Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I posted this in the Android thread, but let's try here!

I made it to the octopus boss (underwater area around 5.8k), and he one-shots me. I have over a thousand health, and I'm using WoodSwd-Kendo-Beetle for ultra-fast auto attacks. It was on that Google Doc and I'm really digging it, just melts anything else I've come across. Except the octopus. I can take out about 1/8 of his health before he just zaps me. Any tips? What gear should I use? I have a few thousand coins from just trudging through the tunnels over and over.

You attack as fast as you can tap the screen. So super Mach is great for mindless getting to the boss, but not great for bosses. You would prefer combos that either make your dodge more, make you hit harder, and/or paralyze the the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
What are your stats like? You can always just level up more. That's the "solution" to a lot of bosses, and it's crazy how important speed is. Or you can use something the boss is weak to (Stab, Ice, Electric, Earth) and wear armor that will be strong against his Water attacks.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I'm using Hose-Penguin-Megaslug to get Recovery 5 so I can take the boss out in a few rounds at level 279. Hose was a random pickup from a treasure run, but I'm sure you could find things to replace Hose and Megaslug. The important bit is being able to survive his attacks, Penguin does that nicely. I'm taking two hits with 204 Vit/1020 HP.

Fake edit: Or I suppose you could go nuts on Speed for avoidance, but it seems like you need to be close to all-in for that work?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SilverMike posted:

I'm using Hose-Penguin-Megaslug to get Recovery 5 so I can take the boss out in a few rounds at level 279. Hose was a random pickup from a treasure run, but I'm sure you could find things to replace Hose and Megaslug. The important bit is being able to survive his attacks, Penguin does that nicely. I'm taking two hits with 204 Vit/1020 HP.

Fake edit: Or I suppose you could go nuts on Speed for avoidance, but it seems like you need to be close to all-in for that work?

You can check out my first post on build questions but you either need to be all in for speed or all in for vit, int, and be much higher level.

You need a lot of accuracy to hit the end game boss. Speed gives 1:1 ratio for evade and accuracy. Int gives a 1:2 ratio for accuracy. Though you can use the unfair ability which doubles your accuracy.

There is no impossible builds but you might need to grind longer.

Edit: people have beaten the game at "low" levels with perfectly balanced stats.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 17, 2014

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I recently got the afro armor, allowing the afro / bouquet / zomble combo for deathmarch, exp farmer, expup20 and I'm wondering if anyone has found anything similar for gold, or if the thief / bouquet / zomble set for deathmarch and golddigger is the pinnacle of afk gold farming. Some of these later shops are ridiculously pricy when you still only make 10 to 20 gold per kill.

Edit: I guess bouquet / thief / mimic and resting a metal object on the screen is the best way to do it. That gives golddigger, goldup 30 and treaup 30 for an extra bonus. Just hard to find an object around my work desk that has a metal bit and balances on my phone very well. :v:

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 17, 2014

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

I posted this in the Android thread, but let's try here!

I made it to the octopus boss (underwater area around 5.8k), and he one-shots me. I have over a thousand health, and I'm using WoodSwd-Kendo-Beetle for ultra-fast auto attacks. It was on that Google Doc and I'm really digging it, just melts anything else I've come across. Except the octopus. I can take out about 1/8 of his health before he just zaps me. Any tips? What gear should I use? I have a few thousand coins from just trudging through the tunnels over and over.

I just beat him using the Bow/DNAsuit/P. Shroom combo for Paralyse/Spdup10/poison. The paralyse let me just wail away at him for about 15 seconds and then he was toast. The super fast attacking bonus just wasn't cutting it with him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For just starting out, Knife/Rags/Bat was really good. You get AccUp20/SpdUp10/MGuardUp10. I just made it to the Armor Shop that sells Ninja, and that's what I'm using now. Knife/Ninja/Bat gives Dash/SpdUp10/SpdUp20. Dash makes you ignore weight, so you move really fast.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

I recently got the afro armor, allowing the afro / bouquet / zomble combo for deathmarch, exp farmer, expup20 and I'm wondering if anyone has found anything similar for gold, or if the thief / bouquet / zomble set for deathmarch and golddigger is the pinnacle of afk gold farming. Some of these later shops are ridiculously pricy when you still only make 10 to 20 gold per kill.

