Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I think I want some more goons on my friends list so I can leaderboard it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Bought it before release date :smug: (Dan said he was so impatient he pushed the big PUBLISH button five minutes early). Going to download and play on the big screen tv today!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
If you weren't convinced by the trailers and would like to see the game in action, Dan's brother, Beaglerush, and his SO are streaming and Beagle is talking about the development process a little! Beagle did all the editing for the FMV scenes and it's pretty neat!

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Thanks so much for all the kind words, everyone! It definitely means a lot to see people liking our craziness, especially after slaving away in the limo mines for the last year or so.

Also, doubly thanks for people sending us bug reports and info. Once Steam comes back up, we'll be pushing a hotfix that tweaks some things and fixes some of the bugs we've heard about.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART

Sober posted:

I think I want some more goons on my friends list so I can leaderboard it up.

You can add me. I am dizaero on Steam and have the same horse avatar.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
This looks incredible.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I just finished the story, and I was really impressed by how cute and neat it was. Only 26% done, so I've still got a ways to spin yet, but this was easily one of the best game purchases I've made in a while and I hope it does really well for you guys.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:toxx: This game is so amazing I'm willing to gift a copy of the Deluxe edition to someone that makes the coolest Georgio Manos fanart. Post entries here before this poo poo hits zero or something http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20140922T00&p0=468&msg=Georgio+Fanos&csz=1 :toxx:

The vibe of this game is super fantastic. The FMVs, the music, everything is just so happy and cheerful. :3:
Holy poo poo, trading cards too.

edit: Support esports

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I was a bit unsure at first, the humor sounded right up my alley but I wasn't sure I'd like the gameplay.
It's great! It's super smooth and feels like a puzzle version of the old GTA games.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Gonna play the heck out of this over the weekend.

e: Yodzilla for the leaderboards, no idea if i'll be any good or not lol

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just wanna take a quick moment to thank Magnetic North, who gifted me the game back in April because I won a contest he was holding by unleashing my inner 10 year old and drawing a :krad: 70s car. Thanks Magnetic North. :3:

Downloading the game now. Let's go Georgio! :black101:

You're certainly welcome! That car is still rad.

I'm so excited, I will actually get to play this for a few precious hours today. :woop:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

This game looks a lot more amazing than I was expecting! FMV videos from Back In The Day were blurry and grainy, but Roundabout has some amazing quality.

The only problem is that my Logitech game controller doesn't work. :( Already contacted No Goblin, I hope they can fix it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It was mentioned in either the GB QL or the general steam thread that all in the in car filming is actually in an old police cruiser.

EDIT: \/ Crown Vics were pretty popular for limo bases in the 70s/80s to be fair.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 19, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah I saw some of the development photos, they pretty much shot the whole thing inside a Crown Vic. They didn't even try to hide the Ford logo on the wheel.

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008
It would be neat to have a "challenge a friend" mode where you take the role of the passenger. You could place the start and end points with a few checkpoints on the somewhere map, then your friend has to drive the route.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

This a fantastically put together game and reminds me the good old days of Incredible Crisis and No One Can Stop Mr. Domino and the like.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY

Metromonkey posted:

I gotta say Ragny, some of your top scores are bit excessive. I'll never figure out how you managed to do Farming Simulator '77 in 21 seconds.

Chasing after typos for weeks gave me some practice.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I preordered and I'm enjoying the game, but I feel one thing is hampering me enjoying it fully: I'm not very good at it so the limo blows up really fast. I really wish there was an easy mode where the limo takes a few more hits and/or is ever so slightly smaller (to maneuver in those tight spots). I'd be fine disabling achievements for the score cards as long as I could have more fun spinning.

EDIT: This is a great game, don't get me wrong, I just feel kinda sad that I keep blowing up Georgio.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Gyre posted:

I preordered and I'm enjoying the game, but I feel one thing is hampering me enjoying it fully: I'm not very good at it so the limo blows up really fast. I really wish there was an easy mode where the limo takes a few more hits and/or is ever so slightly smaller (to maneuver in those tight spots). I'd be fine disabling achievements for the score cards as long as I could have more fun spinning.

EDIT: This is a great game, don't get me wrong, I just feel kinda sad that I keep blowing up Georgio.

Something that might help is the power you unlock when you finish the story! It lets you shrink your limo to like half size.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

quote:

I'M SORRY! ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT OUR ENVIRONMENT! :killdozer:

I love this game. :allears:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm using a 360 pad (well, Horipad EX2) and it seems like this game loses track of it or something. Moving around in-game I find the limo stops and starts a lot for no obvious reason, and I find the user interface to be tough to navigate, almost like it misses key-presses or won't see one unless I move the highlight away and back to what I want to select.
The pad is fine in every other game, so I'm not sure what's up. By the sounds of things, no-one else is getting this?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Gromit posted:

I'm using a 360 pad (well, Horipad EX2) and it seems like this game loses track of it or something. Moving around in-game I find the limo stops and starts a lot for no obvious reason, and I find the user interface to be tough to navigate, almost like it misses key-presses or won't see one unless I move the highlight away and back to what I want to select.
The pad is fine in every other game, so I'm not sure what's up. By the sounds of things, no-one else is getting this?

