Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Best combo you can get under 8kms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Think I was using Club/Leaf mainly at that point, but grinding I found Woodswd/Kendo to be good for the trash enemies. Then probably a pet with a Power or Speed boost. Also drat it I have that song stuck in my head again.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Quite possibly the best supermach combo. Normally I can reach up to Lvl 200 in the training halls but this set just keeps going
:psyduck:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Quite possibly the best supermach combo. Normally I can reach up to Lvl 200 in the training halls but this set just keeps going
:psyduck:

Hey Farthole, it would be cool to see your stat distribution as well!

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
My bad. Here

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Seriously try the scissors / vampcape / berseker combo. I got up to training floor 384 with similar stats. One shooting everything means not having to dodge their attacks. Too bad boss will laugh at that combo.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

What training level did you make it to? I got to 328 earlier with this setup:

EDIT: Made it to 341, stopping at 1800 POW and going back to levelling SPD.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 19, 2014

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Does luck have diminishing returns at around 1000? A lot of screenshots I've seen don't take it beyond that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tequila posted:

Does luck have diminishing returns at around 1000? A lot of screenshots I've seen don't take it beyond that.

I was at 800 LUK for a long time and at the area I'm at I noticed minimal difference between 800 and 1k. I only rose it that high because of seeing others' screenshots.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 19, 2014

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Do weapons and armor cap at 9*? I haven't noticed any new levels appearing at the first few shops in a while but I've only made it out to 13.8k so far. It'd be nice if so since I might actually be able to keep up with purchases by just running golddigger/deathmarch.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

★9 is the cap for weapons and armor. I would guess pets too, but all I've seen is up to ★3.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
How do you level up pets? Do you just have to find them again in chests?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

How do you level up pets? Do you just have to find them again in chests?

Yes. And level 2s seems to be a lot more rare than level 1s.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The thread title is a goddamn lie.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

bowmore posted:

Best combo you can get under 8kms?

Dunno about best, especially since at that level I was using FIRE ROD/PIGTAILS/WIGHT with my Totally Pro INT build (Don't build for INT)

Bow/DNASuit/G.Shroom at 7.3, replace with SNAKEWIP and MR.GERMS by 9.9 gives the boss killing PARALYSE(x2) and POISON

Leek/Leaf/Cannibis gives Mach Hit, POWUP20 and SPDUP20 which would probably be good for grinding

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
One minute to play, (n+1000) minutes to beat.

This game is fun for some reason. Once you get some deathmarch combinations it's like Progress Quest with graphics!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, how much luck should i have before reasonably expecting a Zomble to drop.

I can get to the area now but killing loads has given me nothing. My Luck is currently 300.

I'm using the Woodswd/Kendo/P.Shroom combo for supermach and was thinking of dumping everything into power now until i can oneshot everything up to the next boss.

I think i'm close to finding some shops that give me the gear for better exp/gold builds, but a lot of the combos i've read about online include the Zomble so i thought it best to go for that first.

begedin
Jul 28, 2013

Kin posted:

I can get to the area now but killing loads has given me nothing. My Luck is currently 300.

I'm using the Woodswd/Kendo/P.Shroom combo for supermach and was thinking of dumping everything into power now until i can oneshot everything up to the next boss.

I think i'm close to finding some shops that give me the gear for better exp/gold builds, but a lot of the combos i've read about online include the Zomble so i thought it best to go for that first.

My luck is at 210 and it dropped somewhere around the tenth kill. Sorry, I'm not trying to rub it in (well, I am, kinda), I just want to say 300 should be enough. I also did it with a Leak and a Leaf equipped, so no special gear.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kin posted:

Zomble is only good for AFK farming, and the best combos require having pets that give synergistic skills. Basically what I'm saying is if you're bored of trying to farm one, it's not so necessary that you've got to have one right away. Just like the mach skills can be replicated by tapping, deathmarch can be replicated by holding down your thumb. Even though I got a Zomble relatively quickly, having a helpful pet was way more important to me to farm the highest level areas I could, so I switched it out pretty quickly.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

Outside the starting castle, sometimes a treasure chest will appear with a Full Heal or a Revive.

I think this a once-a-day bonus sort of thing.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kin posted:

A real life spoon on the right side of your phone is the exact same thing as zomble. I prefer the spoon method because there are much better combos with other pets. For example gold digger with gold30 is better than gold digger with death march.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

Even though the background is otherwise static, I like how the sky changes depending on the time of day you're playing.

Also:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

Yup, read it somewhere in the help or a website or something.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I am having a hell of a time beating the Wight boss. I'm using the club/leaf/berserker combo, but he just one-shots me and even when he misses I can't really do enough damage before his next attack hits. anyone have any advice?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Edwhirl posted:

I am having a hell of a time beating the Wight boss. I'm using the club/leaf/berserker combo, but he just one-shots me and even when he misses I can't really do enough damage before his next attack hits. anyone have any advice?

