Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Was the main plot for the seventh episode a variation on "I know what you did last Summer" ? It was either that or another "thriller" of that sort that I watched 10 or so years ago. (lol no, it was like twenty years ago, and now I'm old).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Even though the latest episode pushed the main arc considerably forward (despite the convoluted plot and the story acrobatics that lead to the protagonist killing some random psycho) I can't help but wonder if this show aspires to be something unique and special.

Because so far it has zero or only few things going for it (I can only think of the relationship with his "son" and the occasionally reversed roles due to his... condition). The other stuff I have already seen before. I mean nothing stands out.

The secret that noone must know, because reasons. The multiple cop-outs until some people eventually find out (and probably one of them is the female interest). The killer of the week format with maybe a minor push of the main arc in the last 5 minutes. The main antagonist psychopath who remains hidden and slips away at the last moment (also revealing who he is so that the story progresses a few steps). The flashbacks whereby the immortal learns valuable life lessons or gets tortured (even dissected alive -elsewhere) etc.

If the creators have any (more) aces up their sleeves, perhaps they should play them quickly.

• Locked thread