Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Barring the stupid ANGELS WERE ARROGANT ABOUT CREATION AND SOMEHOW RUINED EVERYTHING(I mean that goes against the entire aspect of having a divine creator). There's really no further ways to expand the story unless you want everything to turn into poo poo. ROS was better than vanilla D3, but if you bothered to do the lore books(which nobody really did because they spawn at random on maps and you really have to look for them and spend time doing so), they're dropping hints about augmenting souls to new bodies. Which probably means the only two characters anyone has ever given a poo poo about(three if you count Kulle) are going to be brought back. Because everything about Vanilla D3 was terrible and that's the one mistake they've yet to fix.

And right now Diablo 3 UEE is already a bigger seller than WoW in America if you also combine the ROS PC sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Please do not reap my taint tia

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I played vanilla D3 at release and thought it wasn't worth $60 so there's no way in hell I'm buying the expansion to "fix" it for more money

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I played vanilla D3 at release and thought it wasn't worth $60 so there's no way in hell I'm buying the expansion to "fix" it for more money

No the fixes are free, it's just the extra campaign act, crusader class, and I think rifts are all exclusive.

Vanilla has the upgraded loot drops, fixed abilities, and everything else.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
They should un-kill Kulle instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would anyone care about diablo's plot

Soral
May 30, 2009

seeing a taint reaper post in games is very alien to me now

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Endorph posted:

The flashback cutscene where the justice angel guy that falls to earth goes "YOU cannot JUDGE ME! For I am JUSTICE ITSELF!" is still one of the most unintentionally funny cutscenes ever in any game. Like Resident Evil 1 levels of happiness ensue. The extent to which is tries too hard is legendary to me.

Aah here it is, BEHOLD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqaUxSvAVdc

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 14, 2014

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Neo Rasa posted:

The flashback cutscene where the justice angel guy that falls to earth goes "YOU cannot JUDGE ME! For I am JUSTICE ITSELF!" is still one of the most unintentionally funny cutscenes ever in any game. Like Resident Evil 1 levels of happiness ensue. The extent to which is tries too hard is legendary to me.

Aah here it is, BEHOLD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqaUxSvAVdc

Blizzard has always made some beautiful looking cutscenes, if nothing else.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Endorph posted:

Blizzard really seemed to, for some reason.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

metricchip posted:

Also they think that dude's just "some guy" until a few minutes before this cutscene even though he's like twelve feet tall.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
treaper what have we told you about posting outside the imp zone

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I still don't understand how they managed to make the story, plot and characters all offensively bad even for the low bar set by other arpgs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Arzachel posted:

I still don't understand how they managed to make the story, plot and characters all offensively bad even for the low bar set by other arpgs.

And yet it's still not as bad as the Star craft 2 Heart of The Swarm campaign story. Which makes no sense at all and is just overly dramatic just for the sake of.

I will give SC1's context less cut scenes a pass because it is a much older game. However the story and objectives to SC1 made sense outside of the cutscenes.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8xG8ykoK4E

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Which probably means the only two characters anyone has ever given a poo poo about(three if you count Kulle) are going to be brought back.

:lol: if you think anyone cared about Leah.

Kulle deserves to come back though. He was basically the only actual good guy in the game until we killed him.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Walrus Pete posted:

Gah, beaten by ages.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Stay a while and listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMAbNFptzAA

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

More resurrections than Marvel.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
diablo 4: kill diablo in act 1, make the d3 characters the villains, bring back necromancer.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

metricchip posted:

It's really where all their games shine. I'd like to see Blizzard make animated movies because they'd be amazing to look at but if Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are really what they can produce story-wise then gently caress it.

Coolguye posted:

treaper what have we told you about posting

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

bring back necromancer.

Only part that matters.

Also Kulle was the only character who actually had dialogue worth listening to for more than five seconds and his supervillain mwahaha laugh was the best. Hire whoever wrote him to do all the writing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Walrus Pete posted:

Kulle deserves to come back though. He was basically the only actual good guy in the game until we killed him.

Maybe the player was CORRUPTED all along and Tyrael can't figure it out until maaaaaaaaaaaaybe at the end of RoS because he's an idiot. Makes you think.

But yeah, Steve Blum did nothing wrong and was cool.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mash posted:

It's really where all their games shine. I'd like to see Blizzard make animated movies because they'd be amazing to look at but if Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are really what they can produce story-wise then gently caress it.

Thank god for that. Square-Enix tried that with Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, and that movie deserved all the poo poo flung at it.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Boogle posted:

Thank god for that. Square-Enix tried that with Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, and that movie deserved all the poo poo flung at it.

Honestly, I feel that The Spirits Within is a terrible Final Fantasy movie but a decent animated movie (purely based on James Woods' performance).

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

The Taint Reaper posted:

Which probably means the only two characters anyone has ever given a poo poo about(three if you count Kulle) are going to be brought back.

Kulle is the only character that isn't complete garbage and was 100% right about everything, he best come back :colbert:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Before I clicked this, I made a wish about what the video would be. I clicked and my wish came true. Thank you sir.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Mash posted:

Honestly, I feel that The Spirits Within is a terrible Final Fantasy movie but a decent animated movie (purely based on James Woods' performance).

I've never finished Spirits Within. Both times I've tried to watch it I've fallen asleep.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

I've never finished Spirits Within. Both times I've tried to watch it I've fallen asleep.

Just skip to the end when James Woods overheats their multi-billion dollar spaceship cannon thing and kills everbody because he's a power hungry dick. It's easily the best part of the entire movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Yes, basically I want to carry Kulle's head around in a bag with me during the entire game and he just narrates the onscreen action like the guy from Bastion.

• Locked thread