Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Gosh, this Kate author is so much better than anyone else on the site. Holy poo poo.

Does anyone remember the Flood like virus that infected a village in Europe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Namarrgon posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-610 titled "The Flesh That Hates" for some reason I'm still not entirely sure of.

It starts out good, but I think it ends up a little too silly and grim dark.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The Gulf is a really good corner of the SCP with an actual interesting mythology.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Has their been any updates to the Gulf canon recently?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sucks that the Gulf canon has never been updated.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

A few years ago there was a popular little side blog or story on the SCP about a female agent and an oncoming apocalypse that was really well written. It included a cool idea for SCP 001 and (I think) included this idea about an American diner that had been transported out to sea?

Anyone have any ideas?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

biosterous posted:

that might be Dixieland Nightmare Magic? it includes 2558 which is a church that's been transported out to sea

Thats the one. Thank you. Looks like its not active anymore which is a shame.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Has anyone backed that? It actually looks like it might be a nice thing to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

This seems like as good as place to ask as any other but what are some further examples of good worldbuilding online?

I'm a big fan of the SCP and of Mystery Flesh Pit, but otherwise a complete newbie.