Edit: I guess bouquet / thief / mimic and resting a metal object on the screen is the best way to do it. That gives golddigger, goldup 30 and treaup 30 for an extra bonus. Just hard to find an object around my work desk that has a metal bit and balances on my phone very well. :v:

I found a spoon works really well to balance on a phone.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Thiefswd/Ninja/Zomble might be better with Demondash and Deathmarch letting you clear your AFK runs faster, even though you don't double your gold. It's also ready to go as soon as you find a Zomble.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Time for a boss strategy guide (can't believe I'm doing this). This applies to all bosses but it not as necessary early game.

Step 1) Don't use Mach or super Mach. Tapping the screen quickly will have you attacking just as quickly.

Step 2) Be able to have a decent chance of dodging hits or tanking a few hits. Spd30/ arm twister/ scapegoat/ guts/ big guard/ magi wall/ wall are all useful for this. If you can tank a hit you can hang back and lets your health regen, boss will not gain their health back over time. However they will get full health back if you leave the map.

Step 3) Find a build that lowers the amount of hits you have to dodge/tank. This can be done with pow30+/paralyze/no guard and focusing on their weakness if you can.

Step 4) Tap like crazy and hope for the best! I would save item for the last 2-3 bosses.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 17, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Don't be afraid to step back and heal, if the boss gets a lucky hit in, and drops your HP to red, or if one hit drops you under 1/2 HP.

Just walk left, leave the app, and come back after ~5 minutes.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Don't be afraid to step back and heal, if the boss gets a lucky hit in, and drops your HP to red, or if one hit drops you under 1/2 HP.

Just walk left, leave the app, and come back after ~5 minutes.

Oh yeah that is good. I added that in. I wonder how long poison last and if you could just let a boss die? Also is there any build that give big guard and wall/ magi wall?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Does double paralyze help at all? My boss killer combo has been Snakewip/Dnasuit/Mr.Germs which gives paralyze twice plus poison and I'm wondering if it's really necessary or not. As far as I've seen it completely stunlocks bosses at least through LuciferX.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Does double paralyze help at all? My boss killer combo has been Snakewip/Dnasuit/Mr.Germs which gives paralyze twice plus poison and I'm wondering if it's really necessary or not. As far as I've seen it completely stunlocks bosses at least through LuciferX.

I don't know but I think so. Every other skill stacks so I don't see why paralyze wouldn't.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

What do the EXP10 and SPDUP30 buffs actually do? Is it a flat bonus to each stat or something more complicated?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Double Paralyze almost certainly works better than single, I've been using it with Bow/DNASuit/G.Shroom and I get attacked less than the single version.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:

How fast is too fast? Gotta go faster!

BrightGreenLine fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 17, 2014

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Virtue posted:

What do the EXP10 and SPDUP30 buffs actually do? Is it a flat bonus to each stat or something more complicated?

I'm pretty sure all the numeric buffs are percentages. So spdup30 for example gives you the equivalent of 1.3x your speed.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BrightGreenLine posted:

How fast is too fast? Gotta go faster!

How high does your MOV get with three SPDUP30s?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
What luck are you guys at to get all of these bonuses/abilities at? I've just beaten the octopus boss but I've only managed to get a handful of pets and have bought most of the weapons so far (not bought any 2* weapons yet though). The Halbred seems to be the best thing i'm using so far in regards to a weapon, but i'm not sure if i'm doing the math wrong on damage output. It certainly seems to be the best damage for weight ratio but maybe i should be switching to something else that does less damage but weighs next to nothing if speed and avoiding damage is key.

So far i've been applying stats like follows for each level:

Pow: 1
Spd: 2
Vit: 1
Luck: 1

So i'm fairly evenly spread and i have an HP of 500 just now but if it ends up being pointless i might start putting that stat into Pow instead.