Try switching between analog/digital.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
This game is awesome and you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't give it a spin. Using a Dualshock 3 with the 360 plugin loaded, works absolutely wonderful. My hands have gone numb from trying to catch up with Ragny's scores. One day, SOMEONE will beat your times, you crazy Double French Madman :argh:.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Faust IX posted:

This game is awesome and you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't give it a spin. Using a Dualshock 3 with the 360 plugin loaded, works absolutely wonderful. My hands have gone numb from trying to catch up with Ragny's scores. One day, SOMEONE will beat your times, you crazy Double French Madman :argh:.

Seriously. I did my first eSports run today and I managed 43 minutes. Ragny had the #1 score at like 12 minutes. I was like :aaaaa:

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Darksaber posted:

Something that might help is the power you unlock when you finish the story! It lets you shrink your limo to like half size.

I'll have to get on that, then!

Speaking of (spoilers for when you get to the Mountain), I love that the Ronaldo plot is a bait-and-switch where the real story is Georgio getting his life back together after what happened. I have a suspicion that Ronaldo (and his car) aren't quite so dead as they look, tho.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

The Joe Man posted:

Try switching between analog/digital.

Is this a setting in-game or in Windows? The 3 analog sensitivity options on the controller make no difference.
If I pull the pad out and play on keyboard the game responds perfectly, but I'm poo poo at it on keyboard. Plug the pad back in, it's awful again.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh yeah! I bought this game based on impulse Twitter. Time to get the pistons a-downloading. It's been such a long time since my lest FMV-enhanced game. Does Civ 3 count?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Gromit posted:

Is this a setting in-game or in Windows? The 3 analog sensitivity options on the controller make no difference.
If I pull the pad out and play on keyboard the game responds perfectly, but I'm poo poo at it on keyboard. Plug the pad back in, it's awful again.

I meant the physical switch on the controller. Usually that's the culprit for wonky stick movement but if that's not doing anything, I'm at a loss.

Just finished the story @ 50%. Fun stuff; glad I could be a part of it.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Demp posted:

Seriously. I did my first eSports run today and I managed 43 minutes. Ragny had the #1 score at like 12 minutes. I was like :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPdw6dFh6eM&hd=1

Dude has had a lot of practice.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Gyre posted:

I'm pretty terrible too, but it's a good kind of terrible, and it's fairly easy to recognize where blowing up is a matter of lousy timing or rotating the wrong way. It's harder to tell my ADD to stop that though.

Unrelated, I crack up every time I pick those kids up for school. The staring contest between Giorgio and the little girl is bafflingly hilarious.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Zorak posted:

Dude has had a lot of practice.
If we're posting Ragny's Roundabout videos, this is a must-see =] Warning, Video Games as Art is imminent (audio from Bees' Finding Jonathan playthrough of Super Drake Tracker).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrRmQKj9ens

Geop fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 20, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I finished the game! It was pretty great, pretty funny (I am somehow surprised at how many out-loud chuckles this got me), and definitely worth the fift-

"28.4% Complete"

No

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :stonk:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
20 something hours left if you want a win a free Deluxe edition. Just post some cool fan arts.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am one of the monsters that has only technical problems with this game. I AM RUINING THIS GAME'S CHANCES OF BEING PERFECT. :(

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Gyre posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sucks at this game. Its a lot harder than it looks and poor Georgio has their limo smashed to pieces with me at the helm.

I'd love an easy mode for things like that but the thing is, the game is actually pretty forgiving of mistakes. When you blow up you don't lose anything except time and maybe a little patience and the checkpoints are super common so you don't really lose much progress. An easy mode would be great but its not vital to me because all losing does at the moment is make me feel compelled to apologise to Georgio.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
What makes me feel worse than just crashing and blowing up the limo is how impossible it is to not run over all the pedestrians.

Yet I can't stop it either.

The dissonance between Beth going on happily about the date while people are screaming and being splatted into bloody piles is...something.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Why are Psychedelic Eyeball, Medibot and Geop in this? I don't mean this in a "God they shouldn't be in there because they're terrible :rolleyes:" sort of way, I'm actually quite happy that they're in there since I think they're pretty funny dudes. I'm just wondering what connection they have and why they were chosen for the various roles.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Cowman posted:

Why are Psychedelic Eyeball, Medibot and Geop in this? I don't mean this in a "God they shouldn't be in there because they're terrible :rolleyes:" sort of way, I'm actually quite happy that they're in there since I think they're pretty funny dudes. I'm just wondering what connection they have and why they were chosen for the various roles.

They're friends with Panzer and Bees, simple as that! Everyone in this is just a friend of the developers who volunteered to do things for them. All of the pedestrian audio is just fan-submitted stuff too, mostly by goons who are fans of Panzer's LP's/streaming/general Panzerness.

Also Medibot was born to play Jeffrey and if he doesn't win some kind of award there will be riots

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.

Cowman posted:

The connection is that they're all good friends of the developers, mostly. That's the magical secret connection.

I've been trying on and off to beat Ragny's best times on certain missions. Most of the time I either fail miserably or he goes off and improves them. This is truly e-sports hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Wild Knight posted:

The dissonance between Beth going on happily about the date while people are screaming and being splatted into bloody piles is...something.
You can turn on no-violence mode to make them in to pretty sparkles and stars! :shobon: They aren't dying, they're just going to the Happy Dimension!

• Locked thread