Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

LOS ANGELES. 2029 AD.

Humanity is on the brink of extinction, hunted by the robot minions of the artificial intelligence, Skynet.

Those willing and able to fight back against the robotic Hunter Killer drones form the Resistance: a para-military group made up of former military personal and civilians alike.

Aside from combating the Hunter Killers, the Resistance protect small enclaves of humans unable to fight. The enclaves communicate via scrambled transmission, however, Skynet has cracked the network codes and is broadcasting fake messages from phantom enclaves in order to deceive humanity into revealing the location of the enclaves.

The Resistance leaders cannot distinguish between the fake broadcasts of the Hunter Killer terminator drones from the genuine messages of the human bunkers. The leaders have decided to take drastic action and will choose an unconfirmed broadcast to airstrike each day. They believe that the pressure of imminent destruction will reveal who is human and who is a terminator drone.

You better be convincing: you are literally arguing for your life...

MAFIA RULES

1. This game is for 17 players.

2. Players take the role of members of the human resistance leading a human enclave using a scrambled communications net. However, not all the voices on the scrambled network are human.

3. Each Day, players vote for who the Resistance Airstrike will target. As soon as a majority vote agrees on one name, that player is killed and the truth of their allegiance will be revealed.

3.1 A Majority Vote is 1 plus the current number of living players rounded up. E.g. 1 + 17 players / 2 = 9.

4. The Humans win when all threats to Humanity are eliminated. Skynet wins when the humans cannot form a majority vote.

4.1 This is when the number of Resistance players left alive equals the number of terminator drones. E.g. 2 terminator drones yields a Skynet win when there are only 2 Resistance players left.

5. After the Day Phase, there is a Night Phase of actions. The Moderator will reveal any public results and begin the next Day Phase.

6. At the beginning of each Day Phase, the Moderator may indicate that there is FUEL to be claimed from the FIELD and how much.

6.1 Any player may claim 1 unit of FUEL by using the ##forage Day Action. They may then send a PM to the Moderator to name a player to receive the FUEL (this may be themselves).

6.2 FUEL is foraged on a first come, first serve basis and each player may only use the Day Action ONCE per day.

6.3 Players with FUEL may be able to utilise it. Any player with FUEL may give it to another player as a Night action.

QUEENSBURY RULES MAFIA

This game operates slightly different from regular Mafia. By taking part in this game, you agree to the following posting restrictions;

1. Absolutely No Hate-Speech: that means no slurs of any kind, be it racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. It will not be tolerated.

2. Be Respectful: sometimes discussion can become heated (largely because that's Mafia). It is ok to disagree with someone strongly but please try to remain courteous.

3. No Direct Attacks: no direct insults of a personal nature. E.g. calling someone's parentage into question, a person's physical appearance or dimensions, calling someone pathetic or a sad little man, things of that nature.

Anything pertaining to the game of Mafia is fair game: calling someone a liar in a game of lying is acceptable, as is calling them misguided or delusional and even calling someone bad at the game is ok.

Mafia is as much about getting an emotional reaction from someone as it is misleading them and judging fact from fiction. Just try to do it without being an rear end.

Failure to adhere to these posting rules will result in a Modkill and possible banning from future Queensbury Rules Mafia games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Player List

1. bowmore [Resistance-Aligned Human Vanilla] was terminated on Night 3.
  2. Byers2142 [Resistance-Aligned Human Gunsmith] was terminated on Night 2.
  3. CapnAndy
  4. DGK2000
  5. JakeP [Resistance-Aligned Human Vanilla] was terminated on Night 4.
  6. Juanito [Self-Aligned Human Thief] was killed by airstrike on Day 4.
  7. KhyrosFinalCut [Resistance-Aligned Human Mason Recruiter] killed by airstrike on Day 1.
  8. Magnus Gallant [Skynet-Aligned Dayvig Terminator Drone] was destroyed on Night 1.
  9. Meinberg replaced by Hal Incandenza
  10. merk replaced by Somberbrero
  11. Mikujin was modkilled on Day 3.
  12. Quidnose
  13. QuoProQuid [Resistance-Aligned Hammerer] was killed by airstrike on D2.
  14. Rarity
  15. tearshed
  16. Token Female [Skynet-Aligned Rolecop Terminator Drone] was destroyed by airstrike on D3.
  17. xopods

