Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
In the darkness 2 you're the head of a mob family and you can make giant snake monsters (metaphors for your giant mob boss dong) eat peoples hearts.

In every other mob game you shoot people with crappy guns and drive around a 1940s city a lot and it somehow manages to be more boring than actual driving.

the darkness 2 is the only good mob game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Saints Row 2

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Nasgate posted:

Saints Row 2

I'm talkin' the mafia. SPICY MEATBALLS!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I'm talkin' the mafia. SPICY MEATBALLS!

You put a dudes girlfriend in the trunk of a car and trick him into smashing it with his monster truck. Just because you're not italian and the people in your crew are attractive doesn't mean you're not a mob boss.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Nasgate posted:

You put a dudes girlfriend in the trunk of a car and trick him into smashing it with his monster truck. Just because you're not italian and the people in your crew are attractive doesn't mean you're not a mob boss.

ok fair point and to reply I wo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
does vice city count? vice city is a good game

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Uhh pizza tycoon was great tyvm

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
For some reason I have the Godfather game despite never having seen the movies, being able to be a black italian-american with a big santa beard dressed up like a 3rd street saint choking people out on the street is pretty fun, and I wish more games would let you do it.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Mob Rule

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I meant The Godfather II: The Game, woops!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Nasgate posted:

Woah, dark!

Did she deserve it?

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
mafia 2 was the worst fuckin game just because the protag's fat loving friend was always loving up and annoying and I just wanted to put a bullet between his eyebrows the entire time

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I understand not liking State of Emergency, but Wonderful 101 seems pretty well loved. What do you have against it OP?

Also The Last Guy was weird as gently caress

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MMORPG players call monsters "mobs". How about that, eh?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Falsum posted:

Mob Rule

i've been trying to remember the name oft hat game forever dude, thanks

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I keep hearing the Yakuza games are good OP.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
gangsters was the best loving RTS ever made and I swear I'll murder anyone who challenges me over this

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

gta4 was the worst fuckin game just because the protag's fat loving friend was always loving up and annoying and I just wanted to put a bullet between his eyebrows the entire time

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Mafia 1&2 were the worst. They actually forced you to obey the traffic laws. :stonk:

They were the most unfun games ever. Who the gently caress obeys traffic laws in sandbox games.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Ralp posted:

MMORPG players call monsters "mobs". How about that, eh?

that's gay much like you're face (ha ha jk ... but seriously, mob doesnt make sense in the context of modern mmos,

Dec 26, 2012

hello again, three month old thread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this game is a mob, but the OP should go to 'YOB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

In the darkness 2 you're the head of a mob family and you can make giant snake monsters (metaphors for your giant mob boss dong) eat peoples hearts.

In every other mob game you shoot people with crappy guns and drive around a 1940s city a lot and it somehow manages to be more boring than actual driving.

the darkness 2 is the only good mob game.

• Locked thread