Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

What is Sigma Harmonics?

Sigma Harmonics is a time-travel murder solving musical battle RPG develops and publishes by Square Enix for the Nintendo DS. It’s written by Hiroki Chiba and produce by Yoshinori Kitase, both of Chrono Trigger fame.

What is this game about?

Time-Demon known as Ouma suddenly taken over the world via time shenanigans!

Only two Ability Users known as Neon and Sigma somehow survived the mass extinction.

Together, they will fix the twisted timeline by solving murder cases of the Kurogami Family and beat up the culprit Ouma.

Is there an English version of this game?

No, but I will be translating this game and provide supplemental information when necessary. However, since I am translating from the Chinese translation of the original Japanese version, I might miss something, but not by a lot since both languages share very similar structures. But, I will try to cross-reference with the original version to ensure everything is probably translated.

Thankfully, in my quest for quality, I come upon a translated guide by chocomog257 that has faithfully translated all the important names and terms of the game, so I will be using that to augment my translation.

Please do not post any spoiler here or make any witty foreshadowing spoiler.

LP Format

This will be a hybrid format LP that includes both abridged screenshots and subbed video. Bold are all in-game texts and un-bold are my comments. I can change it to full SSLP if everyone wants it.

How will this lp works?

For the most part, all of you will vote on piecing the logic together and find the culprit. However, this game allows you to proceed even if you get the wrong culprit! When you do, it could affect which ending we get and monster we meet in the future gets stronger! We will proceed even when we declared the wrong culprit until the point the dead end. Then we will go back and redo all the wrong choice we made or I can show you the proper logical deduction to solve the murder.

Fan Art and Contribution

I am happy to see any fan art or receive any kind of help to make the LP better, but please, no plot spoiler in fan art.

Fan art:

By Grimwit

pre:
Special thanks to Mraagvpeine and PlaceholderPigeon for all the proofreading and Nidoking for the audio translation!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Index

Opening:
Video - Part A , Part B
Terms and Characters - Terms, Characters

Prelude:
Video - Part A , Part B
Terms and Characters - Reasoning

Chapter 1: The Old Swallow's Poisoning Incident
Video - 1200 Hours , 1100 & 0900 Hours, One event that I missed, Solution, Boss fight and Ending
Abridged Summary - 1200 Hours, 1100 & 0900 Hours + First Darkness, Solution, Boss Fight and Ending

Chapter 2: The Woman Who Disappeared On 2nd Floor –The Great Detective Coming-
Video - 1600 Hours , 1500 hours , First reasoning + bad reasoning , 1700 & 1800 Hours , Final Reasoning , Ending
Abridged Summary - 1600 Hours, 1500 hours + First Darkness, First reasoning: One Two Three Four Five, Activities Chart

Chapter 3: Murderer in Kurogami Mansion
Video - 1800 Hours , 1900 Hours + Reasoning , 2000 & 1700 Hours , Boss and Ending , Activities Chart , Game Trailer , Bad Reasoning

Chapter 4: It’s Massacre Time
Video - 1600 Hours , 1500 Hours , 1400 & 1700 Hours , Reasoning , Activities Chart . Extra and Boss Fight , Bad Reasoning

Chapter 5: Murderer in Kurogami Mansion II -The Great Detective’s Final Account-
Video - 1900 Hours , 2000 to 2300 Hours , Reasoning , Activities Chart , Bad Reasoning , Fan Reasoning , Boss Battle and Ending

Chapter 6: Offering to the Future
Video - Part A , Part B , Part C, Boss Battle and Ending

Bonus Chapter 3 VS: Woman in the Hallway
Video - 1800, 1700, & 1900 hours, Reasoning and Boss Battle , Bad Reasoning

Death Chapter: Mask of Terror
Video - 1500 & 1400 Hours, 1600 & 1700 hours, 1300, 1800, & 1900 Hours, 2000, 2100, and Battles

Note: Death Chapter is basically Boss Rush and doesn't add much to the story.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 8, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Video Summary

I, Sigma Kurogami awoke from my deep rest and standing in my home, the Kurogami Mansion.

