Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

What I'm thinking is that each scum is a different type of HK-unit. Each gunsmith's weapon only protects against one type of unit.

That's possible, I guess.

Any chance someone wants to collate relevant claim information for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Ah, Juanito was the guy stealing all the fuel.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Hal Incandenza posted:

DGK have any of your 5 "confirmed" people flipped yet?

1. Hideki - Mikujin
2. Blair Williams - JakeP
3. Kyle Reese - Merk/Somber
4. Barnes- Bowmore

There is one more, but I'm not sure if it's a person or an alternate scum win condition.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

What I'm thinking is that each scum is a different type of HK-unit. Each gunsmith's weapon only protects against one type of unit.

This is probably correct. I didn't mention that detail at any point for obvious reasons, but now that it's out there. It may mean my bombs are actually useless now, as maybe Mags was the only one affected by them. Impossible to know, since the Scum have managed not to target anyone I've given BOMBs to so far, except for Bowmore who died before he could get them.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I have not been able to investigate due to not having fuel.

##vote CapnAndy pretty sure this is the right choice.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Does a 17 person game with a flipped third party make for a 3 or 4 man scum team?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xopods posted:

This is probably correct. I didn't mention that detail at any point for obvious reasons, but now that it's out there. It may mean my bombs are actually useless now, as maybe Mags was the only one affected by them. Impossible to know, since the Scum have managed not to target anyone I've given BOMBs to so far, except for Bowmore who died before he could get them.

Are you sure it was you Magnus targeted and not one of us other gunsmiths?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I might as well claim. I'm Kate Conner, resistance aligned cop. A small group of us have been hiding John Conner. Every person on my list has come up town, with the exception of Merk/Somber. There is now a strong possibility that I got a false positive, after dissecting my role PM and the results PM as well as what I've seen in the thread.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

That's possible, I guess.

Any chance someone wants to collate relevant claim information for me?

Here are the relevant facts:

(1) I claimed before anyone else so much as hinted at their role. Byers had said he needed fuel, but nothing beyond that.

(2) On D2, Byers asserted that he strongly believed my claim. He then died and flipped Town and Gunsmith.

(3) I was suspicious of Rarity until she started talking about land and air units, which confirmed my suspicion that the wording of my PM implied that my bombs were only effective against certain types of Scum. At that point I suddenly declared her Town and backed off.

Given the order these things happened in and the way the information came out, there's no way either my claim or Rarity's is totally invented. I suppose you could imagine that two Gunsmiths are real and one was a mod-provided Scum fakeclaim, or that Rarity and I are both Scum trying an insane gambit. But there is one more person that got my bombs and could confirm me... but in case there is still a Scum left against whom my bombs could work, it doesn't make sense to get that person to say so. I don't know if Rarity has distributed any bombs... that depends on whether she got any fuel.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Are you sure it was you Magnus targeted and not one of us other gunsmiths?

Yes, I got a PM from Kilran including the details of what went on... the D100 roll, etc. When I asked, he said that both parties in a bomb event get the same details, i.e. Mags would have received a similar PM (but was dead and couldn't tell his buddies) and, if Byers was killed by someone compatible with his bombs, they would have likewise gotten their results, which is why I felt comfortable revealing the probability aspect of the role on D3.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

tearshed posted:

Does a 17 person game with a flipped third party make for a 3 or 4 man scum team?

With three bomb distributors, I would have guessed at least 4, maybe 5. But there could also be multiple third parties... e.g. I'm not convinced that DGK is being straight with us.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

I have not been able to investigate due to not having fuel.

DGK2000 posted:

Every person on my list has come up town, with the exception of Merk/Somber.

I don't understand. Which nights have you had/not had fuel and who have you investigated?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

xopods posted:

I don't understand. Which nights have you had/not had fuel and who have you investigated?

N2 was the only night I have had fuel. Have you not paid attention to the flips?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

N2 was the only night I have had fuel. Have you not paid attention to the flips?

Yes, I have. But the way you stated things it wasn't clear that Sombermerk is the only person you've actually investigated. Tell me if I've got this straight now:

(1) Your role PM mentions five people, four of whom have died and flipped Town. The other one you think might be an alternate Scum win condition rather than a player.

(2) You also have a Cop investigation, which requires fuel. You had fuel on N2 only and investigated merk, who came up "Not Town." But your role PM and the results PM also contain some flavor that leads you to doubt this result, so you didn't claim it.

Anything I'm getting wrong or forgetting?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

xopods posted:

Yes, I have. But the way you stated things it wasn't clear that Sombermerk is the only person you've actually investigated. Tell me if I've got this straight now:

(1) Your role PM mentions five people, four of whom have died and flipped Town. The other one you think might be an alternate Scum win condition rather than a player.

