Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

azflyboy posted:

This game is purddy...

This looks like one of those fake bullshots developers trot out pre release to promote a game that doesn't look nearly as good when you finally play it. Except this game actually does look that good. I can't play for a few weeks still but its good to hear these positive impressions.

What impact (if any) does being in a club have? Or is it just a tag next to your game like destiny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

geeves posted:

Sorry read that as Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Taint".

I hope to join you guys tomorrow once I'm finally home.

Good to see that you bought it too.

I wish I wasn't busy for the rest of the week. At least I'll get some time in on Saturday

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

This looks like one of those fake bullshots developers trot out pre release to promote a game that doesn't look nearly as good when you finally play it. Except this game actually does look that good. I can't play for a few weeks still but its good to hear these positive impressions.

What impact (if any) does being in a club have? Or is it just a tag next to your game like destiny?

I think it's mostly a tag, but it probably assists in matchmaking multiplayer. FM had deep stat mining, and it included club affiliation.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
My taint is all steel.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I think when you're in a club it gives you certain bonuses when you do races with other club members.

Chickenbisket
Apr 27, 2006
So far just about everything about Horizon 2 is miles better than the first. The only complaint I have is all the server issues they're having. Waiting 2 minutes after each race for the credits and xp to get added is really killing the flow, a lot. I've also had myself come up as a rival at the end of a few races.

GutBomb posted:

It's open to my friends so I'll friend you and then you can join. And this goes for any other goons that want to join. My gamertag is GutBomb303 so add me as a friend if we aren't friends already. I'll stay on top of the friend requests.

Friends request sent from GT Chickenbisket.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I'm totally loving it so far, but I really do wish the servers were more stable because it was fun getting a road all explored and seeing the club competition updates as I got more and more.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

My taint is all steel.

0000 Steel Wool. Could be worse.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Also if you thought the Bowler challenge was hard wait'll you guys try the Lancia one that has you going through a forest at night. Holy hell was that a challenge.

Chickenbisket
Apr 27, 2006
When I was messing around about by the airport I found a rather oddly placed XP sign. Has anybody figured out a way to get up there and get it?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
VW bus can't be made competitive for online A or S1, I'm sad to report.

E
Beat the lancia one, I still haven't beaten the bowler and I'm not entirely convinced this drat veneno can even hit 175

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 2, 2014

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I'm on the Xbone as DrSchiebel if whoever is in charge of the club wants to add me.

I never played the original Horizon, and I'm not sure why I expected this to be stupid, but it most certainly is not. I'm having a blast so far.

Edit: either it just wasn't working before or you did something, because I'm in now.

tk fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 2, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Is there an official goon club? Not seeing one in the OP. In as SA Soul Glo.

e: Added Gutbomb and messaged for club!

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 2, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Club created. GRC is the tag, the name is Goon Racing Club.
GB will add you, as long as you're on his friends list.

E: F, B.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dr. Faustus posted:

GB will add you, as long as you're on his friends list.

E: F, B.

Oh, cool, thanks. RequestedAdded.

This game is really good. Interested to see how Drive Club stacks up next week. One question: is there really no way to quit out? I've just been dashboarding when I'm ready to stop playing because I cannot figure out where Quit is for the life of me.

hojusimpson
Mar 30, 2011

Chickenbisket posted:

When I was messing around about by the airport I found a rather oddly placed XP sign. Has anybody figured out a way to get up there and get it?

Behind the hangar, there's a convenient ramp. I came close to the sign using the Ariel Atom -- I aimed to the right -- but haven't smashed through the drat thing yet. I'm hoping to give it another go tomorrow.

I tired of Forza Horizon 2 within a few months, but with the challenges, map design, etc., I suspect I'm going to spend oodles of time with this one.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I am totally addicted to the photo mode. I spent like 4 hours playing FH2 last night and I think about a quarter of it must have been loving with photo mode. How do you get the photos to post on the forums? Is it part of the 'share' function? Share wasnt working for me last night.

Took me a little while to figure it out, but yeah, you have to share the photos.

Then login at http://www.forzamotorsport.net/ and your stuff should be in Community -> Gallery

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Alright, I beat that train. I sent a friend request to GutBomb, so if you could send me an invite when you get the chance, that would be great! Gamertag is heavyplay.

Edit: I'm in! Cheers

subroc fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 2, 2014

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Pudgygiant posted:

VW bus can't be made competitive for online A or S1, I'm sad to report.

E
Beat the lancia one, I still haven't beaten the bowler and I'm not entirely convinced this drat veneno can even hit 175
Veneno can hit 175, I'm pretty sure I beat that one with it at 177 or something, just make sure to go slightly to the right on the roundabout so you don't get launched into the air and you should be able to make it.

