Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

there will never be another rise fm like the gta3 one :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

sleeping dogs is the best serious gta

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

san andreas is still better than five

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
gordon drives the doodoo truck into combine homeworld

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Vargs posted:

Yeah, if you're gay.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
sa is good but vice city is better

i really wish we could get another gta or gta ripoff that took place in not-present-day

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Vargs posted:

it's really good

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Gobblecoque posted:

sa is good but vice city is better

i really wish we could get another gta or gta ripoff that took place in not-present-day

vice city has just the right amount of content in a gta game and it doesnt have the first area be one giant tutorial that never seems to end, like in gta sa. it gives you a few token tutorial missions that are piss-easy to complete from the drug lord guy than lets you go nuts

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Vice City might be one of The Perfect Games

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

san andreas is still better than five

San Andreas is still the king.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

closeted republican posted:

vice city has just the right amount of content in a gta game and it doesnt have the first area be one giant tutorial that never seems to end, like in gta sa. it gives you a few token tutorial missions that are piss-easy to complete from the drug lord guy than lets you go nuts

san andreas also taught you poo poo you would never ever use. like the entire breakin mission/stealing trucks and poo poo. what the gently caress. let me just murder people for money

that said, once they cut the leash it is total insanity and kicks the poo poo out of vice city. maybe not in terms of setting but def in terms of gameplay and the kind of missions you go on

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SA has the best story, characters, map, and more.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell, it's God drat Los Angeles in the 90s. You automatically win.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

san andreas also taught you poo poo you would never ever use. like the entire breakin mission/stealing trucks and poo poo. what the gently caress. let me just murder people for money
You unlocked infinite sprint if you did a certain amount of burglaries.

Wormskull posted:

SA has the best story, characters, map, and more.

Wormskull posted:

Hell, it's God drat Los Angeles in the 90s. You automatically win.

This pretty much sums it up.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

that said, once they cut the leash it is total insanity and kicks the poo poo out of vice city. maybe not in terms of setting but def in terms of gameplay and the kind of missions you go on

the problem is that it takes for-loving-ever to reach that point. by the time you hit las vegas in sa, which is when the game really gets crazy, you'd already got most of the property, finished the main quest line in vice city and become an indestructible god with the same amount of time in vice city. one lazy saturday i powered through los angeles in sa and it is a huge slog and waste of time

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Mama don't know I play Saints Row.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Dexters Secret posted:

also the BDSM chase scene in Saints Row 3 was fuckin epic

Everything to do with Zimos was fantastic, if you ask me.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Everything to do with Zimos was fantastic, if you ask me.

i remember when games got upset about zimos' "problematic" aspects. it was p funny

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

i remember when games got upset about zimos' "problematic" aspects. it was p funny

There isn't a single thing about Saints Row 3 or 4 that can't be used as fuel for somebody who wants to be outraged on purpose.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

also the BDSM chase scene in Saints Row 3 was fuckin epic
shoot the gimp carts, they explode :tipshat:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
vice city is the best gta because of the soundtrack and the colours/locale.
i always wanted to be in miami vice as a kid. i got my wish

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Los Angeles in the 90s my ninja.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

vice city had car light trails, that was such a cool effect, wonder why no other game really tried that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i was triggered p hard when the player character told zimos to mush, i was literally shaking

... with laughter

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

The music was good,but for me the map was too small.I'd like to see them try the 80s again, maybe in Liberty City during the crack epidemic.

Great Joe posted:

vice city had car light trails, that was such a cool effect, wonder why no other game really tried that
It was also in 3, I think it was there to blur everything and make it easier on the eyes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Iron Casanova posted:

The music was good,but for me the map was too small.I'd like to see them try the 80s again, maybe in Liberty City during the crack epidemic.

It was also in 3, I think it was there to blur everything and make it easier on the eyes.

Yeah you have to turn that effect off on HD tv's because it looks like poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SR4 was crazy fun and probably the funniest game in the series to me, but i kind of want more SR3/2 style games.

i just want SR3 with more solid shooting ala GTA5. thats all i want

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah you have to turn that effect off on HD tv's because it looks like poo poo
It looks wonderful, thank you very much. :colbert:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
a saints row game with red faction's geomod 2.0 destruction would be the coolest thing in the universe. too bad it'll never happen in a million years.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Steve Jaros would be a pretty good fit for Ricochet 2, considering it's gonna be an open world game. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vargs posted:

I've been replaying it the past few days, still great the third time around. They really captured the way classic police movies feel.

• Locked thread