Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I could kinda see a merk/Rarity gambit, but for now it seems more likely to treat it as the more probable situation that they're both town who were able to contribute.

I cannot come up with a convincing narrative for contributing only 5 as a town player - it seems to make a hell of a lot more sense as a scum play. I'm kinda not comfortable with how quickly everyone's jumped on Rascyc though when Magnus only contributed one more and had volunteered earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Magnus Gallant posted:

I decided to join because I wanted to be one of the four. I know I'm town and I knew I submitted what I submitted so if there was a failure id be able to at least have some view into the points and only have three different people to check out to see if I believe them.

So what do you think of Rascyc's play?

I don't really see how your play makes much sense even from an information gathering perspective. We could have and nearly did fail the check not from (overt) sabotage but simply from not contributing enough. If that had happened, what information would we have gained?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

apostateCourier posted:

Merk- how many points did you get?

Nope.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Firstly, 5 is nowhere near 1/4 of 27. Now you saying that you assumed people could contribute enough to make up for it doesn't vibe with this at all.

If you had an 8/9, which is what you'd need to have to think you could get away with submitting 5, then you wouldn't think of 5 as 'pretty good'.
I'm not going to reveal all my scores to you, sorry. I think my previous answer speaks enough for what I was going for here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kerro posted:

I could kinda see a merk/Rarity gambit, but for now it seems more likely to treat it as the more probable situation that they're both town who were able to contribute.

I cannot come up with a convincing narrative for contributing only 5 as a town player - it seems to make a hell of a lot more sense as a scum play. I'm kinda not comfortable with how quickly everyone's jumped on Rascyc though when Magnus only contributed one more and had volunteered earlier.

Ras has been on alert from the moment I first said one of the other three was scum. His explanation for his contribution is weak and contradictory. While I think Magnus's contribution is also pretty lame, his reasoning that it would give him insight into other players sounds more reasonable and it's a move I can easily see him making.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What is contradictory? That's the first time you've mentioned that word.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

I'm not going to reveal all my scores to you, sorry. I think my previous answer speaks enough for what I was going for here.

I didn't ask you to reveal your scores and I'm not sure why you think that I was. I was pointing out the most logical thought processes arising from whatever your possible scores are.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

What is contradictory? That's the first time you've mentioned that word.

Rarity posted:

Firstly, 5 is nowhere near 1/4 of 27. Now you saying that you assumed people could contribute enough to make up for it doesn't vibe with this at all.

If you had an 8/9, which is what you'd need to have to think you could get away with submitting 5, then you wouldn't think of 5 as 'pretty good'.

You do know what paraphrasing means, right?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

This is basically asking me to corroborate my highest scores.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

This is basically asking me to corroborate my highest scores.

Not even close. There are two possibilities:

1) Your highest score is 8 or 9 so you think it's ok to volunteer with 5. In that case you wouldn't think 5 was 'pretty good'.

2) Your highest score is 7 or less in which case 5 is pretty good but you wouldn't want to risk submitting it for a total of 27 from 4 people.

Whatever your highest score is, your stated thought processes don't follow a logical town reasoning.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

You do know what paraphrasing means, right?
Yes what's the contradiction? Elaborate more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Yes what's the contradiction? Elaborate more.

Holy poo poo are you even reading my posts? I literally just explained it.

Rarity posted:

1) Your highest score is 8 or 9 so you think it's ok to volunteer with 5. In that case you wouldn't think 5 was 'pretty good'.

2) Your highest score is 7 or less in which case 5 is pretty good but you wouldn't want to risk submitting it for a total of 27 from 4 people.

Whatever your highest score is, your stated thought processes don't follow a logical town reasoning.

Do I need to add glowing sirens?

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Rarity posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Rarity posted:

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I still don't get it. Can you break it down more?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 27 what am I missing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
RAS I'M NOT SURE IF YOU NOTICED THAT COULD YOU CONFIRM PLEASE?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 27 what am I missing?

Ah yo veo la problema. No hablas ingles!

Rarity posted:

Ni siquiera cerca . Hay dos posibilidades:

1 ) Tu puntaje más alto es 8 o 9 por lo que creo que está bien para ser voluntario con 5. En ese caso, usted no pensaría 5 era ' bastante bueno ' .

2 ) Su puntuación más alta es 7 o menos , en cuyo caso 5 es bastante bueno, pero no querría arriesgarse a enviarlo para un total de 27 a partir de 4 personas.

Sea cual sea su puntuación más alta es , sus procesos de pensamiento establecidos no siguen un razonamiento lógico de la ciudad.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Why not?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Yeah I don't see the contradiction you're asking me. If you look at my original post, I said I used both the average number that would need to be deposited: my 5 being just shy of that number, which was 6.75, or 7 if you want to round up, you can argue what constitutes shy I guess, but give me some benefit of the doubt I am capable of some elementary math. I kind of get that you are going for my choice of words "pretty good" to graduate a case on me into compelling but you are assuming I was using some relative distances between numbers as many only thought process (which I laid out in my original posts as straight forward as possible I thought).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

It doesn't help Town out at all to publicly reveal my remaining points.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

It doesn't help Town out at all to publicly reveal my remaining points.

I meant points reward for the challenge.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Much rear end grassy rear end

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it's obvious that Rascyc is scum. His contribution makes absolutely no sense as Town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bus is a lil obv rar

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

apostateCourier posted:

I meant points reward for the challenge.

I assume I got two points, like it says publicly in the thread. I did not get a PM.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just realized what you did. That's a pretty lovely / game-breaking way to confirm me as Town.

You should probably restart this setup after that post. I know apostate is Town and he knows I am Town because you didn't discuss whether you would send out PMs to players who won challenges with their point totals.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Bus is a lil obv rar

I'll ask for scumtips when I'm scum, thanks :greenangel:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

I assume I got two points, like it says publicly in the thread. I did not get a PM.

Oh. I feel dumb now. I completely missed that in the OP.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, wait, I did get a PM and forgot about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I just realized what you did. That's a pretty lovely / game-breaking way to confirm me as Town.

You should probably restart this setup after that post. I know apostate is Town and he knows I am Town because you didn't discuss whether you would send out PMs to players who won challenges with their point totals.

I got a PM though :confused:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and apostate didn't even volunteer so the gambit wouldn't have made any sense at all. Disregard everything I said in the last five posts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

...and apostate didn't even volunteer so the gambit wouldn't have made any sense at all. Disregard everything I said in the last five posts.

I was wondering what the hell you were talking about!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

SA's best mafia player, ladies and gentlemen.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

merk posted:

Nah.

##vote merk

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ROhf5Soqs

Anyway. I like Rarity's explanation and merk is :laffo:.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, Kerro's line of posts up there at the top of the page is too nudging for me. Too much caution, not enough actual accusation. Way too safe in my opinion.

##vote Kerro

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
That was pretty funny merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I didn't get two things fundamentally wrong, it would have been gamebreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

If I didn't get two things fundamentally wrong, it would have been gamebreaking.

Merks definitely town after that

• Locked thread