Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madcow
Mar 20, 2006

slouch posted:

As someone who only has a weakling of a linux laptop and an Android smartphone, this is very interesting to me. Is a Nexus 5 strong enough to run the game or are you expected to be running it on a tablet if you are going the mobile route?

They haven't said tablet only, but in the video I watched of them talking about cross-platform functionality, they only mentioned and showed Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS/Android Tablets. They said nothing of phones. I would assume phones are excluded for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I am pretty sure I read that they are working on adding stealth, but I may be mistaken about that.

The whole destiny board thing looks like a fun/different take on the traditional level grind.

I hope this game lives up to its potential. It is looking like it will be good times, if so. :dance:

Edit: Here is a post from earlier this year by the Founder/CEO mentioning how stealth is in the works: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/1170-stealth/?postID=8374#post8374

madcow fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 22, 2014

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

They updated their 6 month roadmap: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/5785-New-6-Months-Roadmap/?postID=61228#post61228

They talk about some of the things people have mentioned in this thread and a lot of other things.

Seems like it should be good if they can deliver.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Dustoph posted:

Is this thread slow because no one is playing it, because it is bad, or both?

Because the game isn't even out yet. Come back next Spring/Summer.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

I don't get the flagging thing they are going for.

"People can still attack each other freely in PvP zones with the exception that friendly players cannot attack other friendly players."

That seems to me like if you are flagged as friendly, you are 100% not involved in pvp no matter what zone you are in. I didn't read all 16 pages of that thread so maybe I'm missing something. Am I reading that wrong?

Unless I am not remembering correctly, the flagging system won't apply in every zone, just certain select zones, the dev/ceo explains the whole concept further down in the thread.

• Locked thread