Kurogami Financial Group: Finances the operations of various renowned private high school in Japan. It has gained considerable influences thanks to its well-known graduates from economic sector, law firms, etc…

I wonder aimlessly in my home until I spotted the Grand Clock. A great ancient construct that imprisoned numerous Ouma sealed within.

Ouma: Demons that lives between the gap of time and space. It’s unaffected by such dimensions and its existence is a danger to human who live within the flow of time…

I thought I saw a maid walked into the kitchen, but only to find the butler appear from behind me.

He informs me of Neon's arrival.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 9, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Video Summary

Neon Tsukiyumi is enthusiastic as ever.

She is my partner and a Card-Wielder who can imbue the power of contracted gods into her body via Equip.

Ability User: Refer to human with special ability that’s capable of combating Ouma. Most people pass these powers hereditary to its descendents. Sound User and Card Wielder are within this category.

Equip (God Descend): A unique ability of Card Wielder. The ability user gains the power to combat Ouma by letting a god to possess the user who formed a pact with it.

It’s a beautiful transformation. Unfortunately, there’s a flaw in her ability.

She has no control of her body while possessed. So I, as a Sound User, will use music to guide her action.

They live in Tokyo, Japan.

We go to school in this peaceful world.

But for how long, would this peace remain?

We attend the private school financed by the Kurogami Financial Group.

Note: The artistic design is based on the Showa era of the Japanese culture of the 50's and 60's.

Note: Since there's cellphone technology already, we can assume the setting's genre is Victorian Steampunk.

The teacher’s boring lecture can be heard from the outside.

Neon is worried for me because I seem very into the moment.

Begin. The only tomorrow…

It is-

Time.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 9, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The world suddenly changed.

Red replaces the blue sky. Buildings become ruins.

We are only one left in the school building.

With no idea of what is going on. We decided to ride the still-working train home.

Watching this crimson world on the train. Not a single living soul on the street.

All except Ouma that fills the sky in this scarlet world.

Who did it? How did it come to this? They wondered in disbelief in the swaying passenger car.

However, we will find the answer.

Hopefully, someone will have the answer at the Kurogami Mansion.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 25, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am home.

The Kurogami Butler is out to greet us as our train arrives. Or so we thought.

Outsiders are forbidden from entering. Please leave immediately.

The butler does not recognize us. Then the only way to identify ourselves…

Body Matches of Eight Spans, Fruit of Immortal… Retrieve my Hand, and There is no Return.

Note:
Eight Spans refers to Yata no Kagami (八咫鏡, Eight Spans Mirror) and the Fruit of Immortal refers to tokijiku no kagu no konomi (非時香菓)

The butler is surprised that we are Ability Users and welcomed us. The [Butler didn’t recognize us…] will be an important clue.

We are equally surprised that Ability Users like us has been [Absent for 50 Years].

Neon later learned that the [Words that Sigma Recited] to the butler is an argot to prove the identity of a Kurgomi member.

We are shocked to discover that the Grand Clock has been destroyed.

The destruction of the Grand Clock explains the appearance of Ouma out there.

We searched awhile and come to the conclusion that [The Ruined Mansion] is abandoned. No one beside the butler is here.

Suddenly, a beam of light emerges from the Grand Clock.

I use my Sound ability to fine tune and [Search] for magical clues in this beam of light.

Somehow, this triggered a reaction in time space.

Resulted in what I could only conclude as [Space Distortion].

A really big Space Distortion. It begins to suck us in.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 23, 2014

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
The art direction and architecture design in this game is gorgeous.
Any idea why it was passed over for localization unlike most other Square Enix RPGs?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We were drawn into some sort of dimension. Lots of spinning gears floating in the background.

