Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?
actually i'm still on the fence about jesus, he turned Bendo into an egomaniac and made him use that embarrassing walk out song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

John Cena posted:

holy poo poo i am a prophet

I'm glad I stopped myself from calling you an idiot because that's incredible

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

In the pound for pound rankings Renana Barao outranks TJ Dillashaw and Miesha Tate is #2 at womens bantamweight. Rankings mean everything and nothing.

Rankings mean everything when they make me laugh while I should be sleeping.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Really speaks to Hunt's punching power since that is only the second time Nelson's been stopped and I don't remember the Arlovski KO being as clean.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDNPxl7qB4

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 20, 2014

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Chexoid posted:

huh. hunt did roy's exact same setup except with an uppercut on the end

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chexoid posted:

Mark Hunt saw that Bellator made a jab at Melvin knocking him cold and had to rectify the situation

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
gonna get that gif tattooed on me, then when i die gonna have it on a loop on my tombstone

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's insanely badass that he keeps doing that to oddly shaped men

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Mark Hunt made losing 4 hours of sleep worth it. Make Roy vs Ben 2 happen.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Isn't Mark kind of the most credible title contender if Stipe loses and Cain wins?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I wonder what that weird Deviant Art Hunt Super Fan thinks of all this.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Isn't Mark kind of the most credible title contender if Stipe loses and Cain wins?

probably has to rematch junior or fight browne

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Or Arlovski

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
press conference is on for anyone who's still awake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56Qz3-caYU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i tried to look up the genghiscon gomi highlight to comfort me after his loss and it's been taken down

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just woke up and watched/skipped around on the main card. First fight on the main card was awesome. First round of the second fight was also awesome, and then there's this giant morass of a hugging up till the co main and main. Tate/Nakai went about as expected. Just didn't care about anything else.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Akiyama mackin it to Juliana Pena while beating a man to death was cool

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

Akiyama mackin it to Juliana Pena while beating a man to death was cool

Probably but as I was skipping around I heard mike say Sexyama and decided to continue on. Were any of the prelims good?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Probably but as I was skipping around I heard mike say Sexyama and decided to continue on. Were any of the prelims good?

i enjoyed all of the prelims except the first, which i didn't see

kyung ho kang vs whoever was particularly good

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Some kid has a bad, stuttering video replay of the knockout on his instagram if anybody is like me and sleeps through MMA

http://instagram.com/p/tKaLCPQtmi/?modal=true

Edit: Oh there is a gif of it, of course.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

It's great because you see Roy try to duck the jab, and then Mark just keeps throwing jabs until he ducks again and BOOM

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
This is the greatest news to wake up to. Beauty has slain the beast

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Just watched the main before I have to leave for work. loving awesome and worth the :10bux: just for the 1 1/2 round fight. Any other must see fights I need to catch later?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Thauros posted:

Just watched the main before I have to leave for work. loving awesome and worth the :10bux: just for the 1 1/2 round fight. Any other must see fights I need to catch later?

Every fight except tate/nakai and walsh/kunimoto(?) was good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Thank you MMA Jesus for blessing us with Mark Hunt. We're just not worthy.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 20, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
God drat what a KO.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I woke up ten minutes ago and I instantly thought, "Mark Hunt lost." It's gratifying to get on the computer and find out that he didn't, and in fact he won in a really cool way much as I hoped he would.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

Every fight except tate/nakai and walsh/kunimoto(?) was good

Round 1 of the walsh fight was loving awesome. Then rounds 2 and 3 happened.

Hunt's timing of Roy was loving magical.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lmao drat ref

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He's got to get the mouth guard out right?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mark Hunt is the greatest man to ever live and burning my Fight Pass free trial on one fight was totally worth it.

They need to add a Fight Metric stat for walk-off KOs so that Mark can be #1 on one of their silly charts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some people are suggesting that Hunt and Arlovski should fight in Australia in November.

Why do people want to see Arlovski die in the Octagon?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Cena posted:

probably has to rematch junior or fight browne

They aren't going to give JDS another shot so soon or go to someone coming off a loss.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I ran out of caffeine at around 3:30 last night and drifted off halfway through the co-main, and my headphones jolted me out of sleep just in time to see Hunt giving a triumphant post-fight interview, and for some reason I thought I had seen the whole fight and could rest easy knowing all was right with the world.

(then I watched it for real this morning and seeing him shitcan Big Country and strike a heroic pose was even better than whatever my subconscious had filled in)

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Catching up on some other fights. It was really funny when Nakai took Miesha's back but she couldn't get hooks or body triangle because her legs are too stumpy and it caused her to lose the position. It was also neat that Miesha was landing strikes at will for the entire fire but did almost no apparent damage with them. Now watching Akiyama. Not sure if my heart can take Gomi.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i enjoyed all of the prelims except the first, which i didn't see

kyung ho kang vs whoever was particularly good

the first one was entertaining, the white guy was doing his best nick diaz impersonation

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm not sure why Rin Nakai can't make 115 considering she's the size of a roided out Tecia Torres, but I hope to see more of her failing to do anything against taller women.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

we are live, except for that guy from the undercard

Solomonic posted:

Rin is being exposed so thoroughly that Pancrase is gonna upload this to their Youtube channel

Diddie posted:

go mini forrest

Captain Log posted:

Hunt stepping into the cage - "Time to run around the cage..:two steps later:...nah"

LordPants posted:

MARK MOTHERFUCKING HUNT

Good thread everybody.

I started giggling when Mark Hunt ducked one of Roy's overhands. You can't beat hunto if you've only spent your talent points in one ability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

1st AD posted:

I'm not sure why Rin Nakai can't make 115 considering she's the size of a roided out Tecia Torres, but I hope to see more of her failing to do anything against taller women.
I'm hoping for Nakai-Andrade (who I think is almost as short?) just for the chance of a Sakuraba-Wanderlei reenactment.

• Locked thread