Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

This is it... this is the last Mafia game I will ever sign up for. Let's do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I've never actually read a fanfic.

:getin:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

the bronte sisters wrote fan fiction

what a bunch of nerds

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Just for you, once the game starts I will share so of the very best snippets.

You're welcome.

I did once write some Garfield fanfic, where he was a delusion of John Wilkes Booth.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'll just make my own fanfic. Oh yes, it'll be glorious.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What if I ship players in this thread?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

This is going to be a trainwreck.

Reminds me of April Fools mafia.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I'm not sure if we're going to get started on time. Taste has been... probated!!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

This is the discussion thread right?

Pretty much.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Howdy gents. How's it going?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I like my role. It's pretty fun, I even get a N0 action! You'll see the results soon. Hopefully.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Poque posted:

Meinberg if your night 0 can make bad things happen to somebody, you should use it on me. i volunteer as tribute (this is not part of my fanfic, as i said above)

Sorry my friend. My powers are actually useless!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Poque, let's rap.

How much of this is an act? A put on show because you think it needs to be said. And how much of this is you genuinely not wanting to play the game? You can be honest with me. I won't judge you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

And so begins our bizarre adventure.

I have vitally important information I can provide to the player base. But I can only reveal a very limited amount of this information. I shall have to consider this... carefully.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Do we have to sex you to get the info? Will you reveal more with a few penetrating glances and heaved bosoms?

No, it's just that you guys are unlikely to believe what I have to say. Mostly because it's me saying it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Well yeah, but don't let that stop you. When you're dead we might even believe it.

I have my doubts. No one ever listens to me. :smith:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also, I'm only allowed to release a limited amount of the information I have access to. But this information is :siren:MOD CONFIRMED:siren:

I'm going to grab a smoke and think about it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Tell us everything.

I would if I could.

But what I will say is... Diqnol is town. More information may become clear based on my patterns of behavior.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jefepato posted:

Meinberg, are your restrictions really so bizarre that you can't even tell us what you can or can't tell us?

How do the limits on it work? Can we advise you at all on what to tell us?

I've actually said everything that I am allowed to say about my role. Good stuff.

You're the most belligerent player in the game, and you're pretty good at scumhunting when you're town. Knowing I can trust you, or that I should get rid of you, is a valuable insight.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hm, on the one hand, a D1 thunderdome is pretty shaky, since we don't have the slightest grasp on who is, and who is not scum yet.

On the other hand....

##vote Jakep

Jake sucks. :getin:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

You guys are dumb and talk too much.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hi Hal, how's it going?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

It's going good.

Glad to hear it!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I'm not going to start paying attention until there's a reasonable number of people in this game. :getin:

But I will be kind. ##vote poque

I am a man if mercy and compassion.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Puntification posted:

If mercy and compassion indeed. Except he said he was having the most fun he's ever had in mafia, so it's not kindness or a vote on someone you think is scum, which I think is scummy of you meinberg. Are you meinscum in this game?

Nah. I'm a good guy.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Poque posted:

help me lynch the claimed cop. ##vote meinberg

Jokes on you... I'm not a cop!!!!

My power is simultaneously more interesting and less powerful. But I can't tell you about it because that'd be cheating.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

uranus posted:

mineberg are you "flailing"

I don't think so. Do you think so?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Poque posted:

i think so.

Maybe you're right, and I am scum. I'll have to think on this.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Poque posted:

i forgive you.

I appreciate it. I feel the weight on my heart lifting.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I can't imagine any better possible conclusion to this game.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Why didn't PMach win at the end?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

if hal's lynch ended the game he and he alone won

You son of a bitch, Hal. Son of a bitch.

Good job!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

At the end of D1, I got to choose what faction I thought was going to win the game. I should have been smart and went with 3P, but no... I ended up thinking that scum would win. And I was so close to that goal. So close, but Hal's brilliant fuckery brought about my defeat.

Also, you guys are mean in those docs. :(

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jefepato posted:

I don't think MMM's flip actually said "scum" either, even though he was.

Meinberg what were your other questions?

Here are my original questions:

Does the scum team have more than one night kill?
Is there more than one scum team?
Are there any Third-Parties with night kills?
Is flavor related to alignment?

and

Is the game well balanced?

That last one was deemed an opinion and I tossed it out, and asked whether or not Diqnol was scum. The answer to every question was no.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I especially enjoyed the illiteracy induced modkills. That was an entertaining day to read.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

is literally everyone quitting mafia

I'm finished with Mafia myself. I just don't have the time and/or energy to apply to the game. Plus, I'm terrible at it. And everyone is always mean to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Adus posted:

meinberg you're a cool guy sorry i tried to lynch you i am bad at mafia and was just going on what little info i had

I'm actually cool with people. I just have trouble keeping the game and personal feelings separate, but with some distance, things get better. It's one of the reasons I shouldn't play Mafia, though.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will fight you right now Meinberg.

You contemptible fucker, taking away my victory when I stood so close to the glory of leaving Mafia on a win! I shall not abide this! Or something like that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

you got like the one bastard role too :[

Were the roles RNGed? Because I'm pretty sure that the Cassandra was built for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mills posted:

Not reading your role PM is unfair because it lets you post with a town mindset, regardless of alignment. It defeats the purpose of the entire concept of Mafia as a game.

Look at this idiot, thinking that this game was actually Mafia.

• Locked thread