Without much left to do, I will now reason out the situation with the clues that I have collected. I find it particularly effective when I imagine a mental Go board with black pieces as the mystery that can be revealed by placing clues (Sealed Sounds / Seals) that I have collected. The diamond shape inside these black pieces represents how many clues it needs to purge the darkness of the mystery.

Terminology:
White Piece = Clue piece = Sealed Sound = Seal
Black Piece = Darkness

– The things that the butler knows and does not know.

The masked man at the mansion’s entrance is the butler of Kurogami Mansion. We have known each other for more than ten years. Why did the butler not recognize me? Is there something in our conversation that is known or not known?

The first puzzle is not complex, so let’s vote TWO sealed sounds from below and I will place them in the best possible position. I highly recommend you discuss your reasoning with others before voting.

A. [Absent for 50 Years] – The butler said there’s no appearance of ability user for fifty years.
B. [Space Distortion] – The space distortion that appears at the Grand Clock, that crack in space is…
C. [Words that Sigma Recited] – Sigma recited the argot that only ability user would know.
D. [The Ruined Mansion] – The mansion become ruins, even the Grand Clock is broken…
E. [Butler didn’t Recognize Us] - The familiar butler did not recognize us.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 14, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Edit: Swapped some posts and added Prelude Part A video that I missed.

asvodel posted:

Any idea why it was passed over for localization unlike most other Square Enix RPGs?
I believe it wasn't selling well according to some random forum post that I read.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 14, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hmm. If I'm understanding it right, our mystery so far is all about the Butler not recognizing us and the reasons.
So the answers are The butler didn't recognize us and absent for 50 years.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh, one more thing. If I place a seal (Clue/White piece) at the right side of the black piece, then the seal I placed there will count toward the other inactive black piece next to it when it's activated. Please also vote if you want to place a piece at the right side of the current black piece. This will result in a different logic pattern in the future.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 14, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nyaa posted:

School life is pretty plain.

But those uniforms sure aren't. What the hell?

Anyhow, regarding the current mystery, the fact that the butler didn't recognize us is not a clue but a question. Thus, I would say the relevant facts are that It's been 50 years and the mansion is in ruins. Even if it's the same butler (and it might not be), it's been so long now that he may not remember. As for the go board, I have no idea how it works, so I'll just say avoid the black piece for now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Anyhow, regarding the current mystery, the fact that the butler didn't recognize us is not a clue but a question. Thus, I would say the relevant facts are that It's been 50 years and the mansion is in ruins. Even if it's the same butler (and it might not be), it's been so long now that he may not remember. As for the go board, I have no idea how it works, so I'll just say avoid the black piece for now.

I don't agree. Considering the Butler seems to be the same one (and he's not old and grey), I think that whatever the cloaked guy's managed to do has kicked those two into a divergent timeline rather than fifty years into the future. The Butler should've had recognised the protagonist in some regard if it were in the future, given he would've been someone of importance to the family. Even if there were just an old picture on a wall, or a report of him going missing fifty years ago, there'd still be something in the house of a family this distinguished.

That said though, the same points are relevant. The Butler didn't recognise us, and It's been fifty years since ability users were last seen. Also, avoid the black piece. I agree with Bobbin in that we should avoid it until there's a better understanding of how the Go board actually affects things.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Since this is a tutorial, I will go ahead and show what happen when you place a wrong piece.

Edit: Also want to apologize that the question is bit vague. I changed it to The things that the butler knows and does not know.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The artistic design is based on the Showa era of the Japanese culture of the 50's and 60's. Base on the current technology level, I will assume the setting's genre is Victorian Steampunk.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 14, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Goddamn this game looks rad. I love and hate your LP's so much Nyaa.

