Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

drat, what a cool game.

I'm going to go against the crowd and think that Shizuma murdered Obaba. Why? Because - if the wine is the antidote, and he selected the wine...

There's also the fact that the wife doesn't like the kind of wine he picked, and the servant was never able to get more of it.

I just can't figure out how he did the maid in. Did he order her to kill herself? He IS the master of the house, and/or he poisoned her early on...

It's tricky when the game gives you clues for who did kill Obaba, but not much for the maid. Hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Yeah, I think it might be worth trying it with Shizuma. At the very least, we can see multiple conclusions that way before we make a final decision.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There’s enough consensus to see Shizuma as the potential culprit, so we will take a look at the reasoning of him as the murderer.

The head of Kurogami, Shizuma is the murderer…
Alright, next is the final step.
Select sealed sounds that indicate Shizuma as the culprit…

- What are the Seals that proves Shizuma is the murderer?

A. [The girl who hates tomato] – Nene hates tomato, so she didn’t drink the soup.
B. [Did the maid kill herself?] – Did the maid perform suicide in the kitchen…?
C. [Yoshiko in the kitchen] – Yoshiko spent a long time in the Kitchen area before the crime.
D. [Shizuma in the living room] – Shizuma went to the living room before the meal began.
E. [The maid prepared the meal] – Yuriko is responsible for preparing the food.

Vote three seals.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Shizuma in the living room, maid kill herself and...maid prepares them meal?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

Shizuma in the living room, maid kill herself and...maid prepares them meal?

Seconding this. I kind of want to pick out the Girl Who Hates Tomato, except the connection there is too tenuous, I think. (As in, her father cares about her -> she hates tomatos so she won't eat the poison -> she's too young for wine, so no antidote for her...Also, Obaba picked the meal, not Shizuma.)

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
I'm going to say Shizuma in the living room, Yoshiko in the kitchen, and did the maid kill herself.

You might wonder why Yoshiko in the kitchen is marked in there... The main reason is that it establishes a moment where Shizuma was in the kitchen too. Though, one thing that comes to mind is that Shizuma was trying to dissuade Yoshiko from having the wine. If he really was trying to only poison Obaba...

Edit: Switching the last one to Did the maid kill herself?

As for why... Shizuma was the first on the scene.

Crepuscule Adepte fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 25, 2014

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

I'm going to say Shizuma in the living room, Yoshiko in the kitchen, and did the maid kill herself.

These.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 21, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Based on the reasoning, it seems like Obaba had some kind of hunch or premonition since her actions spared the lives of two of her family members.

Also, I totally called the murderer from the start. :smug:

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

You did indeed. I forgot that Shizuma was in the "Yoshiko in the kitchen" scene too, which affected my choice in possible cuplrits. It wasn't really until I double-checked them after we decided to see what would happen if Shizuma was the culprit that I noticed it.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew something was up. Nene also reported that she could sense something off after all, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Obaba noticed it too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Shizuma was also asked twice by the maid and Yoshiko about why he is at the kitchen/living room because it was so out of place for him to be there at those time.

Also thanking whoever Q.E.D. my avatar. :banjo:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Well, when you put it THAT way...

Also, the game tells you when you're finished whether you got it right, even before the Ouma fight?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nidoking posted:

Also, the game tells you when you're finished whether you got it right, even before the Ouma fight?
Yeah, beside all the "Q.E.D." and "we are done and ready to fight the boss" speech, if you go back into the reasoning board, Sigma would say it is done and there no more darkness. You can still redo the board though.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Yeah, beside all the "Q.E.D." and "we are done and ready to fight the boss" speech, if you go back into the reasoning board, Sigma would say it is done and there no more darkness. You can still redo the board though.

I was referring to the red circle that appeared. Would it be a blue X if we had the wrong answer, or is the game not that generous?

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Well, I recall there being a triangle on the suspect choice before we changed our answer...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nidoking posted:

I was referring to the red circle that appeared. Would it be a blue X if we had the wrong answer, or is the game not that generous?
Blue X is for when you are very wrong. Triangle is "good, but...", and Circle is perfect. The X and triangle will shows up on the spot where the first error was made.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

OK, so there's no real penalty for getting it wrong unless you decide to take on the boss anyway. I could see the game waiting until you got to the boss and then saying "Wrong! Now I'm super hard because you're a lousy detective!"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nidoking posted:

OK, so there's no real penalty for getting it wrong unless you decide to take on the boss anyway. I could see the game waiting until you got to the boss and then saying "Wrong! Now I'm super hard because you're a lousy detective!"
I believe it also stack to the next chapter onward. So it will become impossible to beat later bosses even when you grind for over leveling. Preeetty sure it also apply to normal ouma.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s time to end this. The Great Ouma is in the living room.