I just beat him today, and I used Knife/Ninja/Bat, which gives Dash/SpdUp 10/SpdUp 20. I did a lot of hit and run.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Edwhirl posted:

Just keep leveling and raising your speed, and while you're attacking, pretend you're playing tap tap revolution on the right side of the screen with both hands, four fingers.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

By semi afk running alternating xp and gold farming, I have apparently managed to buy all the armor and weapons now. Although I could keep getting upgraded versions as nothing is maxed out yet. I decided it was time to start pet farming so I got out a discovery set and put my trusty metal object on the screen, and a few minutes later glanced over to see that I'd just nabbed an oreslime. Apparently that's ridiculously rare, at least if the moaning on the reddit page is right. So, hooray.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

BobTheJanitor posted:

By semi afk running alternating xp and gold farming, I have apparently managed to buy all the armor and weapons now. Although I could keep getting upgraded versions as nothing is maxed out yet. I decided it was time to start pet farming so I got out a discovery set and put my trusty metal object on the screen, and a few minutes later glanced over to see that I'd just nabbed an oreslime. Apparently that's ridiculously rare, at least if the moaning on the reddit page is right. So, hooray.

Do higher * versions of items lead to better bonuses or is it basically just higher def/atk values?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Kin posted:

Do higher * versions of items lead to better bonuses or is it basically just higher def/atk values?

As far as I can tell it's just def/atk. So pretty much just upgrading weapons is worth it, since I don't think def has any impact on dodge. (Not sure on that though) But upgrading atk is still useful since the attack value is multiplied in the equation that gives your final damage, so even increasing atk by one point results in a noticeable increase in damage output.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Finally got Zomble earlier today and it's a whole different game now.

Being able to just passively play makes it much more enjoyable.

I also just unlocked the training room and i think i'm now at the point where the game just blows wide open right?

I've got gear equipped that doubles my exp and gives me a ton of levels when running through the training room and i've got a gold setup i've not tried yet (Golddice/Pirate/Griffon) that should give me a ton of gold to buy stuff once i level up enough to one shot my way through most of the mobs (i can two shot my way through everything up to 12k at the minute).

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Found the following cheat on Reddit, which lets you auto-run without a zomble if you care to do so:

1) Hold one finger to the right, obviously to run.
2) Without picking up the finger that you used to run, tap the small i at the bottom left, then tap "Ads by Google"
3) Again, don't pick up the finger that is used to run. When the screen pops up that gives info about ads by google, press done at the bottom right.
4) Lift your finger off of the right side of the screen when the window closes. You now should be running without touching the screen.

Edit: Aaaaaaand, it seems to remove controller input when you die, so you'll have to close and reopen the app. You don't lose any progress but still, that's an extra step.

SmockJoc fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 20, 2014

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

SmockJoc posted:

Found the following cheat on Reddit, which lets you auto-run without a zomble if you care to do so:

1) Hold one finger to the right, obviously to run.
2) Without picking up the finger that you used to run, tap the small i at the bottom left, then tap "Ads by Google"
3) Again, don't pick up the finger that is used to run. When the screen pops up that gives info about ads by google, press done at the bottom right.
4) Lift your finger off of the right side of the screen when the window closes. You now should be running without touching the screen.

Edit: Aaaaaaand, it seems to remove controller input when you die, so you'll have to close and reopen the app. You don't lose any progress but still, that's an extra step.

The far easier method is to just get a spoon and put it on your phone or tablet, and it accomplishes the same thing without the extra step.

Edwhirl fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 20, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edwhirl posted:

The far easier method is to just get a spoon and put it on your phone or tablet, and it accomplishes the same thing without the extra step.

Keys work too which is pretty sweet.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
help what's happening i've played this game for 66 minutes

Why is this FUN

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Is there a way to get significantly more gold?

I've got the popsicle/ribbon/zomble combo equipped which is good, but i seem to only get maybe 10k by letting it run from the starting point to about the 15k mark (800G/m).

The prices of things just seem to jump up a hell of a lot higher though so there's no way that gold rate will do for getting everything in a timely fashion.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kin posted:

Is there a way to get significantly more gold?

I've got the popsicle/ribbon/zomble combo equipped which is good, but i seem to only get maybe 10k by letting it run from the starting point to about the 15k mark (800G/m).

The prices of things just seem to jump up a hell of a lot higher though so there's no way that gold rate will do for getting everything in a timely fashion.

Price evens out at 20k for the most expensive stuff while gold has no cap. Gold formula is somehow tied to your luck and the enemy's level. I get a few thousand gold on my normal runs now.

My gold build is bouquet / thief / mimic with a spoon or quarter on the screen.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Shwqa posted:

Price evens out at 20k for the most expensive stuff while gold has no cap. Gold formula is somehow tied to your luck and the enemy's level. I get a few thousand gold on my normal runs now.

My gold build is bouquet / thief / mimic with a spoon or quarter on the screen.

If you have it, golddice / diviner / genie gives golddigger, chance, goldup40. An extra 10% over bouquet / thief / mimic, but you don't get the treaup30. I'm not sure what impact that would have overall, since some chests can be full of gold too, although usually I only see a couple hundred gold in them. But then randomly I'll see one with 20,000 gold in it. So yeah, figuring out how any mechanics work in this game is hard.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Do TreaUp skills help with spawning an oreslime or mimic?

DivvyO
May 21, 2001
Copa & Maxixe!
The grind on this game ... I want to play with the good stuff!

Time to try really depressing builds ... like all LUCK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Potsticker posted:

Do TreaUp skills help with spawning an oreslime or mimic?

I can definitively state ... dunno? I know that the discovery skill does, which I believe is monk / lexicon. I think that if a mimic or oreslime spawns, it's guaranteed to drop a chest when it dies, but that chest isn't guaranteed to actually drop the pet. You could just get coins out of it. I killed like 5 or 10 mimics before I finally got one from the chest.

• Locked thread