Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
Does anyone know if the nzxt grid+ can only be controlled by the nzxt cam software or if it can be controlled by speedfan or ASUS AI Suite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

mfny posted:

Maybe having an issue with temperature on my APU (a10 7800)

BIOS says idling at 40 Deg C. However CPUID HWmonitor says the "Package" temp on APU at idle is pushing 70+ Deg C. This is with the stock cooler.

My system is not doing anything obvious to suggest high temps in terms of stability so I am tempted to go with BIOS on this one..

How's the airflow in the case? What are the other temperatures like in the case and on the cpu? Are they all normal? How much dust is clogging up the case?

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Smilin Joe Fission posted:

I hope to hang onto this system for 2-3 more years at least, with a possible upgrade to Windows 10 if there looks to be any benefit at that point. I'd like to still be able to play modern games being released over the next 2-3 years with this system with midrange settings, so I'll likely end up getting a newer graphics card (to replace the current GTX 460 1GB) before long in addition to the RAM upgrade unless people feel that the 2.8GHz quad Core i5 760 CPU is still going to be too much of a bottleneck that even 8 or 16 GB of RAM and a fast video card cannot overcome.

I have an i5 750 and did the upgrade from 4GB to 16GB and an ssd couple of years ago and it made a huge difference for the better. Though right now I'd be spending money with an eye on what you can bring to your next build and that might not be much if that won't happen for a year or more.