(2) You also have a Cop investigation, which requires fuel. You had fuel on N2 only and investigated merk, who came up "Not Town." But your role PM and the results PM also contain some flavor that leads you to doubt this result, so you didn't claim it.

Anything I'm getting wrong or forgetting?

Mostly, I didn't doubt my result until the claim from Merk. In other news, I now have a PM that states I have received a fuel.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

DGK2000 posted:

False.

DGK2000 posted:

Also, someone stole fuel from me and someone else sent me one.

This was on D3, the Tokes lynch, after you announced your scum result on merk. You should have investigated someone on N3, so why didn't you?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I even asked about this yesterday, because I SPECIFICALLY remembering you mentioning during the merk debacle that you received fuel.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I even asked about this yesterday, because I SPECIFICALLY remembering you mentioning during the merk debacle that you received fuel.

Also, someone stole fuel from me and someone else sent me one. I guess I should have said I was sent a fuel and then it was stolen?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Also, someone stole fuel from me and someone else sent me one. I guess I should have said I was sent a fuel and then it was stolen?

To elaborate: I picked up a fuel during the day. I investigated Merk. A fuel was stolen. I was given a fuel.

The fuel I was given replaced the fuel that was stolen, allowing me to investigate. I had zero fuel left over.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You're a daycop?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DGK2000 posted:

To elaborate: I picked up a fuel during the day. I investigated Merk. A fuel was stolen. I was given a fuel.

The fuel I was given replaced the fuel that was stolen, allowing me to investigate. I had zero fuel left over.
You picked up a fuel, used it for an investigation and -- I'm assuming -- consumed the feul doing so, somebody stole a fuel which at this point you don't have, and then somebody gave you another fuel, which you didn't use for an investigation and presumably you still have it? Do I have that right?

You'd better tell me how I don't have that right, buddy.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

You picked up a fuel, used it for an investigation and -- I'm assuming -- consumed the feul doing so, somebody stole a fuel which at this point you don't have, and then somebody gave you another fuel, which you didn't use for an investigation and presumably you still have it? Do I have that right?

You'd better tell me how I don't have that right, buddy.

Ugh. The steal went a layer before the investigation, the gift of fuel went before the investigation.

Steal > Gift > Investigate. As in, my action would have failed had someone not given me fuel.

DGK2000 posted:

No, it's a night action and I think you're being willfully ignorant.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That still makes no sense.

DGK2000 posted:

You are claiming your order is:

1. Got fuel
2. Investigated merk.
3. Fuel was stolen.
4. Got fuel.
5. Then somehow action went through.

But this doesn't even matter because you just said it was not a day action, it was a night action.

And really, the events, as you presented them, were:

1. Got fuel, investigated Merk in the night, got scum result.
2. Report scum result.
3. Report that ALSO: I had a fuel stolen from me (presumably one you got beyond the one you foraged), then I got a new one. (Meaning you had another fuel to use BEYOND the merk result.)

How are we being willfully ignorant? Your claims are not lining up.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean you literally just said "I picked up fuel during the day and investigated Merk" followed by "I am a nightcop."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
DGK, which night did you receive fuel?

Whoever sent you the fuel should claim it now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

DGK, which night did you receive fuel?

Whoever sent you the fuel should claim it now.

This is unhelpful. Sending fuel is not an individual ability; everyone was able to do it. Any dead person could have sent fuel to DGK. I'm more interested in the specifics of his claim, because he is playing both sides. He is currently claiming to have investigated merk as both a day and a night action. That's what's not flying with me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote DGK

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Quidnose posted:

This is unhelpful. Sending fuel is not an individual ability; everyone was able to do it. Any dead person could have sent fuel to DGK. I'm more interested in the specifics of his claim, because he is playing both sides. He is currently claiming to have investigated merk as both a day and a night action. That's what's not flying with me.

I'm not loving claiming it as a day action. Show me explicitly where I claimed it as a day action, rather than you not having reading comprehension.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

DGK2000 posted:

There.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

FYI, there was this thing where you could forage for fuel. At the start of a day. Which I did. Which powered my night action. Or would have, except the series of events I already listed happened.

That was clearly not me explicitly saying I have a day action. You're wildly misrepresenting things to make your case.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DGK2000 posted:

Ugh. The steal went a layer before the investigation, the gift of fuel went before the investigation.

Steal > Gift > Investigate. As in, my action would have failed had someone not given me fuel.
This makes sense, thank you.

Quid, the "during the day" there clearly only applies to the foraging for fuel, come on now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guess the gunsmith thing doesn't really matter. I'm still having trouble with xopods actual content.

Here are some of the posts I'm having trouble reconciling:

xopods posted:

Mags isn't stupid, though. I can't imagine him going balls to the wall defending a scumbro like that without considering how it's going to look if one of them flips eventually. It's conceivable that, given the relatively experienced field this game, he would do it as a double-bluff, expecting everyone to make this exact argument I'm making... conceivable, but just barely.

