Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Holy heck what a player list.

Confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I keep thinking QPQ posts are my posts.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##forage

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

QuoProQuid posted:

What if the person who receives the fuel lies, throwing suspicion onto the sender? What if there are abilities that block oil transactions? What if a player is unwilling to send oil because of an ability they have?
The vig is based on who forages for fuel, not who has fuel.

Which I only just realized. Whoops.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

Couple of fuel-grabbing motherfuckers up in here after other people already had said they needed it :raise:
I don't mind giving fuel to someone else, I just wanted to grab some to keep it out of the hands of badguys.

Byers2142 posted:

He didn't add, so there's no vig today.
Oh, sweet.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

QuoProQuid posted:

Nah, you misunderstand. Magnus's idea was to force scummy players to harvest the fuel and force them to send it. If someone did not receive their scheduled oil the following day, then the sendee could be quickly lynched. While this idea has some merit, it falls apart if there are redirectors involved or the receivee lies about the issue. The town gets sent on a wild goose chase.
Oh I get you now. Force people to make good on their promise.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hello thread.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote Juanito

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
What the hell sorta reaction is that merk? DGK could be paranoid or insane, instead you just threw your hands in the air and gave up.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

I hate the Conventional Wisdom. I got run out of mafia in general for literally years after a game where people were so exceedingly cruel to me on a personal level that I'm honestly still mad about it because I wasn't beep-booping along like a good little drone.
Wow, that's terrible. Was mafia really that autistic back then?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

I'm posting all the time and trying my very best in a game I really am not doing very well at reading, what the loving hell do I have to do to be "engaged in the game" :cry:
I think engaged means having a back n forth with another player, it shows you talk about the game consistently... or something?

I don't know what xopods is talking about you are plenty active.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

xopods posted:

Not paying attention to who said what. Probably scum.
I'm trying to be encouraging here :shobon:

But I see what you mean.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Sorry kilran, and all other mods that I'm games in right now. I recently went from 3 years unemployed to full time and it's difficult adjusting.

I am excited to play this game, just usually the first few days are rather boring for me. I get much more excited closer to endgame.

I don't think the rules have had anything to do with the lurkiness, I completely forgot they were a part of this game.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

Actually, hey! I have a good idea!

DGK, why don't you investigate me tonight? I don't have any fancy flavor and you don't have to worry about my power, it only affects scum. You're not scum, right :)
Trying to organize night actions is just asking for trouble. This seems to be a weird game.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Quidnose posted:

I'm actually liking this line of reasoning. ##unvote

Currently suspicious of tearshed and Rarity for immediately deciding this was a bad course of action.
I don't remember anything about the roles you guys have, I was making reference to roleblockers and stuff like that.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I'm here but my head isnt in the game and also at work so hard to catch up.

My impressions so far is that captn comes across as more town than tokes. I don't wanna end the day short tho. I'll check back on my next break before deadline.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Wait, I thought we got 3 fuel at the start of every day?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Rarity posted:

Some jerk stole my fuel :saddowns:
This happened to me on N1.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
3.5 hours to deadline. Jake's in this game?

Hm. 10 alive...assuming nolynch, 1 death tonight, that's 9 for tomorrow. We are still in a strong position.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote JakeP

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Quidnose posted:

OK, we have no final votecount for D1, but after this point:
Oh yeah I saved the D1 votecount if you want it, I forgot about that.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Votecount for Day 1

KhyrosFinalCut (9): CapnAndy, merk, merk, merk, merk, xopods, Byers2142, Rarity, Byers2142, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, bowmore, merk, Magnus Gallant, Meinberg, Byers2142, Mikujin
Meinberg (3): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Byers2142, Magnus Gallant, merk, Rarity, Byers2142, Magnus Gallant, Byers2142, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, CapnAndy, DGK2000, CapnAndy, merk, Magnus Gallant, Byers2142
xopods (2): QuoProQuid, Magnus Gallant, Quidnose, KhyrosFinalCut, Magnus Gallant, KhyrosFinalCut
CapnAndy (1): JakeP, Rarity, Rarity
bowmore (1): Token Female
merk (0): JakeP, JakeP, KhyrosFinalCut, DGK2000, KhyrosFinalCut, DGK2000
JakeP (0): Byers2142, QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid, Byers2142
Mikujin (0): xopods, xopods
Magnus Gallant (0): Mikujin, Mikujin
Byers2142 (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
QuoProQuid (0): KhyrosFinalCut, xopods, KhyrosFinalCut, Quidnose, xopods, Quidnose

Not Voting (1): tearshed

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Quidnose posted:

You didn't vote D1, but you saved the D1 votecount?

Would vote Tearshed for this.
Protip, I wasn't here for deadline and night 1 was like 48 hours long or something. There was plenty of time to copy/paste down the votefinder from the website before the day opened, which is what I did.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

Remember when I completely changed the subject when a bunch of flavor bullshit was going on and went after tokes when nobody else would and even though it got me attacked and called scum I stuck to it, and convinced everyone, and she was scum, that is not a bus, she hadn't done anything suspicious besides lurk and there's half a dozen lurkers, if we were scumbuddies I could have just as easily picked a townie?

Does anyone remember that? Because seriously I have contributed to the town and I have found scum and I don't know what I have to do to prove myself to you people

i'm gonna go cry in the corner nobody loves me
I think you are an alright guy Capndude.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote Juanito

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Ah, Juanito was the guy stealing all the fuel.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Does a 17 person game with a flipped third party make for a 3 or 4 man scum team?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I'll hammer myself if nobody else is around at deadline.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Not a fan of any mechanics/roles that feature a diceroll. Takes the power out of the players hands and turns it into luck.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

kilran posted:

Well I kinda feel you. You'll note the scum had no such die roll, which is important. But I think too much emphasis is placed on night actions anyway. Town's greatest strength is that they are telling the truth and have to separate the lies from what appear to be lies. Scum are more reliant on night actions.

Plus you'll note that the 3 critical rolls killed scum 75% of a percentile. But I get what you are saying. Maybe less randomness and more 'false positives' are in order.
Eh, I had the "33% to kill an airborne player that visits me" dice roll. Coulda changed it to 100% roleblock or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

bowmore posted:

It wasn't the night actions that lost you guys the game
Nobody is saying that dude. I was just critiquing the setup.

• Locked thread