Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqKpPmVcK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i miss rock band being the Big Thing

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
finally some hardcore gamer content in the imp zone

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I am a guitarist, and Rocksmith is neat tia

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mach2 posted:

I am a guitarist, and Rocksmith is neat tia

I have severe Diabetes and Syphilis.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I have severe Diabetes and Syphilis.

That is the same thing

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i miss rock band being the Big Thing

it was pretty cool when that was the case

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I am finally going to get to offload my lovely wired guitar hero drums on a friend because he has beatles rock band and wants to play again after leaving his instruments behind in a move, I approve of this game.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1YxxjQrOs

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I wish the rock band series would have gotten a nice huge collection of power and death metal, because when I play I want to hit buttons really fast and smash the poo poo of of drums while screaming. I don't know why people play it with really slow repetitive songs.

The beatles are basically the opposite of that, and it's all boring as hell.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I wish the rock band series would have gotten a nice huge collection of power and death metal, because when I play I want to hit buttons really fast and smash the poo poo of of drums while screaming. I don't know why people play it with really slow repetitive songs.

gently caress you!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Yellow Submarine

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ringo is epic.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
octopus' garden and with a little help from my friends are two of my favorite beatles song but ringo is the worst beatle

during an interview once one of the band members said he wasn't even the best drummer in the band

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
dig a pony is pretty hard to play

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

are you 13

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish more of these kind've games would of showed up on PC, like GHWT.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Pirate Jet posted:

are you 13
We're long past the point where Black Sabbath can be considered "Dad-Metal."

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

Phase Shift isn't one of the 'real' games but it is a really good clone that you can feed the normal games' music in and it's not a huge piece of poo poo like frets on fire

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

octopus' garden and with a little help from my friends are two of my favorite beatles song but ringo is the worst beatle

during an interview once one of the band members said he wasn't even the best drummer in the band

the beatles were all assholes and you oughtn't necessarily take their petty bickering as authoritative

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Wormskull posted:

But Rocksmith 2014 is on PC and with the vast library of custom tracks available you can learn a Beatles song for real in a week. And then annoy the gently caress out of everyone at every party, ever. A cheap electric guitar works great and is like $80. Strings are $5 and can be replaced every month or less. A Rocksmith Real Tone Cable is like $20-30 (and if you buy the disk version that comes with it, it's basically $5). Not really expensive overall.

Alternatively, there are fuckloads of mods for Frets On Fire that make it less awful, and you can get custom drivers for just about any USB-wired Guitar Hero guitar.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Doctor Goat posted:

that was a joke dude

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Effectronica posted:

that was a joke dude

oh man it was a fake quote AND it happened after lennon died

i have learned a thing today

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The best version of Rock Band, I liked all the music videos that went along with each song, and you could have everyone play on expert and feel like a badass cause the songs were easy. A shame there wasn't more DLC, the Abbey Road Medley is the best thing Harmonix has ever made.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i love rock band's custom characters + career mode. it is nice to make custom characters and then get them in semi-music videos while you play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
the opening fmv for rock band beatles was pretty good

• Locked thread