They're so much fun and interesting to read but goddamn! I WANNA PLAY THESE GAMES.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

For this tutorial puzzle, if we place a wrong piece on the darkness…

Ah…
This sealed sound is incorrect.
Pardon me, but since this is your first time performing a reasoning, I will give you some advice.
Clicking the black piece and examine its content. Then place sealed sound that is related to purge the darkness of thoughts.
Additionally, once you place a sealed sound, you can’t take it back unless you redo this whole board by pressing Redo Reasoning.
This time, I will click the button for you. Please continue.

I want to apologize that the question is bit vague. I changed it to The things that the butler knows and does not know.

The correct answer in this case, would be the Butler didn’t Recognize Us and Words that Sigma Recited.

With two pieces placed next to the black piece, the darkness is purged.

The purged darkness become a white piece. In addition, sometime a properly purged darkness can create a new sealed sound. Due to the newly created seal's possible adjacent position with other darkness, I should be cautious of where I place my seals.
Now then, the new sealed sound is…

Obtained Seal [The butler is for real]

The butler we met everyday did not recognize us. Looking from an ability user’s point of view, he is him. More importantly, he knows the argot that only known to the Kurogami family.
Surely, he is the real butler. This, I am certain…

A new darkness appears after purging the previous one. Furthermore, we can sometime tell where the next darkness will activate base on their position relative to the current darkness, but not always.
Now to click on the new darkness to see its content.

- Seals that refer to the mansion

Is this the real mansion or not...? The darkness requires two seals, but one slot has already been filled from previous placement. So the next piece should be… A seal that indicate the condition of the mansion.

A. [Absent for 50 Years] – The butler said there’s no appearance of ability user for fifty years.
B. [Space Distortion] – The space distortion that appears at the Grand Clock, that crack in space is…
C. [The Ruined Mansion] – The mansion become ruins, even the Grand Clock is broken…

Vote one. The placement of this piece doesn't matter, so you don't need to vote for where to place it.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 14, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

This one's obvious enough. The mansion's state is ruins.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, ruined mansion is definitely the right choice.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
This looks... intriguing. I really want to see where this is going.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Ruined Mansion is the obvious choice.

Obtained seal [Here is the Kurogami Mansion]

Although this place has become a ruin… But this is definitely my home… This is the Kurogami Mansion… The Grand Clock’s existence also confirms this.

- What on earth happened at Kurogami Mansion?

What happened in the Kurogami Mansion? One of the sealed sound has filled the slot from above. Now to place two pieces that indicate the situations that leads to this…

We place the last two pieces [Space Distortion] and [Absent for 50 Years]

Obtained seal [Event at the mansion]

This should be the mansion that I knew… My home…
But, there’s an inconceivable phenomenon occurring at this mansion… Space Distortion… The butler’s word… And… The last darkness…

It requires two?
The chains of thoughts are coming together…

All darkness is purged. Board clear!

Is that so…
All sealed sounds has resonated. Now, it’s time to reveal the truth…

The void of time…
The void of… Time…?
Exist within the void between time, an isolated world that’s separated from time. A world without the concept of time-
Uhm?
Ah, it basically means that time is stopped in this world… We can acknowledge as that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Neon then remembers that our clan has a spell that can connect other spacetime through the sealed void of time. The culprit might be one of our clan and used this technique.

We decided to stabilize this place that has lost its time by performing the same technique. Neon found a powerful deity that can help us cast this powerful spell.

I rocked hard on that piano.

Time is now fixed at 1200 hours. We witness the dining of my family.

Nene Kurogami, the young daughter.

Yoshiko Kurogami, the wife.

Obaba (Great-Grandmother)

Shizuma Kurogami, the head of the house.

Obaba seem to have died suddenly on the dining table. What could be the cause of her death?

It’s unfortunate that we don’t belong in this time, so we can’t interact or communicate with them. This should apply to the culprit, but who could have the capability to connect the gap of times to in the past in order to have Ouma manipulate the mind of the people into committing murder?

An unknown man in blue appeared suddenly, he told me to fix this mess and disappear. Could he be the culprit?

