Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

~*~ MINUTE QUEST ~*~

Come play this dumb game!
:roboluv:On the Play Store :roboluv:
:pranke:Also for iOS I guess?:pranke:

:siren:A Googledoc Spreadsheet with a bunch of info:siren:
:reddit:There's a subreddit to steal info from:reddit:

So what is it?

MinuteQuest is a retro-styled, one-finger, time-killing RPG!
A 2D field where the only choice is to advance or die!
Kill fearsome enemies, crush immense bosses, level up, acquire riches, and collect ridiculous equipment whilst gradually advancing along the world towards your goal!
If you've got a bit of pesky time to kill, why not try it out?
Kill slime, kill time!

Gimmie the pro strats!
  • You attack as fast as you tap. MACHHIT and SUPERMACH only speed up the autoattack from holding your finger down.
  • FURY weapons scale off the level of the weapon and not the power. So a ★9 weapon with FURY 9 will do more damage than a ★2 weapon with FURY 24.
  • Pets drop randomly from mobs, so to get a specific pet grind out that mob!
  • Toilet Castles "Propose" will select pets to suggest for you. The usefulness of this button is questionable
  • You can swap out all equipment at Rest Houses and Toilet Castles, but only your weapon at Weapon Shops and only armor at Armor Shops
  • Weapon/Armor/Pet combos are the focus of mid to late game strategies.
  • ZOMBLE (with an L) is a pet that grants DEATHMARCH to most combos, which moves you automatically without having to tap.
  • Outside the starting castle, sometimes a treasure chest will appear with a Full Heal or a Revive.
  • Check back at the starting castle from time to time. An option "Treasure" will be a levelled dungeon with a guaranteed chest at the end. (Contents not guaranteed to be useful)

:siren:Shwqa answers some important questions like three posts down so go read those:siren:

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Played this before and went up to the 4000s until my phone took a poo poo and died. Looking forward to starting this over again on my tab.

CANNABIS GET

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'm sitting at level 936 with a max distance of 17.2km at the moment. The brutal enemies that show up around 16km are tearing me up and it's kind of a pain to get back when I die.

Has anyone gotten chests in the Tunnel? I've been skipping using it because as far as I've experienced, chests never drop there and I don't want to miss out on getting pets I don't have yet.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome! Lets answers some common questions.

How viable is a Int build?

Int damage scales with the level of the weapon, not its power. So your stuck with fire rod being the highest damage you can do all game. And it caps a 1.9*int damage. A str build is doing the same damage with a 9 power weapon. So it is not really viable.

How viable is a luck build?

Chance damage does anywhere from 1 damage to your max luck damage. That means it averages out to luck/2. That is worse than an Int build.

How viable is a vit build?

It is possible. Vit raises your hp and defense so with enough you can survive anything. However there are problems with this build. Vit does not raise accuracy like speed does so you will still need a lot of speed to be able to hit things. Vit also doesn't protect from magic damage, so you will need a lot of Int. Int does raise accuracy by int/2 so that does help the build. Overall it just quicker and easier to pump speed and dodge most hits, never miss, and have some vit to survive a hit or two.

How viable is a speed build?

Speed is king in this game. Very quickly bosses will be able to one shot you quite easily. Around the 15km+ mark you will start finding enemies with a skull next to their name. These enemies deal 2k+ damage a hit. Being able to dodge hits becomes the best way to survive. Speed also raises accuracy with a 1:1 ratio. You will need more than 10,000 accuracy to be able to hit the last boss. Put some stats into power to be able to kill quickly and luck to get treasure, but speed should be your primary stat.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 16, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

I'm sitting at level 936 with a max distance of 17.2km at the moment. The brutal enemies that show up around 16km are tearing me up and it's kind of a pain to get back when I die.

Has anyone gotten chests in the Tunnel? I've been skipping using it because as far as I've experienced, chests never drop there and I don't want to miss out on getting pets I don't have yet.