Replacements

Opopanax
Pander
WalrusWhiskers

kilran fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 8, 2014

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi, I'm a guy in this game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I am playing in this game.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Confirming

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How am I meant to get by if I can't call you all idiots? :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Confirming but I'm a little confused

what does "you are all the terminators, you have every power and win whenever you want" mean

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm confirmed.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Confirming

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hey Token Female is back! Hooray!

Confirmed as well~

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Holy heck what a player list.

Confirmed.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Confirmed that Terminator Salvation sucked.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Help! I've never seen Terminator and don't understand any of this flavor. Who is Skynet? Is Arnold Schwarzenegger in this game??

Confirmed, by the way.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

Help! I've never seen Terminator and don't understand any of this flavor. Who is Skynet? Is Arnold Schwarzenegger in this game??

Confirmed, by the way.

You've never seen terminator? :O

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Oh hey there buddy guy! Long time, no playing mafia together!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

QuoProQuid posted:

Help! I've never seen Terminator
This should be a modkill-worthy offense

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

This should be a modkill-worthy offense

Would it be awkward to CapnAndy CapnAndy?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Magnus Gallant posted:

I've never seen Terminator. I've never seen Star Wars. This sci-fi stuff is just really freaky.

From what I understand, there's robots and time travel involved. Also, there's nudity because your clothes can't travel through time or something. Arnold has to kill some dumb kid because he is the Antichrist.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I've never seen Terminator. I've never seen Star Wars. This sci-fi stuff is just really freaky.

From what I understand, there's robots and time travel involved. Also, there's nudity because your clothes can't travel through time or something. Arnold has to kill some dumb kid because he is the Antichrist.

Nope, that's pretty much it for Star Wars.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Oh hey there buddy guy! Long time, no playing mafia together!

Yeah it has been a while. How have you been buddy?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Would it be awkward to CapnAndy CapnAndy?
It's flattering!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yeah it has been a while. How have you been buddy?

Pretty good, yourself?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hello, friends. I look forward to enjoying a polite and civilized game of Mafia.

Oh, wait.

##vote Mikujin

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am happy that you are alive

also confirmed

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xopods posted:

Hello, friends. I look forward to enjoying a polite and civilized game of Mafia.

Oh, wait.

##vote Mikujin
He hasn't even confirmed yet so that is super mean

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is a hell of a player list, I feel like I might be out of my weight class.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

I've never seen Terminator either :\

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

bowmore posted:

This is a hell of a player list, I feel like I might be out of my weight class.

don't worry bowmore i am here we can flail together :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

don't worry bowmore i am here we can flail together :)
yay! :hfive:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quidnose posted:

I've never seen Terminator either :\

This game is going to get really confusing for the both of us.

The username thing doesn't help much either.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The music in Terminator 2 gave me nightmares as a kid.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
The colonel is in.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Don't worry guys, there's terrible Mafia players here too.

Like me.

Seriously, I'm like... totally the worst.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
confirmed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Don't worry guys, there's terrible Mafia players here too.

Like me.

Seriously, I'm like... totally the worst.

Don't worry Meinberg, I will save you.

No, hang on, I'm an rear end in a top hat.

##vote Meinberg

:v:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hello Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

Hello Rarity

Hello bowmore, you fine fellow. How are you today?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm ok, a bit tired. You?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

I'm ok, a bit tired. You?

I just woke up and the sun is shining, it's a beautiful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The weather has been so goooood

• Locked thread