Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Yodzilla posted:

can someone please explain the use case to me where i'd want all of my mobile apps on both my iDevice and my computer and have poo poo sync every time i plug it in

for real i don't get it

it's much easier to manage apps if you do it that way

for example, getting tomtom or some other large app onto a 16GB or less device is basically impossible without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
lol at the idea that grown adults expend effort getting emulators on their mobile phones

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
new ios8 bug: music player diminishes volume if you lock the screen while it's in the foreground.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

ios 8 bug

it kinda sucks

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

family sharing has stopped working in the App Store on my iPhone number 5. it does work in the iTunes Store and in my iPad

it worked yesterday. this is not acceptable Tim

please fix it ASAP

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

also in app purchases are not shared using family sharing

everyone will switch their paid apps to use in app purchases now. this sounds like a pretty big design flaw tim

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm not sure what folks are complaining about, ios is as stable and fully featured as always

...wait, oh i forgot i'm running ios 5 :smug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Stymie posted:

i'm not sure what folks are complaining about, ios is as stable and fully featured as always

...wait, oh i forgot i'm running ios 5 :smug:

ios 5 stinks and you stink

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beeftweeter posted:

ios 5 stinks and you stink

i'll be awaiting your angry imessage as soon as you can get the messages app working properly

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Stymie posted:

i'll be awaiting your angry imessage as soon as you can get the messages app working properly

it works perfectly fine

i even sent a picture of a guy that looked like borat that was filling up a bentley at a gas station a few hours ago to someone

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
ios8 has pushed me into getting an iphone 6 my 4s simply doesnt cut the mustard anymore

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

ios8 has pushed me into getting an iphone 6 my 4s simply doesnt cut the mustard anymore

Just purchase a 5S, Pissflaps.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

triple sulk posted:

Just purchase a 5S, Pissflaps.

i dont want an old phone though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fyi here is the picture

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

i dont want an old phone though

It's not old. It was released in September of 2013. In fact it is still available for purchase today through any Apple Store or on Apple.com.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
get a 6 pissflaps

the handfeel is grade A plus

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

triple sulk posted:

It's not old. It was released in September of 2013. In fact it is still available for purchase today through any Apple Store or on Apple.com.

yeah but there's a new one out thats a year newer

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

well, not only did the battery meter not yield anything useful for my wife's phone, it now appears to be :2fast2furious: all the time and runs out of battery from a full charge in like 4 hours

just as well i dumped the 7.1.2 shsh for her phone prior to updating, might just downgrade her os install on her phone

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

univbee posted:

well, not only did the battery meter not yield anything useful for my wife's phone, it now appears to be :2fast2furious: all the time and runs out of battery from a full charge in like 4 hours

just as well i dumped the 7.1.2 shsh for her phone prior to updating, might just downgrade her os install on her phone

is it an iphone 5? if you bring it in for the sleep/wake button replacement they will give you a new battery also

if its a 4s just buy a new battery they're cheap and easy to replace yourself

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Anyone have details on WiFi calling, a 5s seems to work no problems, a 5c has the option but the carrier blocks the feature, and a 4s shows nothing. All on the same network, tmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

shameful

• Locked thread