Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Yeah, pistols really need to be reworked. I made the mistake of making it my primary characters primary weapon skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
None, where are my armored car-crabs? I know you guys have them, put them back in their place. I want them crabs, None, where are they, tell me now :jp:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I'm still waiting for a bug fix for the final mission at the prison, where killing everyone still leaves you allied with the Red Skorpions somehow and makes the farmer dude kill himself with mind powers (I think they fixed that last bit and summon someone to kill him now, I can't remember, but I'd much rather they just fix the quest, I hate the Skorps and want to see them die).

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004
I see a lot of people talking about the first 20 hours of this game kind of sucking, but I gotta say I'm intrigued. I'm working through PoE right now though. I have a limited SSD drive so I checked out the file size and see it's like twice that of Divinity or PoE. Is it really long? Lots of voice acting or something?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Maybe it is because you are looking at the thread backwards, as most people who complain about the game having different fun at different play times complain about how the beginning is the best part. And the game is fairly long, but no, the voice acting is mostly for the most important characters. The file size is because ... it ... uh ... +++ATH0 NO CARRIER

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

California was rougher but it definitely had more interesting areas imo

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

The Valuum posted:

I see a lot of people talking about the first 20 hours of this game kind of sucking, but I gotta say I'm intrigued. I'm working through PoE right now though. I have a limited SSD drive so I checked out the file size and see it's like twice that of Divinity or PoE.

Divinity: OS is on its own engine which may handle file size better than Unity. That said, PoE measures at 15.5 GB on my HD, WL2 measures at 17-20GB depending on platform. It's not that different, and really has more to do with the type of assets we use and how we compress them. Game sizes can rarely be compared by comparing install size. PoE and WL2 are probably both 50-80 hour games? Really depends on playstyle

(all that said, I will note the current build of Game of the Year I have installed is quite a bit smaller than the old version of WL2, I can't guarantee it stays that way but it's encouraging!)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Brother None, will we ever get a searchable poster? I've been poring over that thing for months now, and I still haven't found my name, and now I'm starting to be afraid of it being written in that horrible, dark bit at the bottom :(

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Brother None posted:

Divinity: OS is on its own engine which may handle file size better than Unity. That said, PoE measures at 15.5 GB on my HD, WL2 measures at 17-20GB depending on platform. It's not that different, and really has more to do with the type of assets we use and how we compress them. Game sizes can rarely be compared by comparing install size. PoE and WL2 are probably both 50-80 hour games? Really depends on playstyle

(all that said, I will note the current build of Game of the Year I have installed is quite a bit smaller than the old version of WL2, I can't guarantee it stays that way but it's encouraging!)

Wasteland 2 is also fully 3d rendered and not in a fixed camera position. That would add a bit to the graphical asset size.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

inscrutable horse posted:

Brother None, will we ever get a searchable poster? I've been poring over that thing for months now, and I still haven't found my name, and now I'm starting to be afraid of it being written in that horrible, dark bit at the bottom :(
We did put a tool together but because of the way it was produced we can't quite make the whole text individually searchable. Still it should help/

The Joe Man posted:

Hey Brother None, where are you guys casting for new vocals or who would I contact? Any info would be much appreciated; feel free to PM.

Thanks!
Sorry I forgot to answer this one, I think we usually cast through Voice Bunny. I think we're set but you can always try reaching out to jobs@inxile.net

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Oh, holy gently caress, yes! Looks like my name is somewhere in the very top! Thanks!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Oooh same, now if only I knew which box I packed the posters in for the move.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone have any problems with this on OS X? In like my third battle poo poo started loving up where moving the camera made all the shadows movie and half of the poo poo didn't work. Then when exiting the radio tower zone the whole thing just crashed. Lost the progress of that zone which kind of bummed me out. Also it seemed to run kind of lovely, I know that a mac book pro isn't exactly a gaming powerhouse but I had turned the effects down quite a bit and it was still sort of choppy, dragging items around by the cursor was really choppy.

Seems fun as poo poo though, I've been playing PoE but I'm a total sucker for grid based tactics games. The combat might not be as deep but the setting/story seemed far less dry, although that high fantasy stuff can wear on me more than other gamers. Really enjoyed what I played.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

The Valuum posted:

Anyone have any problems with this on OS X? In like my third battle poo poo started loving up where moving the camera made all the shadows movie and half of the poo poo didn't work. Then when exiting the radio tower zone the whole thing just crashed. Lost the progress of that zone which kind of bummed me out. Also it seemed to run kind of lovely, I know that a mac book pro isn't exactly a gaming powerhouse but I had turned the effects down quite a bit and it was still sort of choppy, dragging items around by the cursor was really choppy.
Try mailing us at support@inxile.net. Hopefully support can offer some help, though it kind of sounds like you might be under spec to run this game.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Wasn't there supposed to be modding tools for this too or am I imagining that?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Upmarket Mango posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be modding tools for this too or am I imagining that?
Yeah, and I believe the Kickstarter promise was that for getting as high as they did, they WOULD make modding tools, as opposed to if they had only raised like half the money where they would just "maybe" do so. I am only half-sure as to whether they implied the modding tools would be the first major update post-launch...but, after being named Game of the Year, I suspect they were like "O.K., I know what we are doing first now instead."