It seems much more likely that he saw me case a Townie and, knowing that I can be aggressive in trying to get the lynch I want, figured that defending QPQ and attacking me would be an easy way to ensure that he'd have a plausible "opinion" to reiterate through the early going. I definitely got the vibe at a certain point D1 that the Scum were hoping QPQ would get lynched and I'd take the blame for it... unfortunately, I thought I was getting that vibe from KFC. Mags' forthrightness with his claim and the aggressiveness with which he came after me made me think he was Town at the time.

xopods posted:

I'd rather lynch one of the other people I mentioned, but I really need to sleep.

##vote QPQ

My advice to those who don't want to lynch him is to take a good look at Tokes and CapnAndy and see if you get the same vibe I do from them.

That's a bizarre shift, I've skimmed the thread a couple times now along with thorough rereads of xopod's post history so I hope I'm not reiterating an old point, but why this vote? I don't like the former post too because I feel like it's a big mess of wifom doubletalk that doesn't actually say anything relevant at all.

Forgive the next bit since I'm more or less quoting xopod's entire post history.

xopods posted:

I could see CapnAndy being CapnScummy

xopods posted:

##vote DGK

xopods posted:

I'd vote QPQ. I don't want to lynch him just to test the voice, but I thought he was Scum D1 and the only thing that's changed that is the assumption that Mags wouldn't have defended him quite so hard. But that's not necessarily a correct assumption.

I'd also vote Token Female or CapnAndy.

First relevant mention of TF.

xopods posted:

I'd rather lynch one of the other people I mentioned, but I really need to sleep.

##vote QPQ

My advice to those who don't want to lynch him is to take a good look at Tokes and CapnAndy and see if you get the same vibe I do from them.

xopods posted:

Yesterday you wanted to auto-lynch QPQ to "test" the voice. Today you want to just ignore the weird role/mechanic-related info?

##vote CapnAndy

These two posts put together in particular are weird.

xopods posted:

Any way we can lynch CapnAndy, Juanito AND Token Female today?

xopods posted:

Thing about Token is that I get the sense right now that she and CapnAndy are not scum together. It doesn't seem like bussing. I think they're both experienced enough that they could pull off a mutual bus convincingly, but neither seems engaged enough in the game to go to that effort right now.

So I get individual scum feels from both of them, but that conflicts with the sense that they're of opposite alignment. And right now CapnAndy seems worse to me.

xopods posted:

I would be happy lynching tearshed or maybe Mikujin. Tearshed's better though, because Miku is probably telling the truth about forgetting he was playing, and probably wouldn't forget if he were Scum, but both of those assumptions are tenuous.

In all these posts, Token never feels like xopods top pick, or even really close to being his top pick. Yet when the pressure mounts, xopods hedges his bets and puts down a vote on Token that it doesn't seem like he believes in. I take a similar approach when I'm playing scum, if I cast a wide enough net when I'm scumhunting, I can move my vote with impunity.

xopods posted:

CapnAndy's whining reads as sincere.

##vote Token

Halberg is probably Scum too, despite my defence of Meincandenza D1.

Xopods has been doing some town posting this game and he's definitely been engaged, but I don't buy his vote on Token.

I could absolutely be wrong. It could be xopods was just working to avoid a no-lynch, or that the context is missing from these quotes, but despite that, I can't shake my gut feeling that he's just playing his heart out as scum.

##vote xopods

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I guess the gunsmith thing doesn't really matter. I'm still having trouble with xopods actual content.

Dude, xopods is town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Dude, xopods is town.

I feel like he's actually just scum playing really really well. I missed whether we definitively 100% for sure know that he was the one who killed Magnus.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

This is a damning case.

##vote xopods

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I feel like he's actually just scum playing really really well. I missed whether we definitively 100% for sure know that he was the one who killed Magnus.

He claimed gunsmith first and he knew exactly how the PGO mechanics worked and scum killing another scum on N1 is the most stupid gambit ever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapnAndy posted:

This is a damning case.

##vote xopods

Oh my God I'm surrounded by [CENSORED].

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Agh, right, he took credit for killing Magnus.

##unvote

It's still a damning case, but now I want to think more about it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I don't love that Byers isn't alive to tell us if he could have possibly killed Magnus, I'm gonna go see how Byers reacted to xopod's claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

He claimed gunsmith first and he knew exactly how the PGO mechanics worked and scum killing another scum on N1 is the most stupid gambit ever.

My point is, how do we know that he killed Magnus for certain?

Knowing how what seems to be a central mechanic of the game works doesn't really seem too odd. Kilran would be remiss to not give scum some insight into how it works when there's three gunsmiths in this game.

• Locked thread