Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I put in a new PSU and now I can't seem to get past the UEFI (when I exit it, it reboots right back into it). Is there an obvious thing or two to try or should I make a Haus of Tech Support thread for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Skarsnik posted:

It might do that if it can't detect any hard drives or other bootable things.
...Are you telling me I have to remember to give my drive power? (Thanks)

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I have a 550W Seasonic power supply and a GTX 1060. They worked well together, and then my computer started randomly shutting down immediately, and then often not booting up beyond an initial fan spin and the light near the power switch coming on. Removing the GTX from the system seems to have solved the issue.

1. How can I be sure (or what's the chance) that the problem is actually in the power supply?
2. If it's in the power supply, but the computer works fine without the graphics card, is there hope of replacing the power supply under warranty?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

dirby posted:

I have a 550W Seasonic power supply and a GTX 1060. They worked well together, and then my computer started randomly shutting down immediately, and then often not booting up beyond an initial fan spin and the light near the power switch coming on. Removing the GTX from the system seems to have solved the issue...

ufarn posted:

Is there anything between the PSU and the power socket in the wall that could be acting as a bottleneck?

Thanks for the suggestion. There was a power strip in between, but that wasn't a significant factor. Replacing the power supply with a similar one did solve the problem.