Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Duke Chin posted:

Random rear end question: There a good, HDMI switcher that's not too expensive? I have a PS4 and Xbox 360 that need to share one HDMI port while my PC gets the other HDMI port that it shall never share with the other boxes. :v: Anything on amazon?

Thanks

I use this Monoprice one. It's currently out of stock but will be back in on Monday. Works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Gibfender posted:

So I need to remove my heat sink to clear some dust buildup out of it. Do I need to clean off and reapply thermal paste or can I just stick it back on as is?

You should take advantage of the cleaning and just reapply fresh thermal paste.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

glickeroo posted:

I ordered a hard drive off Amazon and it came today with the least protection possible.

I'm tempted to just return it without even testing it, because it seems highly likely the hard drive was damaged in shipping as nothing prevented it from being bumped around in the box during shipping. The static sleeve has many bumps where I assume the circuit board on the bottom of the hard drive impacted enough to deform, but not break, the sleeve.

Should I return this or am I over-reacting?

Back in my day hard drives were fragile :corsair:

Garbage packing. Return it and demand it's packed prooperly if you want another one.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Is there a best brand of USB thumb drive, or are they all largely similar?

Stick with brand names (SanDisk, Kingston, etc.) and you're pretty much set.