The bowler one is what got me back to using the hood view because I felt like I could more easily see tree trunks to properly pick a spot between them, but the way I beat it was to go to the right somewhat in the first small opening of tree's. You want to get some speed but don't stay on the gas 100% in the beginning area because you need to focus on not smashing into the tree's. Once you're through the first highly wooded area then you can get on the gas fully. I stayed to the right somewhat after crossing the 1st road and you want to try to go under the overpass from a pretty shallow angle so you don't scrub speed getting back on the road. I actually then followed the road to the end point but I guess you could maybe try to go through the mini forest that's there, I didn't think it was necessary to do that though.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

subroc posted:

Took me a little while to figure it out, but yeah, you have to share the photos.

Then login at http://www.forzamotorsport.net/ and your stuff should be in Community -> Gallery

Thanks a ton man!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It's starting to defeat gravity! Good pictures, man.

This game looks really, really good. Had a lot of fun playing around with it last night mostly just doing championship stuff.

Question: Can you actually win cars from the Wheelspin thing? All I've managed to get is credit bonuses, and I'm at like level 16 or something.

And what someone else said earlier, I wouldn't mind a very basic character creator for the next Horizon. Something as basic as male/female, skin tone, hair color, and a few clothes items.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It's starting to defeat gravity! Good pictures, man.

This game looks really, really good. Had a lot of fun playing around with it last night mostly just doing championship stuff.

Question: Can you actually win cars from the Wheelspin thing? All I've managed to get is credit bonuses, and I'm at like level 16 or something.

And what someone else said earlier, I wouldn't mind a very basic character creator for the next Horizon. Something as basic as male/female, skin tone, hair color, and a few clothes items.

Yeah, I wish I would have gotten the photo a little earlier when I had a little more air. It almost looks like a bug or something since its only a few inches up.

And I have won 2 cars on the wheel spin at level 12. For the most part, I think you are better off winning cash. I won a Fiat 500 abarth which is like a 20,000 car and an Evo X which was like a 40,000 car. You end up winning about that much cash anyway and with cash you can buy whatever you want. I suppose there might be a super expensive car or two on the wheel which would be awesome to win but they arent great for the most part. Winning the Evo was cool because I didnt have one, but what the gently caress am I going to do with a Fiat

I would also love customization for characters. The fact that everyone is a white dude in that game is pretty lame

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Yeah, I wish I would have gotten the photo a little earlier when I had a little more air. It almost looks like a bug or something since its only a few inches up.

And I have won 2 cars on the wheel spin at level 12. For the most part, I think you are better off winning cash. I won a Fiat 500 abarth which is like a 20,000 car and an Evo X which was like a 40,000 car. You end up winning about that much cash anyway and with cash you can buy whatever you want. I suppose there might be a super expensive car or two on the wheel which would be awesome to win but they arent great for the most part. Winning the Evo was cool because I didnt have one, but what the gently caress am I going to do with a Fiat

I would also love customization for characters. The fact that everyone is a white dude in that game is pretty lame

Except when you only get like 5K. That has happened to me twice now.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

A c E posted:

Except when you only get like 5K. That has happened to me twice now.
At least with VIP it doubles your credits.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

I won the $200,000 Bentley from that wheel thing. The most money I've won from it is $75k.

Edit: What's the best car to get big air? I'm trying to get this exp board in the area south of Sisteron, but I can barely get halfway high enough.

Edit 2: Ok nevermind. I was trying to jump off those steps. Turns out there's a huge ramp on the other side of the wall. Doh

subroc fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 2, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I got 100k on a spin last night. Forza is back to giving out money like candy just like the good ol days. I have like 650k after 5 hours or so of playing, haha

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I got some fancy AMG car that was pretty expensive, and a bunch of 'lesser' cars. I kind of want to know what the wheel spin perk does in regards to the cars, if anything.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Atmus posted:

I got some fancy AMG car that was pretty expensive, and a bunch of 'lesser' cars. I kind of want to know what the wheel spin perk does in regards to the cars, if anything.

I got 1 car in 5 or 6 spins after unlocking that perk, but it was the fiat500. I had only gotten one car in the 18 or so spins before.

With VIP it also gives you the value of the car in ForzaBux as a bonus.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

hojusimpson posted:

Behind the hangar, there's a convenient ramp. I came close to the sign using the Ariel Atom -- I aimed to the right -- but haven't smashed through the drat thing yet. I'm hoping to give it another go tomorrow.
Remember to abuse the rewind function on this one. It'll make your life a lot easier.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So I noticed that "car meets discovered" is listed as 3/6 on my discovery items, even though I've been to all 6. Does this mean something different than I'm thinking it does?

I did have the game hard lock on me a few nights ago as I was pulling into the car meet in Sisteron, I wonder if that messed something up. :(

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

At least with VIP it doubles your credits.

That is true and my last spin last night was for the max which I think was $100,000, and with the VIP it was doubled so I can't really complain. Just sucks when you finally get a spin and win basically nothing.

