Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Furism posted:

I wish I knew details about the Steam integration (achievements, game saves sync) before making a decision :(

The Steamdb page for the game lists cloud saving(User Cloud) and, currently, one achievement(Stats).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

TheCoon posted:

The Steamdb page for the game lists cloud saving(User Cloud) and, currently, one achievement(Stats).

Awesome. Steam it is!

It's not even a problem in fact because checking the Ranger Center page I just realized that a $30 pledge grant me TWO copies of the game. inXile is awesome.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
I'm trying to work out if I have the self control to not play until my physical edition shows up (do we know how the shipping on those works, yet?)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm pretty sure the tier I got has a few extra digital copies to hand out to friends, but since I'm a friendless loser if I figure out where the codes are stashed away I'll give them to some goons because I'm solid like that.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ddraig posted:

I'm pretty sure the tier I got has a few extra digital copies to hand out to friends, but since I'm a friendless loser if I figure out where the codes are stashed away I'll give them to some goons because I'm solid like that.

They are on the rewards page on the ranger center. And if you are just handing them out, I have a friend who would love a copy.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Interested in a Steam trade? :v:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm slightly confused. There's two keys on my ranger center rewards page.. one for the Deluxe copy. I think this one has already been redeemed as I have it on Steam already, so I'm not sure about that one. There's a second one that I just generated. Also for Steam.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ddraig posted:

I'm slightly confused. There's two keys on my ranger center rewards page.. one for the Deluxe copy. I think this one has already been redeemed as I have it on Steam already, so I'm not sure about that one. There's a second one that I just generated. Also for Steam.

The second one is your bonus key.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
If you preordered through Torment's Kickstarter and not through the original Wasteland kickstarter your key will be on the Torment inExile page instead.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Didn't bother with the Torment kickstarter... because I couldn't afford it by then, and I like my RPGs depressing and wastelandy. Probably why I'm such a big fan of stalker :v:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
If you decide to give the extra away, here is my friend's profile page so you know he's a goon. He backed torment and eternity, but not at the level to get a wasteland key.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=188481

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
@BrianFargo

A respected magazine confidentially let me know their review score for #wasteland2. A 9/10!

I hope a trend.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've only played a very brief part of the very early beta and even then it was pretty incredible.. particularly the atmosphere it invoked (particularly the snippets of radio chatter etc.)

I expect this game to get very solid reviews. Or there'll be hell to pay!

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

YEEE-HAW! Gonna rip me a clip and explode some muties like blood sausages!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we…

…what? We're almost there? WAAAAH! So how come the next two days feel so much longer than the last two years?! :derp:

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Friday is the 19th Quarex, not the 18th.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ddraig posted:

I'd sure appreciate a code if you happen to come across one.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Already given away all my extra codes sadly. Hope that means more Wasteland 2s cluttering up friendlists in the coming days.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'm not a super pro gamer but I put together a few tips regarding character creation. This is just basic stuff that I wish I had known when I first started.

Thanks for this, the team/character templates are especially helpful.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I'd sure appreciate a code if you happen to come across one.

Sorry, man. It's gone :( I'm sure there are more kindly goons out there, though. More people on the Wasteland 2 bandwagon the better!

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Is it confirmed $40? For some reason i thought the price was dropping after beta-buy in was done, to like 25 ish. huh.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I'm gonna' make a submachine gunner named Ian who only fires at enemies behind party members.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I bought it on steam and it's early access so I guess the final build is being released tonight then? So I should install it and wait for it to patch tonight before playing?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TerminalSaint posted:

I'm gonna' make a submachine gunner named Ian who only fires at enemies behind party members.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Weird that the boxed copy is selling on amazon at 40 but the only steam version is the 60 dollar digital deluxe one.

Ddraig posted:

Sorry, man. It's gone :( I'm sure there are more kindly goons out there, though. More people on the Wasteland 2 bandwagon the better!

No worries!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Agent355 posted:

So I bought it on steam and it's early access so I guess the final build is being released tonight then? So I should install it and wait for it to patch tonight before playing?

Pretty much. Just think of the install now as a playable preload.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

canada jezus posted:

Is it confirmed $40? For some reason i thought the price was dropping after beta-buy in was done, to like 25 ish. huh.

Yea, confirmed that much. It's why I asked earlier in the thread on the price as I, too, thought it was gonna be for $25.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile
Hey guys! I'll try to hang around this thread for release but it's gonna be busy!

Excited!!

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
I'm really looking forward to this and was waiting for the steam version to drop to the normal price, but then I saw that I could purchase Wasteland 2 through the Torment pledge system on the new inXile website.

Unfortunately my paypal was charged, the pledge amount hasn't shown up on their new site yet (which is super weird with experience totals), and looking at the specific reward amounts I guess they changed some numbers because now I'm significantly farther (some rewards are locked by total experience? It's weird as heck!) than I was yesterday so I'm not even sure if I can get WL2 with how much I donated now.

I hope inXile resolves this site stuff, I really want to play WL2 but I can't justify another 40 for a full steam purchase.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Does Barter change what merchants will stock for trade? Because I started a new game with a character having a bunch of barter and dang there's way more stuff than there was in the first time I played the beta.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
Any idea when the boxed versions are going out? i couldn't find anything about those.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

njark posted:

Any idea when the boxed versions are going out? i couldn't find anything about those.

I believe the reason for the delay was to make sure they could get the physical copies out in time, so those should be arriving tomorrow as well. :)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I will resist playing the game till my COLLECTOR'S EDITION PREMIUM BOXED VERSION ™ arrives. :toxx:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I had totally forgot I got this as part of the torment kickstart. Looking forward to playing it! How beefy does your machine need to be? I was sorta assuming anything could run it, but some of the screenshots look impressive. It'd be nice is my aging laptop could run it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
What are all the 'Scraps' that I keep finding that are supposedly labeled as 'Clothing' but don't actually show up anywhere in my inventory? Is that just placeholder items for actual cosmetic stuff that'll be in the game?

Pogo Stick Eagle
May 5, 2004

Strange, yet symbolically compelling.
Please be as good as Fallout, I havent played a really good isometric RPG since loving Baldurs Gate 2!!

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Something I noted over in the other thread: checking Steam stats last night, I've put in 65.5 hours into the beta of Wasteland 2. And all of it was before the last big update...

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Everdraed posted:

I'm really looking forward to this and was waiting for the steam version to drop to the normal price, but then I saw that I could purchase Wasteland 2 through the Torment pledge system on the new inXile website.

Unfortunately my paypal was charged, the pledge amount hasn't shown up on their new site yet (which is super weird with experience totals), and looking at the specific reward amounts I guess they changed some numbers because now I'm significantly farther (some rewards are locked by total experience? It's weird as heck!) than I was yesterday so I'm not even sure if I can get WL2 with how much I donated now.

I hope inXile resolves this site stuff, I really want to play WL2 but I can't justify another 40 for a full steam purchase.

Have you contacted support? If you don't let them know there is an issue it probably won't get fixed.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Tarquinn posted:

I will resist playing the game till my COLLECTOR'S EDITION PREMIUM BOXED VERSION ™ arrives. :toxx:

Can't wait for that sweet sweet cloth map!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile
Please do contact support directly for any weirdness/issues in the backer system. We are significantly backed up now but we'll be working around the clock to try to get to everyone.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I believe the reason for the delay was to make sure they could get the physical copies out in time, so those should be arriving tomorrow as well. :)
I wish, but no, factors outside of our control mean the physical goods won't ship until some time after release. Sorry :(

• Locked thread