I'm at level 1353 with a max distance of 18.1km. Yeah those enemies with a skull near their name are mean. I might put some stats in int just to survive enemies with magic damage,

And I have gotten chest in the tunnel but not during training.

Edit: I almost beat the my current boss dumbo. There is literally no more of his health left, just one more hit would have killed him :negative:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 16, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Awesome! Lets answers some common questions.

Good stuff, but I've got another one for you!

How viable is a spd build?

I'm starting to think that this might be the "true path," Getting 3x SPDUP30's from the CLEAVER/INCLOAK/SIRSLIME seems to be pretty awesome. The downside for me right now is that I have a POW of 200 so it takes a million clicks to kill anything, so I'm levelling with a one-hit-kill setup in the sub 16km regions.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Good stuff, but I've got another one for you!

How viable is a spd build?

I'm starting to think that this might be the "true path," Getting 3x SPDUP30's from the CLEAVER/INCLOAK/SIRSLIME seems to be pretty awesome. The downside for me right now is that I have a POW of 200 so it takes a million clicks to kill anything, so I'm levelling with a one-hit-kill setup in the sub 16km regions.

Yeah a speed/ power build is the best build with some luck in there. I'm doing scissors/ incloak / berseker for arm twister (power adds to evade), spdup30, no guard (lower defense to 0 but doubles your damage). With 1.5k power I'm currently dealing 14k damage a hit.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Potsticker posted:

Just nabbed a slime in one, so yes. The training halls however don't give squat.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Thanks both of you on my Tunnel question!

Shwqa posted:

Yeah a speed/ power build is the best build with some luck in there. I'm doing scissors/ incloak / berseker for arm twister (power adds to evade), spdup30, no guard (lower defense to 0 but doubles your damage). With 1.5k power I'm currently dealing 14k damage a hit.

I wonder if I can just continue pumping SPD, then (Current: 1400) because doing 14k damage isn't an issue right now even with my INT build, it's surviving taking a hit. Though, getting a SPDUP30 to play nice with my ELEMUP30 and SPELL will be the real challenge.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Thanks both of you on my Tunnel question!

I wonder if I can just continue pumping SPD, then (Current: 1400) because doing 14k damage isn't an issue right now even with my INT build, it's surviving taking a hit. Though, getting a SPDUP30 to play nice with my ELEMUP30 and SPELL will be the real challenge.

I got 1.5k pow and 3.5k speed. And what is your int to deal 14k each hit?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

I got 1.5k pow and 3.5k speed. And what is your int to deal 14k each hit?

1.6k INT with a ★9 weapon and SPELL, so it's not every hit, but not much I run into survives past that. Even the Brutal enemies only get one attack in on me, but two of those are all it takes to rob me of my 3k hp.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm at level 1800ish now, max distance currently showing 18.1 and my pow is at 3000ish and spd at 4000ish. Although I haven't really tried to make a useful build lately, I've just been leaving my deathmarch/golddigger combo on and respawning myself at the start every time I die and gathering enough gold to buy out all the weapons and armor in the latest shops. Then I just switch to the exp farmer/deathmarch build and autorun through the training tunnels until I get leveled up enough to move over another few screens. One the one hand, I keep advancing. On the other hand, I'm not exactly playing the game any more.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'm at level 1800ish now, max distance currently showing 18.1 and my pow is at 3000ish and spd at 4000ish. Although I haven't really tried to make a useful build lately, I've just been leaving my deathmarch/golddigger combo on and respawning myself at the start every time I die and gathering enough gold to buy out all the weapons and armor in the latest shops. Then I just switch to the exp farmer/deathmarch build and autorun through the training tunnels until I get leveled up enough to move over another few screens. One the one hand, I keep advancing. On the other hand, I'm not exactly playing the game any more.

If you are feeling really min maxy you can do a demon march build and put some nail clippers on the right side of the screen. Basically it's death march without using up a pet slot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh my god, I've been playing this on and off for the past... 5 days or so, and I had no idea that you could tap to hit faster. :psyduck:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been going with a SPD/Pow build in a 2/1 ratio. Seems to work fantastically with Armtwister however I'm wondering what my next set of gear should be to take advantage of these stats.

