Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my vote?

meet the total badass Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos!

how did he get so cool?

Child-murderer, torture-killer, and rapist known as "La Bestia" ("The Beast"). Confessed to killing 140 children over a 5-year period in Colombia. He is suspected of murdering over 400 victims, mostly street children.

the best part of all? due to good behavior, he could probably apply for early release within three years!

rock on, Beast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
That guys a real piece of work if you ask me

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
The Zodiac killer. Never got caught, hosed with the police, even wore a supervillain costume. What more could you ask for?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MantisToboggan posted:

The Zodiac killer. Never got caught, hosed with the police, even wore a supervillain costume. What more could you ask for?

he was actually not cool, barely raped or killed anyone. The more obscure South American serial killers who escaped prison in a boat only to wash up in another country to rape and kill 60 more children are Ftw

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

he was actually not cool, barely raped or killed anyone. The more obscure South American serial killers who escaped prison in a boat only to wash up in another country to rape and kill 60 more children are Ftw

I was hoping this was gonna be a cool true crime thread but no you're just sick.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MantisToboggan posted:

Came to post this.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
BTK was a cool dude, even got a cool serial killer name.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
George Bush is a cool dude. Killed peeps, accomplished his mission, made some cryptic painting to taunt his victims.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Me, if you know what I'm sayin'.

yeah.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was gonna ironically post Elliot Rodger, but I think he only counts as a mass murderer, gently caress.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Plus there was absolutely nothing cool about him. He made mass murders lame.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Too-cool-for-school J. Dahmer got police to release one of his drugged up, bleeding-out-the-anus victims back to him on the street.

:cool:

ironwill
Mar 21, 2009

Volume posted:

I was hoping this was gonna be a cool true crime thread but no you're just sick.

Well they don't call him WORST FORUMS GUY for nothing.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ted Bundy Escaped Twice, once out a window, like a badass

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pedro Lopez has a great story

by 1978, he had killed over 100 of them and that he had been caught by a native tribe, who were preparing to execute him, when an American missionary intervened and persuaded them to hand him over to the state police. The police soon released him. He said he moved to Colombia and later Ecuador, killing about three girls a week

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Peter Sutcliffe

YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
HH Holmes. Built his own personal MURDAH castle. Plus, bonus, he liked to ride those big wheeled gay-assed bikes around Chicago and be all "Hello, LADIES..." Comical, but still homicidal. He was all I Gotta Be Me.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

it's me. i'm going to kill you op

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Peter Sutcliffe

YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE

if you're so clever, then why are you on your own tonight?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Hey dummies, it's Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker.

Go ahead and close this thread. I don't want to hear another argument about it.

:colbert:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Hey dummies, it's Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker.

Go ahead and close this thread. I don't want to hear another argument about it.

:colbert:

Nah, he barely killed anyone

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
13 people would beg to differ

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ummm, "barely".

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Let them speak for themselves.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Son of Sam didn't get the body count up but the fact that he hallucinated that he was in an episode of Davey and Goliath gives him bonus points.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bip Roberts posted:

Son of Sam didn't get the body count up but the fact that he hallucinated that he was in an episode of Davey and Goliath gives him bonus points.

He most likely didn't even do half the murders attributed to him

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
We live in a terrible time to be serial killers (if we wanted to) sadly

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
BTK was foiled by a floppy disk. lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vastarien posted:

BTK was foiled by a floppy disk. lol

Got a link?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

From Wikipedia:

"The police corresponded with the BTK Killer (Rader) in an effort to gain his confidence. Then, in one of his communications with police, Rader asked them if it was possible to trace information from floppy disks. The police department replied that there was no way of knowing on what computer such a disk had been used, which was in fact not true. The BTK killer's last known communication with the media and police was a padded envelope that arrived at FOX affiliate KSAS-TV in Wichita on February 16, 2005. A blue 1.44-MB Memorex floppy disk was enclosed in the package. Also enclosed were a letter, a photocopy of the cover of a 1989 novel about a serial killer (Rules of Prey), and a gold-colored necklace with a large medallion. Police found metadata embedded in a deleted Microsoft Word document that was, unbeknownst to Rader, on the disk. The metadata contained "Christ Lutheran Church", and the document was marked as last modified by "Dennis". A search of the church web site turned up Dennis Rader as being president of the congregation council. Police began surveillance on Rader."

Truly a criminal mastermind.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
BTK also always made me think of the Burger King xbox game.

Bip Roberts has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Sep 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vastarien posted:

From Wikipedia:

"The police corresponded with the BTK Killer (Rader) in an effort to gain his confidence. Then, in one of his communications with police, Rader asked them if it was possible to trace information from floppy disks. The police department replied that there was no way of knowing on what computer such a disk had been used, which was in fact not true. The BTK killer's last known communication with the media and police was a padded envelope that arrived at FOX affiliate KSAS-TV in Wichita on February 16, 2005. A blue 1.44-MB Memorex floppy disk was enclosed in the package. Also enclosed were a letter, a photocopy of the cover of a 1989 novel about a serial killer (Rules of Prey), and a gold-colored necklace with a large medallion. Police found metadata embedded in a deleted Microsoft Word document that was, unbeknownst to Rader, on the disk. The metadata contained "Christ Lutheran Church", and the document was marked as last modified by "Dennis". A search of the church web site turned up Dennis Rader as being president of the congregation council. Police began surveillance on Rader."

BASIC bitch

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
if by cool we mean coldest/most hosed up, Dr. Michael Swango is your man.

quote:

"I love being a doctor because it gives me an opportunity to come out of the emergency room with a hard-on to tell some parents that their kid has just died."

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Vastarien posted:

From Wikipedia:

loving idiot.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SylvainMustach posted:

if by cool we mean coldest/most hosed up, Dr. Michael Swango is your man.

Sounds badass, got a link?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Serial killers aren't cool. They're killers, and therefore assholes.

That being said, here are the two coolest:

1) The Servant Girl Annihilator. Reason for being cool - He was called The Servant Girl Annihilator and that's a cool name.
2) The Axeman of New Orleans. Reason for being cool - After killing about 8 people (with an axe, natch) he wrote a letter to the local newspapers in which he stated

The Axeman of New Orleans posted:

Now, to be exact, at 12:15 (earthly time) on next Tuesday night, I am going to pass over New Orleans. In my infinite mercy, I am going to make a little proposition to you people. Here it is:

I am very fond of jazz music, and I swear by all the devils in the nether regions that every person shall be spared in whose home a jazz band is in full swing at the time I have just mentioned. If everyone has a jazz band going, well, then, so much the better for you people. One thing is certain and that is that some of your people who do not jazz it on Tuesday night (if there be any) will get the axe.

Well, as I am cold and crave the warmth of my native Tartarus, and it is about time I leave your earthly home, I will cease my discourse. Hoping that thou wilt publish this, that it may go well with thee, I have been, am and will be the worst spirit that ever existed either in fact or realm of fancy.

The Axeman

That night all of New Orleans's dance halls were filled to capacity, and professional and amateur bands played jazz at parties at hundreds of houses around town. There were no murders that night.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Sounds badass, got a link?

uh
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/swango/index_1.html
The quote's from the fourth page of that article.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Vastarien posted:

From Wikipedia:

His parishioners should have known something was amiss when he wouldnt shut the gently caress up about Abraham and Isaac every sermon without chubbing up.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Rodney Alcala will always get a special place in the Serial Killer hall of fame for me because he went on The Dating Game in between his murdering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Andrei Chikatilo

• Locked thread