Basically, i'm starting to get a bit lost. If speed is key should i be looking to wear the lightest armor and pick the lightest weapons whilst using the pets to give me some kind of bonus.

Also, where do i find the exp/gold bonuses? Prices are starting to get a little high and i'm only getting 1-2g per kill just now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hook / thief / genie/mimic is the first gold combo I came across.

Gold is based off luck and enemies level but no one knows the exact formula.

Edit: I don't think move and evade are the same thing. Move is the speed of which your character moves across the map and it is effected by armor and weapon. I think evade is simply 1:1 ratio of speed plus any abilities that add to it. But no know ones for sure.

Edit2: I actually have 3k hp and I like it. I can survive a hit from a 18km+ skulled monster.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 17, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Depends how much you have. It might be worth putting a couple hundred in there so you can survive a random hit, although it might be more effective in that case to use a pet that gives you scapegoat, which kills the pet when you would die, or guts, which makes a deadly hit take you down to 1 hp instead (although presumably with some kind of internal cooldown so it doesn't just make you immortal, but the mechanics are never well explained). That would give you an extra hit too. Pumping vit still isn't going to do much past a certain point, because they're always going to be able to one shot you anyway. I got my HP up to 1800 before I realized how useless it was, and that seems to allow me to take one random hit, and that's it. Anything more and I'm toast. The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

You gotta try the scissors / vampcape / berserker combo. No guard plus bide is crazy good for normal enemies. With 1.5k pow I'm one shot anything with 30k hp or less. I got training floor 384 with the build, which is where I finally couldn't one shot enemies.

Vampcape is at the 8.1 shop incase you don't got it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

You gotta try the scissors / vampcape / berserker combo. No guard plus bide is crazy good for normal enemies. With 1.5k pow I'm one shot anything with 30k hp or less. I got training floor 384 with the build, which is where I finally couldn't one shot enemies.

Vampcape is at the 8.1 shop incase you don't got it.

Wow, even with only 600 POW this combo was still one-shotting things all the way into 17km.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Potsticker posted:

Wow, even with only 600 POW this combo was still one-shotting things all the way into 17km.

Scorpion, priest, fallen is the same thing but also with PowerUp30. Crunch some numbers to see which is better with scorpion's lower base damage.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Bide is nice but its one-less-hit effect doesn't really help with bosses. I mean even if it does have some effect, one less hit out of 30 or 40 hits isn't much to write home about. I guess if you wanted to, you could use the vampcape up to the last house/toilet and then swap to the invcloak right before the boss so you trade bide for armtwister for the extra dodge chance.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

Bide is nice but its one-less-hit effect doesn't really help with bosses. I mean even if it does have some effect, one less hit out of 30 or 40 hits isn't much to write home about. I guess if you wanted to, you could use the vampcape up to the last house/toilet and then swap to the invcloak right before the boss so you trade bide for armtwister for the extra dodge chance.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I did before, especially around the Lucifer/LuciferX sections. Have one combo get me to the area with as little threat as possible, then switch to my boss killing combo and hopefully it gets me through the minions. With Paralyze/Paralyze/Poison the bosses were no threat, but regular monsters aren't nearly as phased by it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man I had a great run with no guard / bide and switching to double paralyze for bosses. I beat 2 bosses in one run and was a few screens away from the next one.

Edit: double paralyze is so bad against normal monster. The 23.2km boss is like 15 screens away from the nearest house. :argh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 18, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Deep Winter posted:

Scorpion, priest, fallen is the same thing but also with PowerUp30. Crunch some numbers to see which is better with scorpion's lower base damage.

This combo is pretty great and I'm using it to farm the 18.1 & Castle areas until I think about giving Dumbo a shot. POW is at 1400 now, but I started using it around the 1k mark.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It took a long time farming a Zomble, but it was worth it. With that, Kendo and Woodswd, it's just easy to grind senselessly. Just have to check every so often to check if he's snuffed it, but it takes a while. Lots of money and experience for doing nothing. Loads of pets too since I blasted LUK up quite a bit as well. It's almost like one of those idle games.