It was quite intimidating…

Until Neon easily sliced it up in two hits because our perfect reasoning has greatly weakened it. Pretty sure the regular Ouma is also affected.

Neon then unlocked some kind of job-changing power up.

It changed her appearance and personality.

When we get back, the future refused to change. We will have to find the main culprit by continually solving more incidents to lure it out.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 21, 2014

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Neon... We have to talk: When you get a power that you KNOW is going to alter your body and personality but you don't have a clear idea how... you really shouldn't just suddenly use it to see what happens. I mean, what if you really were a bear?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sigma's so awkward in that scene. I love you Sigma. :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I guess the god was just trying to break the ice by cracking a joke. Trying to make the whole possession thing a little less awkward, I guess.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I knew I forgot something.

Please vote if we want Regular Neon or Bear Knight Neon in the next chapter because they have slightly different script in all scenes. Or some combination of it.

I will take care of the part where jobs have an effect in event.

SSNeoman posted:

I guess the god was just trying to break the ice by cracking a joke. Trying to make the whole possession thing a little less awkward, I guess.
These are gods from the void of time, they told timeless joke. :rimshot:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's refreshing given most RPG casts, I really like both of the main characters. Sigma is just a wonderful dork who tries to look cool and Neon going all "god possession? Let's try it :q:" is simply the best.

Let's have some more horribly awkward party interaction with A BEAR.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nyaa posted:

I knew I forgot something.

Please vote if we want Regular Neon or Bear Knight Neon in the next chapter because they have slightly different script in all scenes. Or some combination of it.

I will take care of the part where jobs have an effect in event.

クマサンーダ。

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Make Neon go bear-serk!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

How many bear puns can we make before we become unbearable?

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
regular neon, it wouldn't be kind to leave her in the dark.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

...Is it just me or does miss Bear Knight look a bit like Nene...?

Regular Neon.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

alcharagia posted:

クマサンーダ。

(Translator's note: "クマサンーダ。" means "Go with Bear Neon.")

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Exercise your right to bear sidekicks.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

A new victim appeared. This time is Yuriko dying horribly in the train.

[Yuriko’s Death] is located in the train station at first floor, but Nene said Yuriko [Did not come downstairs from 2F].

Nene heard a strange [Sound from the platform], so she goes down to have a look. [Yoshiko in the Kitchen] noticed Nene going out and followed her.

[Two people playing billiards] on the second floor, and that’s Shizuma and the butler. Nene come up and tell them to go to the crime scene because Yoshiko told her to.

Looking down at the crime scene from the second floor, we noticed [Blood stain above the train] and some unnaturally [Fallen Ivy].

Neon also gained a new God Descend. Please don’t shoot me.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 19, 2015

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Well, clearly Yuriko was climbing on the ivy and someone cut it, causing her to fall onto the train.

Also, cats in a music box, strange. And a bonus enemy it appears, that's a new level to gameplay.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yuriko just can't catch a break :(

And I like Knight Neon's sword skirt thing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Knight Neon is like if Batman tried to be a standup comedian, she's pretty rad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So basically we're going to have to hunt down all the ghosts Ouma that escaped from our basement grandfather clock containment unit. And they're loving with time. This is going to be an experience.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

In 1500 hours, Nene watches [Yuriko went to 2F]. Around this hour, a billard challenge was issue to the butler, and [The one who called out is Shizuma]. They then went to the ballroom at the other side of the mansion. [Yoshiko who borrowed the key] from Obaba need to use it to open the storage room in the kitchen, they also talk about not seeing Yuriko.

- Biggest mystery involved in Yuriko’s murder

[Yuriko’s death] – Yuriko died inside the tram at the platform.
[Did not come downstairs from 2F] – Nene said Yuriko never went down stair.
[Yoshiko in the Kitchen] – Yoshiko in the kitchen saw Nene and followed her to the station.
[Sound from the platform] – Nene heard a weird sound from the platform at her room.
[Two people playing billiards] – Nene found Shizuma and the butler playing billard.
[Blood stain above the train] – Although we can’t see it clearly, it seem to be blood stain on top of the tram.
[Fallen Ivy] – Fallen ivy that’s suppose to be hanging on the column.
[Yuriko went to 2F] – Yuriko went to 2F right after talking to Nene.
[The one who called out is Shizuma] – Shizuma invited the butler to billard.
[Yoshiko who borrowed the key] Yoshiko borrowed the master key from Obaba. They hasn’t seen Yuriko.

Vote for one seal.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 24, 2015

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I'd say the most pressing mystery is how Yuriko never came downstairs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I'd say the most pressing mystery is how Yuriko never came downstairs.

Yeah that sounds right. I'm guessing she was pushed from the top floor and fell into the tram. Now we just gotta figure out who that was. ...Shizuma again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm going to echo did not come downstairs as the big mystery, at least from the perspective of the characters.

• Locked thread