Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstraSage
May 13, 2013

asvodel posted:

The art direction and architecture design in this game is gorgeous.
Any idea why it was passed over for localization unlike most other Square Enix RPGs?

If I could infer a likely reason, I'd say it lies in its Presentation: while one of its biggest boon was how it focused in making its novel sections look like an actual moving graphic novel, it also brought a localization nightmare by designing the layout of its dialogue sections so it would only look good with vertical-oriented text (we're lucky for the way Nyaa is presenting the subtitles in the videos)...

Also, we were dealing with DS-era Square Enix: where they didn't believe a handheld RPG would have any chance overseas unless it had Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts attached to its name.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Could it be because they were also the only ones drinking the Wine?

Shizuma selected it and Yoshiko decided to tolerate the choice despite preferring White Wine over Red because the Matriarch stopped Yuriko earlier from buying more of the former out of Distaste for the Stuff...

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I'll say Yoshiko, because there's nothing to the fact She spent a lot of time in the Kitchen that doesn't rule out her poisoning the Soup while Yuriko was serving Shizuma (who feels like an accomplice creating a blind spot) Wine in the Living Room...

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I had already put the bulk of my reasoning in a previous post, but that Yoshiko was in the Kitchen and could stay there during the period the Maid wasn't there is enough to consider her being able to mess with the soup...

• Locked thread