I wish the buying cars menu would go quicker. Loading skins, saving the car, etc takes way longer than I expected. I was trying to buy all the DLC cars quickly but gave up since it was taking way longer than expected.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

A c E posted:

That is true and my last spin last night was for the max which I think was $100,000, and with the VIP it was doubled so I can't really complain. Just sucks when you finally get a spin and win basically nothing.

I wish the buying cars menu would go quicker. Loading skins, saving the car, etc takes way longer than I expected. I was trying to buy all the DLC cars quickly but gave up since it was taking way longer than expected.

This bugs me about Forza 5, too. I wish there was a "Buy all the cars I don't have until I run out of money, paint them all white." Option.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I honestly don't know why they don't list the manufacturers, and then you click on the manufacturers to view the cars, like FM4. Only thing I can think of is so that you're forced to look at all the DLC cars you don't have so you get so mad about not having access to them that you begrudgingly give them all of your moneys for DLC. Yeah, that worked on me in FM5 so maybe that's the angle.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

I honestly don't know why they don't list the manufacturers, and then you click on the manufacturers to view the cars, like FM4. Only thing I can think of is so that you're forced to look at all the DLC cars you don't have so you get so mad about not having access to them that you begrudgingly give them all of your moneys for DLC. Yeah, that worked on me in FM5 so maybe that's the angle.

Which is weird, because I don't think a VIP pass person has had to actually buy DLC for 5 yet, and I think most people do have VIP right now.

Edit: Wait, no, that was stupid. I meant Car pass, nevermind.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Oh man tough decision time, need to choose between 'Fast Travel Anywhere' perk and 'It's a Lottery', the latter will give me a better prize on the wheelspin. I think however that I'm going to choose the fast travel one because then it'll hopefully make getting to some far off billboards much easier.

Anyone else have an opinion?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Double post for a reason. Was in game and just saw that I was gifted my rewards money as well as a bunch of cars so if you were waiting on those things you should be able to get them now.

Also I ended up going with the fast travel perk instead of the lottery.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If it were my decision I'd have gone with the lottery one, driving around is the whole point of the game! I don't think I ever used Fast Travel in Horizon 1, and the map really doesn't seem as big as they made it out to be in this one so I'm not likely going to use it now.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Maneki Neko posted:

[...]"car meets [...]"

Got some more playing time in last night in Nice and one of the things I was directed to do was go to a car meet. So, um, can anyone tell me the point of these things? I couldn't do anything with my car, couldn't move around to explore. All I could do is sit there, next to other racers. I assume they're other online players that I can talk to? I wasn't in a social mood (LOL Goons), so I just left the car meet not long after I got there to satisfy that annoying British dude that tells me the obvious before every race.

real_scud posted:

Double post for a reason. Was in game and just saw that I was gifted my rewards money as well as a bunch of cars so if you were waiting on those things you should be able to get them now.

Also I ended up going with the fast travel perk instead of the lottery.

Fast travel anywhere as a perk?! I want that perk sooo badly. I hope it's not expensive in terms of skill points to unlock that. The bucket list challenges have not been fun so far, so I want to do them later. But I don't want to have to drive from town to town.

---

I LOVE how generous the game is with the money. Disabling almost all assists (I still use the braking line and ABS assists) and disabling rewinds nets me something like an additional ~65% bonus on top of the very generous payouts. When I made some money, I went out and bought the Ford Sportvan thing. I also pimped out the 360 Challenge Stradale you're gifted when you beat the air show team in the first city. I was down to 10,000 CR or so. Four races later, I was sitting at over 120,000. Besides the race winnings, the game hands out so much XP per race that sometimes, I've been getting two spins from leveling up so quickly.

I've managed to land on some crazy CR rewards per spin. Now, I'm torn between continuing to win races in the Ferarri, or pimp out the van and run it online.

If the community is anything like Forza 5's, It'll be fun to totally piss people off for running the van. At least in FM5, people get MAD for even showing up at a race in a van. Doubly so if you're able to be competitive with the rest of the field!

I've been having a poo poo day today. I think it might just be time to troll..

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Dolemite posted:

Got some more playing time in last night in Nice and one of the things I was directed to do was go to a car meet. So, um, can anyone tell me the point of these things? I couldn't do anything with my car, couldn't move around to explore. All I could do is sit there, next to other racers. I assume they're other online players that I can talk to? I wasn't in a social mood (LOL Goons), so I just left the car meet not long after I got there to satisfy that annoying British dude that tells me the obvious before every race.

Just to look at peoples cars I guess? I'm not a big car nerd, so I dunno.

I will say that unlocking the perk to put a camera icon over any car you haven't photographed yet for Horizon promo is super handy. Does Horizon Promo end when you've photographed every car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Are the 360 players pretty happy with the game? I've only read good things about the xbone version.

• Locked thread