Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I think I've laid out why I disagree with the use of Magnus's ability D1, but to be clear since Juanito's now confirmed; if there is only one FUEL remaining, I will take it without waiting to see if Magnus uses his ability to add another, because that ensures I have the FUEL I crave. If Magnus confirms he won't use his ability, I'm taking a FUEL immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
DAY ONE

The sun was just rising over the urban skeleton that was Los Angeles and already the comm system was alive with chatter.

Before anyone had time to really let the news from the Resistance Leaders sink in, the enclave commanders had began their quorum in earnest...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Three FUEL. Magnus, what are you doing?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mikujin (1): xopods
Meinberg (1): Rarity

Not Voting (15): bowmore, Byers2142, CapnAndy, DGK2000, JakeP, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, Magnus Gallant, Meinberg, merk, Mikujin, Quidnose, QuoProQuid, tearshed, Token Female

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2014 at 10:30 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 3 days, 8 hours.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Three FUEL. Magnus, what are you doing?

I didnt add one

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I will agree that Magnus probably shouldn't use his ability on D1. There's too much of a risk of hitting town with the dayvig. As the game goes along and he starts getting more developed reads, then I'd be more okay with its usage.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I didnt add one

Yay!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I didnt add one

##forage

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I dont need fuel because I am not a terminator, I will just drink smoothies

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
##forage

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi guys

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

merk posted:

Hi guys

Hello merk. How are you?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I keep thinking QPQ posts are my posts.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##forage

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

QuoProQuid posted:

What if the person who receives the fuel lies, throwing suspicion onto the sender? What if there are abilities that block oil transactions? What if a player is unwilling to send oil because of an ability they have?
The vig is based on who forages for fuel, not who has fuel.

Which I only just realized. Whoops.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Couple of fuel-grabbing motherfuckers up in here after other people already had said they needed it :raise:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

##vote JakeP

Feels forced given the discussion around FUEL immediately before it.

tearshed posted:

He didn't add, so there's no vig today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Couple of fuel-grabbing motherfuckers up in here after other people already had said they needed it :raise:

Who other than me said they needed it?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

I don't mind giving fuel to someone else, I just wanted to grab some to keep it out of the hands of badguys.

Byers2142 posted:

Oh, sweet.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

##vote JakeP

Feels forced given the discussion around FUEL immediately before it.

excuse me you misunderstood, I said that I am not a terminator

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

excuse me you misunderstood, I said that I am not a terminator

And T-1000 said he was a cop. We all saw how that turned out...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

And T-1000 said he was a cop. We all saw how that turned out...

Yeah, he was beaten by the Governator and then lead a life of crime shown in the terrible Double Dragon movie.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

tearshed posted:

Nah, you misunderstand. Magnus's idea was to force scummy players to harvest the fuel and force them to send it. If someone did not receive their scheduled oil the following day, then the sendee could be quickly lynched. While this idea has some merit, it falls apart if there are redirectors involved or the receivee lies about the issue. The town gets sent on a wild goose chase.

JakeP posted:

"Obviously only scum would need to forage for fuel so I'm not going to do that and then draw attention to the issue so everyone thinks I'm pro-town."

##vote: JakeP

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

QuoProQuid posted:

Nah, you misunderstand. Magnus's idea was to force scummy players to harvest the fuel and force them to send it. If someone did not receive their scheduled oil the following day, then the sendee could be quickly lynched. While this idea has some merit, it falls apart if there are redirectors involved or the receivee lies about the issue. The town gets sent on a wild goose chase.
Oh I get you now. Force people to make good on their promise.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Meinberg is posting exactly the way he was in another game where I thought he was being scummy and overwritten and I was wrong -- am suspicious but admit it's null.

QuoProQuid posted:

JakeP posted:

"Obviously only scum would need to forage for fuel so I'm not going to do that and then draw attention to the issue so everyone thinks I'm pro-town."

QPQ how serious is this vote?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

If it's still possible to do so, someone who got FUEL should give me some. I will repay the favour, because this is polite Mafia!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Meinberg is posting exactly the way he was in another game where I thought he was being scummy and overwritten and I was wrong -- am suspicious but admit it's null.

[/quote]

About as serious as any vote can be less than a page after the official game start.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

Yes this is true

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

"Meinberg is posting suspicious except it's not except it is except it's not", are you kidding me?

##vote Khyros

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

bowmore posted:

I am happy that you are alive

:) Thank you. I've had a rough year.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I just finished an entire take out tray out Curry chicken from a chinese food joint. I feel like a fatass

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

It doesn't seem like a joke to me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote Byers You know who needs fuel? Terminators.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
FUEL

FUEL HAST

FUEL HAST MECH

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you are interpreting that joke as me wanting fuel, please don't give me fuel. I do not need/want fuel.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am claiming Vanilla Town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am now morphing into Beast, of X-Men fame. Here is a picture of me:

My role is Beast, and I am Beast-aligned. I win when all threats to Beast are eliminated. At night, I can Beast.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapnAndy posted:

"Meinberg is posting suspicious except it's not except it is except it's not", are you kidding me?

##vote Khyros

I like this vote. This is a good vote. ##vote Khyros

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Gimme fue
gimme fai
gimme dabajabaza