How far do I need to go?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
In the Android thread someone was talking about waiting for 20 or so levels before allocating points.

The AUTO LEVEL functionality is quite useful:
  • 0 points allocated: Stat points are saved until you manually allocate them
  • 1-4 points allocated: The number of points allocated are applied when you level up, the rest are saved for manual allocation
  • 5 points allocated: All 5 points are allocated every time you level up
  • 6+ points allocated: When you level up, if you have at least this many total points they are allocated, otherwise they are saved until you have that many

Using the last one is very useful for setting up ratios exactly how you want. For example if you set it to like 2 power, 4 speed, and 1 luck then every time you have at least 7 points you'll have 7 automatically allocated.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aredna posted:

In the Android thread someone was talking about waiting for 20 or so levels before allocating points.

The AUTO LEVEL functionality is quite useful:
  • 0 points allocated: Stat points are saved until you manually allocate them
  • 1-4 points allocated: The number of points allocated are applied when you level up, the rest are saved for manual allocation
  • 5 points allocated: All 5 points are allocated every time you level up
  • 6+ points allocated: When you level up, if you have at least this many total points they are allocated, otherwise they are saved until you have that many

Using the last one is very useful for setting up ratios exactly how you want. For example if you set it to like 2 power, 4 speed, and 1 luck then every time you have at least 7 points you'll have 7 automatically allocated.

I've done 2 speed/1 pow and it dumps all 5 points at once. I'll have to watch where it's putting them.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
What does getting higher levels of luk based items do?

Does chance stack? I think it might, but sure to the random nature it's tough to be certain.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

m.hache posted:

I've done 2 speed/1 pow and it dumps all 5 points at once. I'll have to watch where it's putting them.

Maybe I'll have to revise the 1-4 point write-up. I tried setting just 1 stat to 1 point and left the other 4 behind on me when I checked. Further testing will be done.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aredna posted:

Maybe I'll have to revise the 1-4 point write-up. I tried setting just 1 stat to 1 point and left the other 4 behind on me when I checked. Further testing will be done.

I just re-checked and I had 3 spd, 2 pow for my auto level so it would allocate it correctly every time.

I need to find a new armor/weapon combo soon. I might go back to a paralyze build for shits.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
That makes sense. So if you want 2:1 you can set it to 4 and 2 and it will allocate all points. You'll be a little behind 1 every 5 levels, but that doesn't really matter considering the time savings over doing it by hand.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
The propose button in the toilet castle seems to equip a random pet that has an effect with your current equipment. It's useful to see what you can get out of a good weapon and armor combo

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
I went back into some older shops and *2 level equipment showed up. Is that related to distance traveled or levels gained or do I need to use the base equipment to level up the opportunity to buy better ones?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gegil posted:

I went back into some older shops and *2 level equipment showed up. Is that related to distance traveled or levels gained or do I need to use the base equipment to level up the opportunity to buy better ones?

I believe you can upgrade old weapon to the next level when you find a new weapon shop.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Boy this game is a fun time waster. How important is proper stat allocation or is just a general ratio good enough? Like should I be putting value points into Vit or Luck or just dump it all in Pow and Spd?

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 16, 2014

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

Boy this game is a fun time waster. How important is proper stat allocation or is just a general ratio good enough? Like should I be putting value points into Vit or Luck or just dump it all in Pow and Spd?

Vit is kind of worthless after a while, because the enemy damage output increases faster than you can realistically keep up with it. Spd is really the better defensive stat since avoiding all the damage is the only viable way to deal with it. Luck you should pump up to some big number, until you find all the rare pets you want, and then probably focus all on pow and spd.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Aredna posted:

That was me. I do that instead of using the autolevel because I like the feeling of manually spending points, but doing it every level feels tedious for the small impact five stat points has.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Uh, so does this game have an actual end at some point?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SmockJoc posted:

Uh, so does this game have an actual end at some point?

