Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. What's the official world on upgrading Founder packages? I may risk 50 bucks, but 100 is a harder pill to swallow without trying the game beforehand.

If I understand what I'm reading, you can send 10 coordinated newbies against a high level character, wipe him out and steal his equipment, then use it against the rest of his guild/sell it in the market. This is guerilla tactics at its finest.

What I mean is that Goons will love this amount of griefing potential. You'll have as many recruits as needed, and then some.

You can theoretically one-combo a High Tier player with 5 or so Tier 3 archers, which is incredibly cheap and easy to make or buy.

That being said, me and only two others ended up killing three guys tonight running around on their mounts with Tier 5 gear with this setup. None of us can use any of it so we have a mismatch of random Tier 5 and 6 gear in our stashes. It's all about catching people on their mounts because they can't fight back for a long time even after they dismount.

The game is surprisingly fluid and playable for an alpha, I think the only reason it is in alpha is the lack of features implemented in it, but this generally isn't a problem in sandbox games as your main feature is the player on player interaction. I haven't come across any bugs, save for a bug that randomly disconnects me from games every once in a while at the worst possible times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

For farming, it seems that using plate armor is the most viable option. The damage bonus from archers and mages isn't significant enough to warrant their low health and defensive stats. If taunt wasn't broken/inconsistent then groups that have archers would be good. For pvp each type of gear has it's benefits, but from what I've seen is that even archers wear plate armor, leather seems to be the weakest right now.

Whenever me and my friends are rolling around for pvp, we're never mounted. The only time we bring horses is when we're in T4 or above. We usually just pvp in T3 leather because its so dirt cheap and effective. We don't even bring mounts because it quadruples the cost of our armor and weapons.

I think the only way to tell the tax on a shop is to actually visit it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

The best endgame goal is to be the best.

• Locked thread