Whoever it is, I will have to use my time tuning ability to fix this twisted timeline, but in order to do that, we need to solve the mystery behind this murder and defeat the special Ouma that caused this tragedy.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 23, 2014

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The soundtrack to this game is loving phenomenal and it's great to finally see what it's all about.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 15, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pladdicus posted:

They're so much fun and interesting to read but goddamn! I WANNA PLAY THESE GAMES.
I am here to ease your pain.

Pootybutt posted:

The soundtrack to this game is loving phenomenal and it's great to finally see what it's all about.
Yeah, the first Battle Music is a masterpiece. I wish the emulator is better at rendering it.

Edit: I am very happy that some of the key conversation/event landed in very appropriate rhythm of the music in the video.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 15, 2014

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
Out of interest, what would have happened if we had placed a seal where one of the combination seals had to appear? If, for example, we had placed the ruined mansion piece below the "seals that refer to the mansion" black piece, or the Spatial Distortion piece to the right of the "What on earth happened at Kurogami Mansion?" black piece?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

NAME REDACTED posted:

Out of interest, what would have happened if we had placed a seal where one of the combination seals had to appear? If, for example, we had placed the ruined mansion piece below the "seals that refer to the mansion" black piece, or the Spatial Distortion piece to the right of the "What on earth happened at Kurogami Mansion?" black piece?
The combination seal will appear at the empty space instead. What important is which seal will be adjacent to the next darkness, which will change the logic path of the questioning process and the board's layout. The very first question is an example of this. If we have placed something next to "Seals that refer to the mansion" instead of the combination seal that appeared next to it, we would get a red mansion icon instead of blue and titled [Is it the usual place...?] instead of [Here is the Kurogami Mansion].

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I don't have a clue what I just read but drat Sigma is a snappy dresser.

Edit: Evidently watching the videos would help give me a clue.

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 16, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

alcharagia posted:

I don't have a clue what I just read but drat Sigma is a snappy dresser.

Edit: Evidently watching the videos would help give me a clue.
Maybe I should just remove the screenshot summary. They were suppose to be 'quick notes' for you to reviews the clues/events without going through the video again, but I probably making it worst?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nyaa posted:

Maybe I should just remove the screenshot summary. They were suppose to be 'quick notes' for you to reviews the clues/events without going through the video again, but I probably making it worst?

It was actually just me having a brain fart, I thought the screenshot summary was the actual text of the game and was like "what the gently caress" until I realized that the videos had actual dialogue and stuff. (Adding a note that "Hey, reading the screenshots does not give you the full experience" would probably be a good idea, though.)

Sigma is still a snappy dresser.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

alcharagia posted:

(Adding a note that "Hey, reading the screenshots does not give you the full experience" would probably be a good idea, though.)
Thanks. I added one at index and another at the first post.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

asvodel posted:

If I could infer a likely reason, I'd say it lies in its Presentation: while one of its biggest boon was how it focused in making its novel sections look like an actual moving graphic novel, it also brought a localization nightmare by designing the layout of its dialogue sections so it would only look good with vertical-oriented text (we're lucky for the way Nyaa is presenting the subtitles in the videos)...

Also, we were dealing with DS-era Square Enix: where they didn't believe a handheld RPG would have any chance overseas unless it had Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts attached to its name.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 18, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Chapter 1: The Old Swallow's Poisoning Incident

Time to investigate the crime scene at the living room.

We found Soul Shadow – A monolith like object that I can replay events with my Search ability.

It’s the exact same event that we seen, but this time found the [Murderer’s Note]. We hesitantly concluded that [No one can empoison…] the food during the meal. Also noteworthy is that everyone ate the same food except Nene who skipped on tomato soup because she is [The girl who hates tomato].

Logically, I went to the kitchen to check find some sort of evidence for poison, but instead, we found the maid is dead.

[Did the maid Kill herself?]

