re-enable it through GeForce settings. I tried switching ports and it still does it. Haven’t tried a new cable since I don’t have one but not sure if that would make a difference. Anyone happen to know how to fix it?