Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Taste has made some amazing roles for this thread. This will either end up in a hilarious trainwreck or an incredible triumph but either way it will be a lot of fun.

Player list.
  1. Adus
  2. anime gently caress pillow
  3. Asiina
  4. Big Nothing
  5. Byers2142
  6. CapnAndy
  7. chaoslord
  8. DuckHuntDog
  9. Dugong
  10. Ernie.
  11. fiery_valkyrie
  12. Hal Incandenza
  13. JakeP
  14. Jefepato
  15. Kitiara
  16. Kumbamontu
  17. Little Mac
  18. Magnus Gallant
  19. Meinberg
  20. merk
  21. MildManeredManikin
  22. Mills
  23. mr.capps
  24. Opopanax
  25. Pinterest Mom
  26. Poque
  27. Power of Pecota
  28. Propaganda Machine
  29. Puntification
  30. Rarity
  31. soscannonballs
  32. uranus
  33. winvirus
  34. Your Personal Muse
  35. yuming

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also Kirk and Spock look underaged in that picture so now I am thoroughly disturbed.

It's okay they are really 500 year old beings in a 9 year old anime body.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Just for you, once the game starts I will share so of the very best snippets.

You're welcome.

You might want to hoard some of the very best snippets for when the daily contests start. Wouldn't want to give away a free action because someone else used some of your prime material.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Did you mean to say Charles Guiteau?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Nah I think you should share that one now to entice some folks who might be on the fence to join.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Are we required to keep our fanfic SFW

Hahahahahahahajajajajhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahhahaahahahahahahaha

Everything is fair game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

PMs aren't going to be going out until tomorrow.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The only thing I've got for you tonight Poque is this.

Pink posted:

There is one and a million things that Craig Pelton would like to do to Jeff’s impossibly pink, heart-shaped mouth, for example:
Feed it strawberries as sweet as his lips must taste;

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Your Personal Muse posted:

If you sent me an invite yet had no room for me in this game I'm gonna be so mad.

This has a flexible setup so there is space for you.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You are the "Bart the General" of Mafia.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

You came to me, on the day of my daughters wedding, to describe to me, this game, you call mafia?

Leave the scum, take the cannoli.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The only cat I care about.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You haven't even seen the roles yet. :henget:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello fanfic fans. The game will still be rolling with me at the helm and taste in a google doc. Tonight role pms will be going out.

I am phone posting right now, but around 3:30/4 I will make an official list. Mmm if those folks want to play tell them to they have to post in here themselves.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MildManeredManikin posted:

That didn't stop you guys from signing me up :(

I have no idea why taste did that and am still slightly confused about that. If you don't want to play just say so.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It could have been earlier if somebody didn't get probated.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Look at this obvious 3p over here.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

We like to assign flavor based on a given player's posting style.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello folks. I just got home from school maybe 20 minutes ago. Short staff meeting my rear end. I am working on getting things handled in my personal life right now (on hold with insurance right now) but I am in touch with taste and sometime tonight the PMs will be getting out. In the meantime play another Poque quick game or just yell at each other.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

By the way here is the player list. I am capping the list here. any more players will be added to replacements. Also editing this list into my first post page 1.

1. Adus
  2. anime gently caress pillow
  3. Asiina
  4. Big Nothing
  5. Byers2142
  6. CapnAndy
  7. chaoslord
  8. DuckHuntDog
  9. Dugong
  10. Ernie.
  11. fiery_valkyrie
  12. Hal Incandenza
  13. JakeP
  14. Jefepato
  15. Kitiara
  16. Kumbamontu
  17. Little Mac
  18. Magnus Gallant
  19. Meinberg
  20. merk
  21. MildManeredManikin
  22. Mills
  23. mr.capps
  24. Opopanax
  25. Pinterest Mom
  26. Poque
  27. Power of Pecota
  28. Propaganda Machine
  29. Puntification
  30. Rarity
  31. soscannonballs
  32. uranus
  33. winvirus
  34. Your Personal Muse
  35. yuming

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Here's a good fanfic: Pinterest Mom's game starts and everyone likes it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Here's another good fanfic: Taste and I kick off this game tonight and we win Mafia Game of the Year award.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

All the additional player roles have been written and are ready. We will be sending role pms out soon!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Nah, but if that is your personal headcanon I can't stop you from imagining it. My story does end with Lowtax giving us a key to the city though.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You are a POOP aligned Big Butt Face. Every night you select three players to poop on to unknown effect. You smell bad.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Me too. I need to know f_v's role now

Dr. Hurt posted:

You are a POOP aligned Big Butt Face. Every night you select three players to poop on to unknown effect. You smell bad.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Salutations fans of fiction. Or in some cases fiction of fans of fiction. This is how it all began. My mother always told me there was a great prophecy. A prophecy that would require true heroes to rise up. And that weapon that the true hero welt, was love itself. Well love and poorly written smut. This was before the days of the great war. Before fics began being deleted for seemingly no reason because of "moral problems" or "being poorly written and if it actually happened in real life illegal in most states." No, now is a time for plans. A time for plans and OC's.

This is my first fic. Please treat kindly and don't flame.

As of right now it is Night 0. If you have any preactions please send them in to either myself or to Tremendous Taste. When all Night 0 actions have been sent in, we shall begin Day 1.

The first challenge will begin tomorrow.

To clarify, town wins when all threats to town are eliminated.
Scum wins with unassailable control of the vote.

Also MMM clear your PMs.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

:henget:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You mean like. . . MY FANTROLL?

that was a joke for Adus.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

When will night 0 end, and is the THUNDERDOME still active when D1 starts?

As the votefinder post said it is day 1. Pinterest mom has activated a thunderdome. You may only vote for Pinterest mom. Jakep. Or no lynch.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello fans of fiction! It is time to announce the first challenge.

In the world of fan fiction, nothing is as sacred as the dramatic reading. All the best fanfics have videos on YouTube or audio files floating around of people overacting the hell out of bad fiction. Your challenge should you accept it is to make your own dramatic reading. It does not have to be of your role fanfic, but it has to be of some sort of fan fiction.

You have until 8 pm Saturday to post your dramatic reading in thread. They will be judged by myself, taste, and a panel of special guest judges.

The thunderdome is in effect. You can only vote for Pinterest mom, jakep, and no lynch.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

is there a minimum required length

Minimum length requirement 90 seconds. Also whoever wins will get a very special gift!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Are we being judged on comedic value only?

You shall be judged on how well you deliver the material selected, comedic value, and overall presentation.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

True mod fact: I was going to use some Frasier fan fiction but when I looked it up there were so many docs available and they were almost all bland and I just got so overwhelmed. A traumatic experience involving tossed salad and scrbled eggs.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Stories, not docs.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MildManeredManikin posted:

Can I use 3-8 a-list actors to help create the perfect fan fiction reading?

Yes but they cannot be playing the game. Only you will be rewarded.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

uranus posted:

i did a reading of some twilight back when i had a good mic. does that count as fanfiction

Nope.

Magnus Gallant posted:

That's not fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Life is not fair. Only fan fiction is fair.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Diq and Kumba, if you want to take your time and do another reading to submit you are more than welcome to. You can only make one submission, but you can make and post as many as you want. Come Saturday just tell me what submission you want judged.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Player Favorite will also get a special prize. :getin:

And yes, no voting for yourselves, cheaterpants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You'll just have to compete and find out! :anime:

• Locked thread