Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
[No one can empoison] - 4
[The maid prepared the meal] - 3
[The Murderer's Notice] - 1 + 2

Since the question is asking for during the meal, The Murderer’s Notice is a better choice than maid prepares the meals.

I will change the answer to that since most of you consider The Murderer's Notice to be a valid choice too.

The act of poisoning in sight of the public and writing the killing notice at the crime scene are certainly abnormal behaviors for people in the living room. I should verify one more thing before going to the next step. Did the murderer poison the food?

Was the food empoisoned? [Yes] or [No]. There’s only one answer.

Did the murderer poison the food?

A. [Yes] – Answer yes.
B. [No] – Answer no.
C. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
D. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
E. [Wine] – Wine selected by Shizuma
F. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
G. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
H. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
gently caress yes, I'm a genius. Obviously, yes, because otherwise Obaba wouldn't have died unless she had a sudden coronary.

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 22, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I think I will change the vote to be also decided by the correct answer having slightly-less-than-majority votes rather than just majority since this is a general group reasoning process. Just post about what you think would also works and I might count it as a... psudo-vote?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 22, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man, gee I dunno, this is a real stumper chief I think I'm gonn-

YES.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

It was actually just me having a brain fart, I thought the screenshot summary was the actual text of the game and was like "what the gently caress" until I realized that the videos had actual dialogue and stuff. (Adding a note that "Hey, reading the screenshots does not give you the full experience" would probably be a good idea, though.)

Sigma is still a snappy dresser.

this explains a lot, I thought this game was weird but in fact it was I who was weird and dumb.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cake Attack posted:

this explains a lot, I thought this game was weird but in fact it was I who was weird and dumb.
Too avoid further incident, I added the following to the OP and first post.

Note: Reading the screenshots does not give you the full experience. They are abridged summary for quick review of clues and events. Watch the video for full story.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Too avoid further incident, I added the following to the OP and first post.

Note: Reading the screenshots does not give you the full experience. They are abridged summary for quick review of clues and events. Watch the video for full story.

probably a good idea.

Not that you did anything wrong to begin with, I'm just dumb and basically skipped straight to the first update without reading the OP. And I know I'm not the only person who would do that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yes is obvious enough.

The food is poisoned…Then which sealed sound can point to the reason that Shizuma and Yoshiko who ate the same food didn’t die?

The reason why everyone else did not die although the food was poisoned.

A. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
B. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
C. [Wine] – Wine selected by Shizuma
D. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
E. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
F. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Could it be because they were also the only ones drinking the Wine?

Shizuma selected it and Yoshiko decided to tolerate the choice despite preferring White Wine over Red because the Matriarch stopped Yuriko earlier from buying more of the former out of Distaste for the Stuff...

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I agree - it seems likely that there was a counteragent to the poison in the wine. I can probably predict the next couple of steps as well, because the logical path seems pretty clear from here, but I won't.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I like wine for this too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am close to grasping the truth…
I should be able to find to the murderer with the rest of these sealed sounds, and the murderer is…

Please select one culprit from the [Character Sealed Sound].

- Who is the possible murderer?

Hint
4) If the food was not poisoned during the meal, then when did it happen actually? Hint is at 11:00.
5) It is not [because ... drank the poison], but [because ... did not...the...]

A. - The girl named Nene
B. - Shizuma Kurogami
C. - Yoshiko Kurogami
D. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
E. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
F. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
G. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
H. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 27, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I suspect Shizuma. He selected the wine, giving him access when no one else was around, and his early appearance in the dining room was unusual and unexplained.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yoshiko for me still. She was in the kitchen for the longest time.

...is the second hint pointing to Nene?

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I'll say Yoshiko, because there's nothing to the fact She spent a lot of time in the Kitchen that doesn't rule out her poisoning the Soup while Yuriko was serving Shizuma (who feels like an accomplice creating a blind spot) Wine in the Living Room...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yeah, Yoshiko does it for this one.

...why does it call her "The girl called Nene" but call her parents by their full names? That's weird. She has a surname too, game.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Yoshiko is the only one with the opportunity so far. Though of course, the fact that the antidote was probably in the wine means that Shizuma was probably involved, too... Well, one step at a time, I suppose.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The culprit is Yoshiko Kurogami…
Alright, next is the final step.
The one sealed sound that prove Yoshiko is the culprit...

What are the Seal that proves Yoshiko is the murderer?

A. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
B. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
C. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
D. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
E. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 25, 2014

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nyaa posted:

The one sealed sound that prove Yoshiko is the culprit...

What are the Seals proving that Yoshiko is the murderer?

Sigma, that requires four Sealed Sounds. 1 does not equal 4. Is your dress so snappy it cut off blood circulation to your brain?

Anyway, since it requires four, I'd say exclude "the girl who hates tomato."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

alcharagia posted:

Sigma, that requires four Sealed Sounds. 1 does not equal 4. Is your dress so snappy it cut off blood circulation to your brain?
The requirement is actually represent by the dot Inside the darkness. The dots around it are the space you can place.

