Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

This is the reason I'm hesitating. Usually the point of a broadcaster role is that there are ways for that person to get another's results out-of-thread (e.g. via a Masonry) and report them anonymously via broadcast to avoid outing the power role. But the thing is, we lynched a Mason recruiter D1, so the only way the broadcaster's info is useful is if the broadcaster is also himself an investigative role, which seems unlikely and overpowered.

That said, based on my own power, KFC's claim that his recruitment was alignment-confirmed, Byers' hints about his power, etc., it seems likely to me that this is a high-powered game. So it's not out of the question that the broadcaster does have info.

I'm still mulling it over. I don't have a lot of time on the weekend to read or post though.

Anecdotal, but every broadcaster role I have ever seen was just saying random poo poo and I have never actually seen them actually broadcast real investigation results or anything.

Rarity, if you were super suspicious of Meinberg why would you not carry the vote over to me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

I thought it was kinda lovely to vote for a guy who just replaced in before he'd said more than 'Hi'.

Was your case on Meinberg anything more than Magnus possibly bussing him?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

heh.

ya same

Why were you voting Meinberg yesterday?

Why have you had so little to say this game?

Why haven't you poster more James Hetfield pics?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Hal, what do you think of the case on QPQ?

Well reading over QPQ I don't get a scummy feeling at all. I'm certainly not inclined to put much stock in a random message either. I think there are probably better targets out there. Not sure who yet, but I'm sure they are there.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Are you being serious here?

Why, do you have issue with some of that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

If you focus on one point in the case, please focus on this one. I've not fully read d1 yet with context and the like and haven't seen this element. This could be compelling.

Magnus isn't really the type to defend scumbros in my experience.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Token Female posted:

I'm not going to be able to post tonight. I'll be here all day tomorrow though.

But... you just posted!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes Miku, come home

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I think that Xopods is probably town since Magnus was pushing for him really hard. I suppose it could be a bus but I won't make a decision on that until I see some more flips.

Did the fact that xopods claimed to have killed Magnus affect your decision at all?

To me this reads like you are making this point because you remember Magnus your scumbro was pushing xopods and you haven't even really been reading the thread today because it would be hard to miss xopods' repeated talks about his power and not factor that into anything you said about him.

This and your bad posts about QPQ make me feel good about ##vote Quidnose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I suggest everyone read magnus' post history.

As soon as QPQ draws votes, magnus leaps to the defense no less than six times before suddenly backing off with "Hmmm... I need to meditate on this".

Then he has a "strong scum read" on Meinberg and then it's back to defending QPQ three more times, and then he flails around, in retrospect, casting a lot of doubt and muddying the waters as deadline approached.

The two takeaways I got are that magnus was incredibly defensive of QPQ and badly wanted meinberg lynched.

I'm not gonna re-vote QPQ yet, but it's a very damning read, I think.

I can see how you could look at it this way, but to me it doesn't seem like he was super into defending QPQ so much as he defended him once early then just decided to just ride with it rather than look like he flipped on QPQ for no good reason. I don't know, I just don't see QPQ's posting as all that scummy, but maybe I need to look back on D1 and see what people were saying. I wasn't around for that when it happened and no one is really giving reasons for voting thim today that aren't "mystery voice" and/or based on Magnus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just got to lovely Spokane, WA and if deadline is near I will vote literally anyone. No judgments here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I'm not really feeling anyone but QPQ tbh.

Still waiting on Hal!

You are waiting on me to tell you what I already said? Your case on QPQ today was weak. "Hey I didn't like his defense of himself and then he stopped posting" is about the most generic thing you can say.

Elaborate for me on why you think QPQ's posting yesterday was scummy please.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

I need to cash out tonight as well. 2 hours, and QPQ is -3. Please don't no lynch, yeah?

I will switch to QPQ to help avoid that, but I'm exploring other options now whilst I order my dinner.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

what are you ordering? this is important

Ended up with PF Chang's, nothing spectacular I am afraid.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK Quid, I feel better about you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Then why are you still voting me

Because I haven't decided where to put my vote yet. Relax, enjoy the fact that someone still cares enough to vote you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote QPQ I suppose. I wish I had something better, only other person who jumps off the page for me is Token Female, but there isn't a whole lot to go on with her.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote merk I believe in DGK

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods can you confirm any of this?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

That there are 5 important people in this game who are town.

So basically you are claiming you can clear 5 people as town simply by flavor? That seems unusually powerful.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Scum is lurking to victory, be proud, guys.

Is it CapnAndy? Or Tokes?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I'm posting all the time and trying my very best in a game I really am not doing very well at reading, what the loving hell do I have to do to be "engaged in the game" :cry:

Read better?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

CapnAndy's whining reads as sincere.

##vote Token

Halberg is probably Scum too, despite my defence of Meincandenza D1.

This is how you treat me after everything I did for you?

Anyway, at least Andy is trying. ##vote Token Female

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

thank god for your ethics. I also did not talk at all on D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

This game is the slowest, wettest, softest (yet still present) fart. I don't even get it.

It's only because kilran won't let us use personal attacks on each other. People don't know what to do when they have to be civil.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey kilran I didn't mean anything by it, I was just messing around.

After thinking about a few things, I think I would rather ##vote CaptAndy I think this is the best choice.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk don't go, we can solve this.

CaptAndy, I have reason to be suspicious of your (very vague) claim. Are you saying it BAD for town to visit you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

No! Everyone should visit me! Especially scum :getin:

Seriously though, it's not bad for town to visit me. Nothing bad will happen to them.

Is there a reason I might not have been able to find you last night?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

bowmore posted:

More than likely I won't be here for deadline as it's 2 in the arvo for me and I'll be driving or working at that time.

Do you think tokes would be this withdrawn from the game as town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wish tokes would come back before deadline but that seems pretty unlikely at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Token Female posted:

I've been busy. Probably too busy to play.

I can understand that. Do you think Andy is scummy? Anyone besides Juanito?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The problem with token is that she posted so dang little, there's not much to go on. She sure didn't like Juanito or me, so that's... something? Eh.

No, not really. Who knows if she was just trying to distance or bus or WHAT.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

This is starting to look like a town-on-town slapfight. I think we should still lynch tearshed but keep an eye on Juanito.

Rrrgh... not a big fan of this post, but I don't think it is super likely that xopods is a bad guy. Xop, have you been using your power still?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Why don't you want to lynch tearshed?

tearshed is a hollow vessel who has barely made any comments on the game so far. I can't believe how little he has said considering it is D4. Would probably vote. His sort of light read on tokes seems a little bussy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid, should I vote Juanito?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would be ok with ##vote Juanito

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK also had that weird claim where he said he could clear 5 people as town from flavor.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK have any of your 5 "confirmed" people flipped yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

It doesn't, because I don't think her claim is real. Read this:

Emphasis mine. She made zero attempt to claim prior, even a hint. We have 2 gunsmiths, one for air and one for land/not air. Where would the third fit in? It wouldn't. We have far too many power role claims and flips. I think she's full of poo poo.

Yeah, I sort of agree with this assessment.

Are there town units that are air units, or is land/air seemingly just a scum designation?

• Locked thread