Up to 15.4 now. That Snakewip/DNAsuit/Mr.Germs combo or whatever is great for bosses. Trying to grind money so I can buy the stuff for some of these other really good ones as well.

But seriously, everyone struggling at 9 km and upwards, go farm a Zomble. It's worth it.

e: oh hey, 15.4 was right next to the dungeon. And Poison works again!

e2: oh and another one straight after and I get one-shotted. Well, back to grinding.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 18, 2014

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Where do you find your first zombles? All I've found are Zombies so far.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Zombles show up around 9.1 I think.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Scorpion, priest, fallen one shots everything through 19.9 with 1600ish POW. Double paralyze takes care of the bosses, only hard part is getting through that dungeons trash.

At 18.9 you get Quipoa, which that plus eely Dan and gold dice gives you goldup40, chance, and golddigger.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

lessthankyle posted:

I just beat him using the Bow/DNAsuit/P. Shroom combo for Paralyse/Spdup10/poison. The paralyse let me just wail away at him for about 15 seconds and then he was toast. The super fast attacking bonus just wasn't cutting it with him.

I'm using this combo since it was the only one I could really put together, and I've been doing much better. I got him to about 1/5 of his health and an alarm went off on my phone and overlapped the game, which killed me. I haven't gotten quite as far since then because of random game reboots and such. About 9 times out of 10, it will sit for a while just fine, but every once in a while I'll come back and it boots me back to the start of the area when I've not closed it or anything.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
So, I'm constantly running out of gold to buy / upgrade my equipments and stuck with what I can collect at 15.4k. I'm currently farming with Gold Dice / Lord Robe / Gold Knight but how much Luck do I need for the cash to really start to roll in?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gegil posted:

So, I'm constantly running out of gold to buy / upgrade my equipments and stuck with what I can collect at 15.4k. I'm currently farming with Gold Dice / Lord Robe / Gold Knight but how much Luck do I need for the cash to really start to roll in?

At 800 LUK and without any gold farming gear the meter shows around 500 gold/minute for me.

EDIT: With that combo I'm pulling in 790 golld/minute.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 18, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I figured out why my snake whip/ DNA suit combo kept dying around 23km. The enemies have more speed than me; they got about 4300. Turns out since I was one shorting all the enemies I never notice they leveled up so much :v:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Great tip for mid to late game: put on your best one-shotting gear, and get as far as possible in training. Your farthest training level is what decides the Treasure Rooms enemy levels. I'm going up against dudes level 344, who drop 300 exp and 20 gold before bonuses. Even dying to them after a screen or two, getting 50 gold a pop with golddigger plus goldup is worth it.

Golddice, Qipoa, and eely Dan with golddigger, chance, and goldup40 is getting me 940-980 gold per min.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 18, 2014

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

What determines what level you start at and what level you can skip to for the training grounds?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How on earth do you guys get stuck into this game? I've been dinking around with it all day, and I just made it to (and immediately died to) the Forest boss. And I feel like I've run the same 15 screens at least 60 times just leveling up to get this far.

I'm at level 55 or so, with only the Slime and Hellhare as pets available, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Best run so far was with a Stick, Fabulous armor, and the Hellhare, which gives me 2 SpeedUp skills. How do I find more pets? What are the Training Grounds?

e: I just died and now I have a third option of TREASURE. And now I'm in some snowy area that just says A2. What's happening??
e2: BONECAPE get!

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Phenotype posted:

I'm at level 55 or so, with only the Slime and Hellhare as pets available, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Best run so far was with a Stick, Fabulous armor, and the Hellhare, which gives me 2 SpeedUp skills. How do I find more pets? What are the Training Grounds?

Pets randomly drop from enemies, so if you want a certain pet, grind that enemy and the Training grounds open up at the starter castle after I think the third boss gets defeated.

• Locked thread