Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So Byers case is that Andy treated him and Poque differently, although Andy voted for Poque right out of the gate and then proceeded to not care immediately after that. I get where Byers is coming from that these posts don't make a lot of sense even if he skipped the majority of the thread

CapnAndy posted:

I don't really "get" this game, Byers are you really scumclaiming

CapnAndy posted:

##vote byers because he's scum? I guess?

He apparently 100% missed that Poque did the same thing for 2 days plus the pregame, which is fairly hard to believe. But looking at the context of his vote on Poque it wasn't that Poque claimed scum, but that derp said he made Poque lynchproof.

uranus posted:

my n0 action was to make pock lynchproof for the day

CapnAndy posted:

Let's find out?

##vote poque

So maybe he did miss it, which means he's an rear end in a top hat for not paying even the slightest amount of attention to the game and I'd like to kill him for that alone. I find it extremely hard to believe, but I suppose possible based on the content of his posts.

But honestly the thing that makes me doubt he is scum more than that is that he was pushing for you to die when it would kill Diqnol. Presumably Diqnol told his scumbros that you had made you guys lovers, so they wouldn't be wanting to kill you. I'm gonna be more suspicious of the people who didn't want you dead before Diqnol died but do want you dead now, which is PMom and Opop. Oh god now I have to go read them too. Down the mafia rabbit hole!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

Hey person in the other thread, I really like your case. It's pretty good, I thought the bit where went over the times they were posting and compared them to other posters was particularly convincing.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

And no I haven't really looked at Prop. I guess I can do that after looking at Opop and PMom, but man I have other things to do today this is gonna take forever.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Asiina posted:

But honestly the thing that makes me doubt he is scum more than that is that he was pushing for you to die when it would kill Diqnol. Presumably Diqnol told his scumbros that you had made you guys lovers, so they wouldn't be wanting to kill you. I'm gonna be more suspicious of the people who didn't want you dead before Diqnol died but do want you dead now, which is PMom and Opop. Oh god now I have to go read them too. Down the mafia rabbit hole!

Oh poo poo, I missed that. Yeah, vote for me is a sidewise bus on a scumbro immediately after losing another scumbro in Poque, they'd want to wait and see before jumping on if it happened, not vote right away.

##unvote

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Pmom's got the D1 Thunderdome issue. If you can't see a scum trapping themselves in a Thunderdome with town D1, then PMom's not scum. Opop is... I don't even know what Opop is this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
For the record, I do believe that Poque was fakeclaiming scum D1 and then turned scum with the help of DHD. I'm not sure whether he knew his scum team or not after getting switched, but I believe D1 Poque was town.

He did breadcrumb it well and the fact that Poque flipped scum goon in a role madness game makes me think that's not what he started with.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You make a good point about CapnAndy and the Byers/Diqnol lover situation. ##unvote

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Mafia theory is a reference to the fact that there are certain things that are traits of scum and not town and I only look at those things without much variance.
I hate that line of thought with the undying fire of a thousand stars.

Asiina posted:

Analysis of me
This analysis is good and correct. Game turned into a trainwreck, and not even the fun kind, and I got bored and wandered away. When it turned back into mafia I came back! :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

This analysis is good and correct. Game turned into a trainwreck, and not even the fun kind, and I got bored and wandered away. When it turned back into mafia I came back! :)

Don't throw your :) poo poo at me. You were checked out from the beginning. I don't think you're scum, but still think you are a jerk for your behaviour in this game.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

I kinda want to lynch andy for the post where he says he was happy lurking alone but this is a very good point. I'd like to point out that Uranus also fits into the category of calling for byers death only post diqnol's death:

uranus posted:

i dont trust vampoires. kill buyers

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If I were lazy like you I would have just gone along with the case and never bothered to look into it on my own.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Which by the way you could have defended yourself instead of having someone else do it for you and just posting

CapnAndy posted:

Christ, do I actually have to defend myself, I thought that case was self-evidently silly

Because its entire lynchpin was that I've been paying attention at all

I kinda wish I didn't now so you'd actually have to do your own work.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

this game finally started and it's just getting good, and, i mean i'm just assuming you're town here, but i think deathmatch is tantamount to a stupid town v. town thunderdome. i just don't find the idea appealing.

Why did you assume Opop was town? Most of his posts don't have anything to do with actually playing mafia.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Asiina posted:

Don't throw your :) poo poo at me. You were checked out from the beginning. I don't think you're scum, but still think you are a jerk for your behaviour in this game.
I signed up to play mafia and if you think this was a game of mafia for the first two days I think we have some fundamental disagreements to work out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

I signed up to play mafia and if you think this was a game of mafia for the first two days I think we have some fundamental disagreements to work out.