There’s no more soul shadow in this hour, so I borrow the power of the great snake god to send us to 1100 Hours.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 10, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I missed one event, so here it is. :v:

We went back one hour prior to the maid’s death.

A conversation about [wine] and tomato soup happened between the maid, Shizuma and [Yoshiko in the Kitchen].

We also learned from an other event where wine is offered to [Shizuma in the living room] and [The maid prepares the meal].

At the optional 0900 Hours, we learned that solving these mysteries will weaken Ouma and we witness the scene where Obaba tell the maid to forget about buying wine and order the maid to make tomato soup.

Along the way, we found Shard of Truth, which is like a hint to solve the mystery. I will list out the three relevant pieces later.

Finally, we start the reasoning by deciding whether the murderer is within the dining group when Obaba died. The suspect in the dining group are Shizuma, Yoshiko, and Nene.

- Is the murderer one of the people in the living room?

First, there's one essential factor that needs to be clear up. When Obaba died, [ Is the murderer one of the people in the living room?] When Obaba died, [ Is the murderer one of the people in the living room?]

[Yes] or [No], which one should I place?

There's five hints total, but I will show three relevant one for now.

Hint
1) There isn't any seal at 9:00 but try listening to the conversation at the platform.

2) Obaba did not drink wine, so what was poisoned?

3) Think of different questions like: Is one of the people in the living room the murderer? And did that person put the poison during the meal?

A. [Yes] – Answer yes.
B. [No] – Answer no.
C. [No one can empoison] – No one could poison the food during lunch.
D. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
E. [Murderer's notice?] – Seem to be a notice about killing someone.
F. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
G. [Wine] – Wine selected by Shizuma
H. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
I. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
J. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 10, 2014

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
My vote is Yes, because Yuriko's death strikes me more as a murder to cover the murderer's tracks than a suicide, leaving only those three people as suspects. (Pure reason should never lead to suspicion of an outside party.)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yes

And I think I have an idea of who it could be...(speculation follows)
I'm hedging my bet on Yoshiko. "Die you old swallow!" Sounds like a "die you old bitch" sort of note. She was also in the kitchen for a long time, where Shizuma chilled in the living room. She also seemed rather distraught when she realized they were serving Tomato soup, since that means she wouldn't be able to kill all three other people as well.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yes, because conservation of detail dictates that if it were somebody else they'd have been mentioned by now.

I really like the mystery solving mechanic. It's a great way to allow those in the audience who are just too thick for murder mysteries to complete the game. This game seems rad as gently caress overall.

Also, what exactly is this group of peoples' relation to Sigma? Is Shizuma his dad? Because if that's the case snappy dressing must run deep in this family's men. That is a bitchin' cape.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If the murderer is within the living room, then there’s two contradicting points.

- Two Seals contradicting the case if someone committed the crime during the meal.

A. [No one can empoison] – No one could poison the food during lunch.
B. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
C. [Murderer's notice?] – Seem to be a notice about killing someone.
D. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
E. [Wine] – Wine selected by Shizuma
F. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
G. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
H. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
No one can empoison, obviously, but I'm less certain about the second one. Could it be the Murderer's Notice?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
[No one can empoison] - Seeming to contradict the murder happening during the meal
[The maid prepared the meal] - Seeming to contradict our set of suspects

Not to jump on two updates in a row - I just happened to load the thread a few minutes after the post.

EDIT:

alcharagia posted:

Could it be the Murderer's Notice?

This could work, too - I was looking for clues that suggest that "YES" might be the wrong answer, with the intention of debunking them with further logic, but if what we're looking for is simply "proof that the poisoning took place BEFORE the meal", then the planting of a note certainly suggests that.

Nidoking fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 21, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

No one can empoison is definitely one. I guess the other might be...maid prepares the meals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SSNeoman posted:

No one can empoison is definitely one. I guess the other might be...maid prepares the meals?

This seems correct. The second one could be the murder's notice as well, but I feel that's not what the game is going for.

• Locked thread