Eldataluta
May 31, 2012
I guess the right answer is the fact that she was in the kitchen.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'd say everything except the maid prepared the meal. Nene had neither wine nor tomato soup, the two locations prove that the other two had soup, and then the maid was killed in case she discovered the truth.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

She was in the kitchen. It's already been established that the poison was planted ahead of time, and Yoshiko was the only person we saw enter the kitchen - and, if I remember correctly, specifically do something unseen with the soup.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Was in the kitchen. Wow this game looks charming. Shame that it couldn't come to the states.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I had already put the bulk of my reasoning in a previous post, but that Yoshiko was in the Kitchen and could stay there during the period the Maid wasn't there is enough to consider her being able to mess with the soup...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nyaa posted:

The requirement is actually represent by the dot Inside the darkness. The dots around it are the space you can place.

Oh, so there are superfluous spots to place. Don't I feel silly. :downs: Well, she was in the kitchen.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Is that so…
All sealed sounds has resonated. Now, it’s time to reveal the truth…
The culprit is…

Eh?
Let’s look at the hypothesis that someone in the living room is the murderer.

The words that appears when Obaba died.
It can be view as the murderer’s notice. That means the murderer would have to keep a close eyes on Obaba and kill her. However, no one empoisoned the food during the meal.
Yeah…
Then the food was poisoned during the preparation?
No, the poison is in the soup since the beginning.
W-wait a minute. But Shizuma and Yoshiko both drank the same thing.
Yes, the food is the same.
Then, what is not the same?
?

Eh?
… Hm, but those two also drank the wine? If Obaba had drink the wine, then we can even hypothesize the poison is in the wine… But what is happening here?
The poison is definitely in the soup.
But three people had drank it. Yet, only Obaba is poisoned to death.
The girl who didn’t drank it is obviously still alive, but Shizuma and Yoshiko who drank the Wine did not die…
?
Still didn’t get it? The soup have poison, but the two who drank the wine didn’t die.
Let’s think of it this way.
If the wine have some kind of antidote.
Eh…? Something like that…
That poison…

Probably was pour into the soup when she tries it in the kitchen?
At that time…
Then she adds the antidote into the wine that Shizuma wanted to drink, and drank it with him.
Additionally, she knew that the tomato soup wouldn’t be drank by that girl.
Hm… It’s true that would be able to kill only Obaba…Then what’s the reason that Yuriko is dead too?
The maid, Yuriko, might had wanted to prove the food she prepared is not poisoned, so she went ahead and try the soup herself.
Is… It?
Q.E.D.
Alright, begin tuning.

Alright, let’s go. The Ouma who twisted the history of Kurogami family should be at the kitchen.
How did you know the location of the Ouma?
Ouma hid in places that can exert the most influence on the murderer.
It should now appears after my tuning.
Understood.
Now we need to defeat the main culprit in this gap… Ouma.
Time Turning complete.
Hm. Forward! To the Ouma’s location!

Are you satisfied with Sigma’s conclusion? Shall we proceed to battle... Or redo a few reasoning?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 27, 2014

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
While having Sigma scream QED!! at Neon and completely ignoring the issue would be funny, we need to go back and re-evaluate Yuriko's death somehow.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

alcharagia posted:

While having Sigma scream QED!! at Neon and completely ignoring the issue would be funny,
I'm sure this will happen a lot in our future-reasoning. :mmmsmug:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nyaa posted:

I'm sure this will happen a lot in our future-reasoning. :mmmsmug:

I really hope he has a different line for it every time.

"But Sigma, what about-"
"The proof is in the pudding. Begin tuning."

Edit:

"I thought I'd come up with a logical deduction while I was reasoning, Your Ouma."
"I didn't."

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 24, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

alcharagia posted:

I really hope he has a different line for it every time.
"But Sigma, that doesn't seem possi-"
"My logic is FLAWLESS. Begin tuning!"

----

"But Sigma, this doesn't seem logica-"
"Magic did it. Q.E.D. Begin tuning."

----

"But Sigma, you weren't even trying anymore."
"I AM THE GODDAMN TIMELORD! BEGIN TUUUNING!"

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

This was the conclusion I came to from the original clues - anything else seems to be a real stretch. I say we go for it.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Nyaa posted:

"I AM THE GODDAMN TIMELORD! BEGIN TUUUNING!"

I feel this needs to be your next avatar/caption, Nyaa.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Out of curiosity, if we were to choose a completely different combination would Sigma still defend it?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Based on the end dialogue I feel something is wrong but what could we do different? There are lots of seals left unused too.

Hmm. Yoshiko had no opportunity to slip the antidote into the wine, did she? What if we suspect Shizuma instead?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

We can try accusing Yuriko. There's enough evidence for that to.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Out of curiosity, if we were to choose a completely different combination would Sigma still defend it?
Yes. Q.E.D.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Nyaa posted:

Yes. Q.E.D.

:allears: I love this and now can't see Sigma as anything but the worst Edgeworth.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yeah, the developer did a good job in making clues that can accuse anyone as the culprit. Although the less logical you perform on the board, the sooner Sigma just go to Q.E.D.

We can totally accuse Nene as the murderer just because she didn't drink the soup and Sigma will Q.E.D. on the little girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So for future reference, here's what we just tried:

Reasoning #1:
1: The murderer [is] in the living room.
2: This contradicts the facts that [nobody can poison the food during the meal] and [the murderer writing a notice.]
3: The food [was] poisoned.
4: Shizuma and Yoshiko weren't poisoned because they [drank the wine.]
5: [Yoshiko] is the culprit.
6: She was [in the kitchen at 11], giving her the opportunity.

Result: Sigma was able to give a convincing account of the murder, but was unable to explain Yuriko's death.

I kind of want to go back and see what Sigma tries to conjecture out if we say no to the first step.

• Locked thread