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

The Valuum posted:

Anyone have any problems with this on OS X? In like my third battle poo poo started loving up where moving the camera made all the shadows move

I've had that happen to me multiple times while playing it on Windows 7 so I doubt it's OS X related.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Quarex posted:

Yeah, and I believe the Kickstarter promise was that for getting as high as they did, they WOULD make modding tools, as opposed to if they had only raised like half the money where they would just "maybe" do so. I am only half-sure as to whether they implied the modding tools would be the first major update post-launch...but, after being named Game of the Year, I suspect they were like "O.K., I know what we are doing first now instead."

Ah, well, here's hoping that's what they work on next once the GOTY edition comes out.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

Quarex posted:

We were looking into modding tools post-release, however we soon learned upgrading to Unity 5 would be a helpful if not required step to make tools for modding. So, the update to Game of the Year is part of the process.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
That's very cool to hear, who knows, one day we may get Wasteland 2 Restoration Project :allears:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Where would I find the run speed and combat speed mod/s? Apparently my googling is weak and I can't navigate the nexus for poo poo.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I'm interested in getting this game (particularly after seeing Mad Max), but I have a MacBook Air and I've read a lot of complaints online about frequent crashes on MacBooks and iMacs due to the game running out of memory when loading a new area, or something like that. The most recent post I read on the subject was from November 2014; has this been fixed yet?

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

The rear end Stooge posted:

I'm interested in getting this game (particularly after seeing Mad Max), but I have a MacBook Air and I've read a lot of complaints online about frequent crashes on MacBooks and iMacs due to the game running out of memory when loading a new area, or something like that. The most recent post I read on the subject was from November 2014; has this been fixed yet?

Not sure if there has been a patch since I stopped playing (around the time Pillars came out) but I was playing on a 2013 Macbook Pro (16G of RAM) and ran into very frequent crashes. I decided to hold off finishing the game until the GotY edition was out in case it fixed the issues. It was kinda disappointing because otherwise I really enjoyed the game immensely.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

spaced ninja posted:

Not sure if there has been a patch since I stopped playing (around the time Pillars came out) but I was playing on a 2013 Macbook Pro (16G of RAM) and ran into very frequent crashes. I decided to hold off finishing the game until the GotY edition was out in case it fixed the issues. It was kinda disappointing because otherwise I really enjoyed the game immensely.

Thanks. I'll wait for the GOTY release and see if Mac users are still complaining.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Bard's Tale is live. Quite frankly I'd appreciate less Publisher Kid and more game poo poo in the pitch video. I'm probably not backing it, because I'm not huge on pure dungeon crawling, but it seems to be getting money at the pace their previous Kickstarters did.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I liked this game a lot, but everything about attributes and skills felt really rough and unbalanced and un-intuitive. If the GOTY version cleans that up appreciably it will be a goddamn miracle. :allears:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNbEYHzheP0

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Well, there's no way I'm installing it now. The update will probably be at least the size of the entire current release.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Goddamn that looks polished up. Hopefully California will feel as polished as AZ did at launch. So when does it come out?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Levantine posted:

Goddamn that looks polished up. Hopefully California will feel as polished as AZ did at launch. So when does it come out?

"This summer" is the closest thing to a release date I've seen.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Late summer, I think. Late August, early September, maybe.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
On one hand I imagine you will have to start over to get the value out of this. On the other, maybe I could start over with my already Rank ~20 characters!

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Any word on the editor or mod tools? I find very little reason for them because wasteland 2 is already great but it would help breath some more life into it.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Fizzil posted:

Any word on the editor or mod tools? I find very little reason for them because wasteland 2 is already great but it would help breath some more life into it.

After the GOTY update is released later this summer. Maybe.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Upmarket Mango posted:

After the GOTY update is released later this summer. Maybe.

Yes. They mentioned this in the original GOTY announcement, I believe.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
I believe it's called the :airquote: Director's Cut :airquote: now.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Is it just me or are they taking a cue from Shadowrun on that?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Directors cut is the Definitive edition of pc rpgs, its a shame Larian is going against the grain with their "Enhanced edition" nonsense.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Clever Spambot posted:

Directors cut is the Definitive edition of pc rpgs, its a shame Larian is going against the grain with their "Enhanced edition" nonsense.

Must be a European thing, because CD Projekt used the same naming scheme with The Witcher.

Except Divinity II had a "Developer's Cut."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Wasteland 2: An Alan Smithee production

• Locked thread