Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Minrad posted:

how much dlc is there

kinda tempted to get it, but I don't think I'd play it after smash comes out, and I think Xenoblade might fill a bunch of time until then. Maybe I'll wait for some sale or some kind of DLC pack to get released

In total it'll be like, $50 of DLC I think

Curtain Call already includes all of the DLC from the first game and a LOT of new songs though first game had 70 songs in the base game and this one has 220+.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theatrhythm_Final_Fantasy:_Curtain_Call

Full tracklist including what is DLC at the bottom, there's way more than enough without the DLC

This game is really good. The only bad thing vs the last game is that they don't re-use any of the Event Songs (they changed the old ones to normal tracks) so instead of memorable scenes from FF history you get fuckin FF13-3 and Type 0 event songs and stuff

Not a huge deal because event songs are kind of boring and you play them once to see what's up and never again but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Will Work 4 Indigo and/or Peach Shards

Seriously those colors never come up as bounties for me.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Will Work 4 Indigo and/or Peach Shards

Seriously those colors never come up as bounties for me.

I just got a quest with 2 black shards as a reward :-)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I have a quest with 4 Peach shards I'll check when I get home. You know we can trade quests right

Also what happens if I unlock say all the red guys and I keep getting red shards? Cuz some of these colors are really common

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think I have a quest with 4 Peach shards I'll check when I get home. You know we can trade quests right

Also what happens if I unlock say all the red guys and I keep getting red shards? Cuz some of these colors are really common

They're then wasted. I try not to do quests with those anymore

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Not a huge deal because event songs are kind of boring and you play them once to see what's up and never again but still

I like the FFXIV one and I keep playing it over and over. :(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I thought that FF14 song was really bad :I the cinematic is cool but I don't like the song at all. The sidegames they added do have some good songs though

Do you stop getting free shards for Rhythmia eventually? There's no list I can find for Curtain Call yet

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also the first theatrythm kept unlocking songs up to like 99,000 rhytmia wtf

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I thought that FF14 song was really bad :I the cinematic is cool but I don't like the song at all. The sidegames they added do have some good songs though

Do you stop getting free shards for Rhythmia eventually? There's no list I can find for Curtain Call yet

After 10,000 it goes to every 500 to get anything and it gives you like one at a time when it does give you any crystals

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/730860-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/faqs/69256?page=5#Rhythmia Unlockables

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Unironically good game, but the ultimate scores are prob gonna give me carpal tunnel

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thx for the list, looks like you still unlock like CHocobo Dungeon songs and stuff eventually. The last song you get is at 40k and then it's almost entirely customization stuff for your profile card, chimes, and music players for the different games

Proficard Sephiroth is 200k lol, SE knows their audience

Also I had a whole lot of scrolls and I didn't realize you're supposed to equip them! Oops! I don't think I equipped a single item this whole time. I was just using potions and stuff for the quests.

Btw I don't think Anyone is using Ramza but his gimmick is pretty cool, all of his stats are equal but he gets an ability that raises 3 of them by like, 50 at level 40. Also he learns a whole bunch of stuff straight at level 2, instead of like the same skills at level 1,2,3.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Speaking of items, I found out that the Jeweled Ring usable item in Quest Medley mode will make the next stage drop any kind of crystal shard, including ones you've already maxed out on, so it might be better to use those earlier than later. I did, however, get a Black Shard from one and 3 Indigo Shards from another, so that was pretty nice.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Also the first theatrythm kept unlocking songs up to like 99,000 rhytmia wtf

songs for the music player, you got the final playable song at like 24000

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game is pretty good and people should buy it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I been playing it. My team is Rikku, Y'shtola, Ramza, Tifa.

It's good eh

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Speaking of items, I found out that the Jeweled Ring usable item in Quest Medley mode will make the next stage drop any kind of crystal shard, including ones you've already maxed out on, so it might be better to use those earlier than later. I did, however, get a Black Shard from one and 3 Indigo Shards from another, so that was pretty nice.

I was forced to use those once - on a particularly nasty quest I got an ultimate stage that I SSS'd but still didn't kill the boss of, with a party using scare that was mostly characters with maxed Str.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What do the passwords do beyond I assume pre order bonuses?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they give you cards

here's a list of the ones people have worked out so far in the NA version :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_sV4vh-dnzM3cXlMB4f8JVt5narab0yceaPK8Vt0e9I/edit#gid=0

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hey dudes I got a medium quest off a guy that gives I think 1 gold shard and 2 black? Is that good. I made it my profile card quest.

It's also cool cuz the quest was passed down over like 9 people and was originally spawned in April on the JP version of the game.

Also I maxed out my party of tidus cloud squall ramza, what do I do with these guys now. I don't want to switch them out because they blow through quests, bosses die as they spawn sometimes and tidus can get above 10,000 m on field songs. But also in wasting exp.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGXTCRhTQ

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Hey dudes I got a medium quest off a guy that gives I think 1 gold shard and 2 black? Is that good. I made it my profile card quest.

It's also cool cuz the quest was passed down over like 9 people and was originally spawned in April on the JP version of the game.

Also I maxed out my party of tidus cloud squall ramza, what do I do with these guys now. I don't want to switch them out because they blow through quests, bosses die as they spawn sometimes and tidus can get above 10,000 m on field songs. But also in wasting exp.

You can reset their level to 1 in their Abilities menu. They go back to level 1 with the stats and abilities they would have at level 1, but if you've taught them anything with scrolls or pumped them up with the Collectacard Crystarium they keep those bonuses. The point of doing this is it raises their Max CP each time you do it. The first time bumps it up 10, then 8, 8, 6, and I haven't done it past that yet.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You can reset their level to 1 in their Abilities menu. They go back to level 1 with the stats and abilities they would have at level 1, but if you've taught them anything with scrolls or pumped them up with the Collectacard Crystarium they keep those bonuses. The point of doing this is it raises their Max CP each time you do it. The first time bumps it up 10, then 8, 8, 6, and I haven't done it past that yet.

Thank you for this!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

me: i have a spare minute, i think ill do a vs match
*opponent picks one winged angel*
me: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

a guy named bill keeps pwning me

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

a guy named bill keeps pwning me

That's me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

me: i have a spare minute, i think ill do a vs match
*opponent picks one winged angel*
me: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

twice in one day gently caress

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gently caress judgment in versus

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

gently caress judgment in versus

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what does chain attack even do.

oops i used hp swap with a guy that has one hitpoint let xD

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

what does chain attack even do.

oops i used hp swap with a guy that has one hitpoint let xD

It does hp damage.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

This also arrived today

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Seshoho Cian posted:

This also arrived today

We should versus

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Widestancer posted:

We should versus

That would be cool. I don't think I actually beat the original so I'll probably need some time to practice though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Seshoho Cian posted:

That would be cool. I don't think I actually beat the original so I'll probably need some time to practice though

what do you count as "beat"

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

what do you count as "beat"

Played all the songs on all the higher difficulties

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

oh man the battle music from Mystic Quest is in this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DGaMDd5bE
gently caress this game rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dude from mystic quest is in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

as someone who stomached through it to the end getting sick of awakening and giving up on it is a reasonable "beat it" state

• Locked thread