The last boss is dosboss but you can continue playing after that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Jorath posted:

What does getting higher levels of luk based items do?

Does chance stack? I think it might, but sure to the random nature it's tough to be certain.

What combination gives you double chance?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Potsticker posted:

What combination gives you double chance?

I thought it was WIGHT + DICE, but I must have been mistaken. I gave up on luk, so with 150 points in power, I now do a consistent 800 damage, vs 240 in luk and doing 100-400.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

:hellyeah: I took down dumbo. I'm now more than half way through the bosses. I think I might need to put more points into vit because just random mobs hitting me is what stops me. There is just so many of them that will roll a d20 soon or later.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Shwqa posted:

:hellyeah: I took down dumbo. I'm now more than half way through the bosses. I think I might need to put more points into vit because just random mobs hitting me is what stops me. There is just so many of them that will roll a d20 soon or later.

Depends how much you have. It might be worth putting a couple hundred in there so you can survive a random hit, although it might be more effective in that case to use a pet that gives you scapegoat, which kills the pet when you would die, or guts, which makes a deadly hit take you down to 1 hp instead (although presumably with some kind of internal cooldown so it doesn't just make you immortal, but the mechanics are never well explained). That would give you an extra hit too. Pumping vit still isn't going to do much past a certain point, because they're always going to be able to one shot you anyway. I got my HP up to 1800 before I realized how useless it was, and that seems to allow me to take one random hit, and that's it. Anything more and I'm toast. The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah that is the boss killing combo I used. A truck full of trucks is a pretty good description.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I dig the game. It's a bit grindy but the simplicity of it all(on the surface) is kinda fun.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

I've been trying this out, and even going from 200 to 400 POW I can see the potential here. It's still more economical for me to go back and forth between 15-16km to grind out levels with my INT kit, but I've been pushing into 17km and up like a mad tapper trying it out and being rather impressed.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

BobTheJanitor posted:

Depends how much you have. It might be worth putting a couple hundred in there so you can survive a random hit, although it might be more effective in that case to use a pet that gives you scapegoat, which kills the pet when you would die, or guts, which makes a deadly hit take you down to 1 hp instead (although presumably with some kind of internal cooldown so it doesn't just make you immortal, but the mechanics are never well explained). That would give you an extra hit too. Pumping vit still isn't going to do much past a certain point, because they're always going to be able to one shot you anyway. I got my HP up to 1800 before I realized how useless it was, and that seems to allow me to take one random hit, and that's it. Anything more and I'm toast. The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

When can you get those items/pets? I'm stuck using a club/leaf for the armtwister combo currently and want an upgrade.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

m.hache posted:

When can you get those items/pets? I'm stuck using a club/leaf for the armtwister combo currently and want an upgrade.

Scissors isn't until the shop at 17.1km, which is the furthest piece.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I posted this in the Android thread, but let's try here!

I made it to the octopus boss (underwater area around 5.8k), and he one-shots me. I have over a thousand health, and I'm using WoodSwd-Kendo-Beetle for ultra-fast auto attacks. It was on that Google Doc and I'm really digging it, just melts anything else I've come across. Except the octopus. I can take out about 1/8 of his health before he just zaps me. Any tips? What gear should I use? I have a few thousand coins from just trudging through the tunnels over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

New Leaf posted:

I posted this in the Android thread, but let's try here!

I made it to the octopus boss (underwater area around 5.8k), and he one-shots me. I have over a thousand health, and I'm using WoodSwd-Kendo-Beetle for ultra-fast auto attacks. It was on that Google Doc and I'm really digging it, just melts anything else I've come across. Except the octopus. I can take out about 1/8 of his health before he just zaps me. Any tips? What gear should I use? I have a few thousand coins from just trudging through the tunnels over and over.

I just beat that boss with the Club + Leaf + Berserker combo.

• Locked thread