Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Montreal Screwjob would be a pretty good name for one of this apartment wrestling things.

But I honestly think what WCW did (or didn't do) with Brett was way worse than the screwjob itself. If you had competent people running that company they could have blown up big time bringing him in ASAP and pushing him to the moon but instead...welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aku posted:

Since we're on the topic of the Screwjob, this thread had me wondering: how is the Bret/Shawn Rivalry DVD that WWE put out not too long ago?

It's really good, and up on the Network. You should watch it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It's really good but awkward due to Shawn just sitting there with his head down as he's repeatedly hit over the head with how big a piece of poo poo he was.

I don't know, I think current Shawn actually came across somewhat better than current Brett who seemed to be just making poo poo up at some points. Shawn seems like he's totally aware that he was a drug addicted mess and is genuinely repentant, Brett is insisting that Shawn brought little kids into the ring and had them do strip teases with him, and often seems like a crazy person.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

...Shawn did do that. During his initial face turn in 1995

I don't seem to remember him having any kids taking their pants off in the ring.

• Locked thread