Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

opop do you think pmom is on the second scum team?

If they aren't on yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that's -1

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Opopanax posted:

If they aren't on yours

i'm tnhe only scum on my team.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mills posted:

PM's PR sounds town to me (it's a pretty useless scum power to go 50/50).

Rarity's PR could easily be scum and JakeP is dieing regardless.

I agree with Mills about PM. Someone posted that PM could power-up from winning the Thunderdome which could make it a scum role. I think that's an interesting theory, but it doesn't match the content from PM. PM, before that theory was put out (I think), said we should no lynch. If she powered up in any way from winning the Thunderdome, she would have been pushing for us to lynch JakeP because "he'll die anyway n1 like he's claimed."

I disagree with Mills about Rarity. What would be the point of Rarity claiming that role if she's scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mills might be scum. That rarity thing is... not great.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mills posted:

And Rarity is the lowest form of scum.

I'm not even sure if Mills is actually calling Rarity scum. He says that Rarity's role could be scum, and then this quoted post could be a joke. Mills, do you think Rarity is scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I had the thunderdome role, and it powered me up when I won or survived, I would probably do a dummy one d1 to get people on board, and combine that with a promise to do a "better one" tomorrow

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Opopanax posted:

If I had the thunderdome role, and it powered me up when I won or survived, I would probably do a dummy one d1 to get people on board, and combine that with a promise to do a "better one" tomorrow

but he said he could only do it once, if he did it again we'd just pick him

or pick me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Possibly, but there's no way I'd advocate a no lynch after JakeP claimed he'll die d1 anyway. She also said she wouldn't use the thing until d4 or d5.

However... I guess there's a thing I'm missing here: What's the point of this role? If she doesn't power up, why even have the role in the game? Why would you ever use it?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if i use it and we cuddle a scum, i get to do another one in two days
if i use it and we get a no lynch, i get to to another one in (??) days
if i use it and we cuddle a notscum, i lose the power.

that's it!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

Possibly, but there's no way I'd advocate a no lynch after JakeP claimed he'll die d1 anyway. She also said she wouldn't use the thing until d4 or d5.

However... I guess there's a thing I'm missing here: What's the point of this role? If she doesn't power up, why even have the role in the game? Why would you ever use it?

the point of the role is flavor, it's fanfic mafia. thunderdome is a writing competition on SA between two people in some forum

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm guessing this entire game was built around the idea of "let's put thunderdome in a mafia"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That makes sense I guess. Shouldn't it require that they post fanfic that is judged by the thread or something though?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

merk posted:

Byers2142 posted:

Let's not try to setup spec the crazy stupid powers game, yeah?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That is, if it's purely a flavor role, it doesn't do a good job of purely being a flavor role.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The bulk of this discussion isn't setup spec.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

That makes sense I guess. Shouldn't it require that they post fanfic that is judged by the thread or something though?

probably!

but there are also like 10 more people in the game than originally planned. i know the last ten roles or so I had to make up for april fools were pretty terrible. sorry ypm

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'd also say, it'd be a good townie role if you knew somebody was scum (high gut read, scummy nature, etc) and you were pretty much cleared as town, but the rest of the game wasn't focusing in on a target and kept letting the scum slip by. it makes sense on like day 4+, I think.

it also works on d1 from a modding standpoint because if you can't limit the focus you're never going to get 18 people to agree on a lynch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

i'd also say, it'd be a good townie role if you knew somebody was scum (high gut read, scummy nature, etc) and you were pretty much cleared as town, but the rest of the game wasn't focusing in on a target and kept letting the scum slip by. it makes sense on like day 4+, I think.

it also works on d1 from a modding standpoint because if you can't limit the focus you're never going to get 18 people to agree on a lynch

Very true.

Poque, what do you think about Mills saying Rarity is scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

The bulk of this discussion isn't setup spec.

The bulk isn't, but saying it doesn't fit in the game is.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There are also 35 people in the game so I won't be super sad if a lot die today

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

Very true.

Poque, what do you think about Mills saying Rarity is scum?

rarity is low-hanging fruit to make a bad argument against, and that's normal for her

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

til diqnol is undateable

Ehhh???!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

rarity is low-hanging fruit to make a bad argument against, and that's normal for her

What do you think that says about Mills' alignment?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I disagree with Mills about Rarity. What would be the point of Rarity claiming that role if she's scum?

To explain why she had a thunderdome the next day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

What do you think that says about Mills' alignment?

objection, leading question

but in actuality, you're right. it's not good.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

To explain why she had a thunderdome the next day.

wrong. she claimed because people were voting jake, and jake had claimed he would die at night. rarity did not want to inherit his power if it meant she would die too

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i meant to finish the "it's not good" thought but got distracted by diqnol.

to call rarity scum for those reasons makes no sense when her motivation was clear

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
btw, I lied again. this is my true flavor character:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poque posted:

wrong. she claimed because people were voting jake, and jake had claimed he would die at night. rarity did not want to inherit his power if it meant she would die too

Survival makes it a null read in my book. If she inherits the first lynch's PR and the first lynch's PR is to die N1 (still want more information on that from Jake) then regardless of alignment she'd want that stopped.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's reasonable, Poque, hadn't considered that. Kind of a null tell then!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Byers2142 posted:

Survival makes it a null read in my book. If she inherits the first lynch's PR and the first lynch's PR is to die N1 (still want more information on that from Jake) then regardless of alignment she'd want that stopped.

yep.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

anime gently caress pillow posted:

That's reasonable, Poque, hadn't considered that. Kind of a null tell then!

Gotta be faster than that!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
scum (on the other scum team) don't want to die because scum. town wouldn't want to die because this is a silly game and it's worth sticking around.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Town is less scared of dying but needlessly dying as town the next night isn't good either unless jake's role is clutch as heck

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

objection, leading question

but in actuality, you're right. it's not good.

That isn't a leading question. Even if it were a leading question, which it is not, leading questions are appropriate for cross examination.

This is a leading question: After looking over Mills' content, you came to the conclusion that he is scum, isn't that right?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Gotta be faster than that!

Phone posting at work :shrug:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

i meant to finish the "it's not good" thought but got distracted by diqnol.

to call rarity scum for those reasons makes no sense when her motivation was clear

Diqnol, what do you think about Mills' alignment?

Byers, you too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

That isn't a leading question. Even if it were a leading question, which it is not, leading questions are appropriate for cross examination.

This is a leading question: After looking over Mills' content, you came to the conclusion that he is scum, isn't that right?

sure. it should be a null tell at worst, like we just established. pushing it in the direction of scum and treating it as scumhunting is bad.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque posted:

scum (on the other scum team) don't want to die because scum. town wouldn't want to die because this is a silly game and it's worth sticking around.

Dying in a silly game is okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
well maybe not 'treating it as scumhunting' but 'treating it as scumcatching' i guess

• Locked thread