You're a player in this game just like everybody else. Lamenting that the game isn't being played "right" and saying you have no intentions of contributing or reading the game until other people start playing for real is lazy and stupid.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Asiina posted:

You're a player in this game just like everybody else. Lamenting that the game isn't being played "right" and saying you have no intentions of contributing or reading the game until other people start playing for real is lazy and stupid.
Wrong tense, though? I'm playing now, I'm not holding out for some "playing right" or whatever, but hey, cool personal attacks, bro! Totally called for!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Super loving sorry that I wanted to play mafia instead of judging pictures of a potato sucking Spider-Man's uncensored cock or whatever, oh wait, no I'm not

at all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Wrong tense, though? I'm playing now, I'm not holding out for some "playing right" or whatever, but hey, cool personal attacks, bro! Totally called for!

Oh sorry, is that not allowed in your version of mafia either? You should write down your list of rules somewhere so we all know how to play in the future so you feel comfortable contributing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Super loving sorry that I wanted to play mafia instead of judging pictures of a potato sucking Spider-Man's uncensored cock or whatever, oh wait, no I'm not

at all

Tremendous Taste posted:

Like Fanfiction, this game itself will be weird and bizarre. :siren:THIS IS GOING TO BE A ROLE MADNESS GAME. TASTE HAS MADE A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAZY ROLES. THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE MOST BALANCED GAME, BUT IT MOST CERTAINLY WILL BE EXTREMELY INTERESTING. JUST KNOW FOREWARNED THAT THIS GAME WILL BE BONKERS.:siren: Also, there will be challenges every day for a chance for fantastic extra abilities.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Asiina posted:

Oh sorry, is that not allowed in your version of mafia either? You should write down your list of rules somewhere so we all know how to play in the future so you feel comfortable contributing.
Yes here is the list

1) No personal attacks
2) Why are you insulting somebody about a stupid internet party game
3) What is wrong with you
4) Like, do you have actual brain problems, because I can be understanding, I really can
5) Maybe take a step back, think about how this is where your life led you

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
fart

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no uranus this beyond fart
its shart

shart

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Those aren't rules. I don't think you know what rules are.

Also be less stupid and lazy and maybe I won't call you stupid and lazy.

And if you want something constructive, look at fv's posts. She was also someone who wanted to play serious mafia but instead of popping in with useless "hi I'm not reading anything that happened in the last 500 posts and I'm going to lurk because I don't care" she actually makes an effort. Good job fv, it didn't go unnoticed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapnAndy posted:

at all

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?tj6WxRzX7Yo
##vote CapnAndy

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 29, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You disabled embedding on your own video capps.

For shame.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no i just edited my post trying to fix it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Just role, or alignment as well?

Just role, alignment still flips.

We've been over this 3 times now :negative:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OH NO

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

Can we please get a votecount? I don't even know if I can vote.

Merk someone posted a votecount last time you asked for it. Now you're just being lazy man. Yes you can vote today.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
apparently youtube changed their settings so all unlisted videos automatically disable embedding

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Byers2142 (2): Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, CapnAndy, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Magnus Gallant, soscannonballs, Asiina, Byers2142, Asiina, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, CapnAndy, soscannonballs, Pinterest Mom
Rarity (2): Asiina, Propaganda Machine
uranus (1): Puntification
CapnAndy (1): Byers2142, soscannonballs, Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Byers2142, soscannonballs, mr.capps
merk (1): merk
Propaganda Machine (1): Rarity
Pinterest Mom (1): Pinterest Mom
Puntification (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (8): Byers2142, CapnAndy, Dugong, Ernie., JakeP, soscannonballs, uranus, Your Personal Muse

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 30th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj6WxRzX7Yo
##vote capnandy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it still doesn't work!!
youtube!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh capps. :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im so angry

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its the perfect video to vote capandy with

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

UGHHHHHH CAPPPPPPPPPS.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Why you gotta edit your posts for something dumb. . .

Please stand by conferring with Mod hive Mind.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr. Hurt posted:

Why you gotta edit your posts for something dumb. . .

Please stand by conferring with Mod hive Mind.

i wasn't thinking hurt

there was only me... and the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You just really really wanted to blast some idiot and char all his kids. I get it. I totally get it.

• Locked thread