Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been going with a SPD/Pow build in a 2/1 ratio. Seems to work fantastically with Armtwister however I'm wondering what my next set of gear should be to take advantage of these stats.

How far do I need to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aredna posted:

In the Android thread someone was talking about waiting for 20 or so levels before allocating points.

The AUTO LEVEL functionality is quite useful:
  • 0 points allocated: Stat points are saved until you manually allocate them
  • 1-4 points allocated: The number of points allocated are applied when you level up, the rest are saved for manual allocation
  • 5 points allocated: All 5 points are allocated every time you level up
  • 6+ points allocated: When you level up, if you have at least this many total points they are allocated, otherwise they are saved until you have that many

Using the last one is very useful for setting up ratios exactly how you want. For example if you set it to like 2 power, 4 speed, and 1 luck then every time you have at least 7 points you'll have 7 automatically allocated.

I've done 2 speed/1 pow and it dumps all 5 points at once. I'll have to watch where it's putting them.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aredna posted:

Maybe I'll have to revise the 1-4 point write-up. I tried setting just 1 stat to 1 point and left the other 4 behind on me when I checked. Further testing will be done.

I just re-checked and I had 3 spd, 2 pow for my auto level so it would allocate it correctly every time.

I need to find a new armor/weapon combo soon. I might go back to a paralyze build for shits.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

BobTheJanitor posted:

Depends how much you have. It might be worth putting a couple hundred in there so you can survive a random hit, although it might be more effective in that case to use a pet that gives you scapegoat, which kills the pet when you would die, or guts, which makes a deadly hit take you down to 1 hp instead (although presumably with some kind of internal cooldown so it doesn't just make you immortal, but the mechanics are never well explained). That would give you an extra hit too. Pumping vit still isn't going to do much past a certain point, because they're always going to be able to one shot you anyway. I got my HP up to 1800 before I realized how useless it was, and that seems to allow me to take one random hit, and that's it. Anything more and I'm toast. The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

When can you get those items/pets? I'm stuck using a club/leaf for the armtwister combo currently and want an upgrade.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Where do you find your first zombles? All I've found are Zombies so far.

• Locked thread