Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Getting an iPhone 6?
Yes, in two months when I can find the Plus size. :btroll:
No, I'm sticking with my Android. :google:
No, I'm sticking with my Windows Phone :suicide:
It doesn't matter what I think, I'll be watching the WWE Network on my cell for just $9.99! :vince:
View Results

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
How's the show been so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Writer Cath posted:

How's the show been so far?

average for a smackdown before pay per view

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
They might as well have the tiny bull pin Bray, it's not like it could really drop any lower than he already has.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TotalHell posted:

That sounds like some Commie talk...comrade.

No no I love America! Mickey Mouse! Yankee Doodle Dandy!

gently caress Stalin..... gently caress STALIN! :gonk:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

just turn the wyatts face

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

pressedbunny posted:

Jesus gently caress, Cole, stop talking over the Wyatts' entrance. How hard is it to understand this?

You know, pressedbunny, I was talking to Bray Wyatt earlier, and he told me that heroes are dead and that the whole world would suffer. Some creepy thoughts from the leader of the Wyatt family!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pariah Rex posted:

They might as well have the tiny bull pin Bray, it's not like it could really drop any lower than he already has.

I have to wonder how Jericho feels about all this. He comes back, puts over Bray as much as he can and yet around every single clean victory Bray got over Jericho he was getting his rear end kicked or being beaten by everybody else on the roster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rowan got confused because he thought he was fighting Kenny Omega for a second and that life was good.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Aww, that dog food commercial :3:

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I have to wonder how Jericho feels about all this. He comes back, puts over Bray as much as he can and yet around every single clean victory Bray got over Jericho he was getting his rear end kicked or being beaten by everybody else on the roster.

If I was Jericho I'd be pissed that I really just came back and wasted my time.

But really he hasn't just got his rear end kicked he practically cried as he ran away and begged for mercy from Cena. His character has been assassinated to the point that he can never recover. It was bad enough when he was losing all the time but it's hard to buy that Bray is supposed to be some kind of other worldly level of scary when I've seen him humanized and destroyed on every possible level.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Big Rest Hold, Paul White

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Pariah Rex posted:

If I was Jericho I'd be pissed that I really just came back and wasted my time.

But really he hasn't just got his rear end kicked he practically cried as he ran away and begged for mercy from Cena. His character has been assassinated to the point that he can never recover. It was bad enough when he was losing all the time but it's hard to buy that Bray is supposed to be some kind of other worldly level of scary when I've seen him humanized and destroyed on every possible level.

To be fair if the WWE cared at all they can make anyone a threat with a few months of consistent strong booking. Wyatt's were threatening as gently caress earlier this year before Cena/Usos happened, Swagger went from being total jobber to modest midcard threat to Rusev within a month (and fell back down just as quickly), and of course Henry went from "hey buddy :haw:" with Evan Bourne to :stare: over the course of 6 months in 2011.

It's just 99% of the time they are either :effort: or cut people's legs from under them with the booking.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

No no I love America! Mickey Mouse! Yankee Doodle Dandy!

gently caress Stalin..... gently caress STALIN! :gonk:

:mad: What's your favourite squadron?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pariah Rex posted:

he can never recover.

That's not true at all, but their handling of him has been stupid and, worst of all, inconsistent, and as a result he faces a real uphill battle to be taken seriously. The scary part is that this probably wasn't malicious on WWE's part, they probably thought after he beat Jericho clean that Bray now had momentum which meant Cena beating him up would do wonders for Cena, as opposed to actively wanting to punish or cripple Bray himself.

In doing this they also forgot that the whole point of the earlier Bray/Cena feud was Bray trying to make Cena violate his principles, and the only person who seemed to remember and (belatedly) call Cena out on his actions was Paul Heyman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

:mad: What's your favourite squadron?

The Nai Mets!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

To be fair if the WWE cared at all they can make anyone a threat with a few months of consistent strong booking. Wyatt's were threatening as gently caress earlier this year before Cena/Usos happened, Swagger went from being total jobber to modest midcard threat to Rusev within a month (and fell back down just as quickly), and of course Henry went from "hey buddy :haw:" with Evan Bourne to :stare: over the course of 6 months in 2011.

It's just 99% of the time they are either :effort: or cut people's legs from under them with the booking.

Yup, WWE can make anyone a threat when they give a poo poo, it's just that they're only capable of giving a poo poo about two wrestlers at a time.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm really thinking they never banked on Ambrose getting as popular as he did. There's no drat reason why he should be off now.

He's probably mad they didn't give him a real gun.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This commercial is dumb because there's absolutely no way you could get tired of Kenny Rogers sitting at a poker table singing The Gambler.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

He's probably mad they didn't give him a real gun.

Dean Ambrose doesn't strike me as a guy who has trouble getting his hands on a real gun when he needs one.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

This commercial is dumb because there's absolutely no way you could get tired of Kenny Rogers sitting at a poker table singing The Gambler.

Correct.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I think the Wyatts will get a big push once Undertaker leaves for good because I'm not sure that Vince thinks theres enough room in the WWE for more supernatural wrestlers

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I keep mishearing that Z Nation advert as C Nation and it's alarming every time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That appetite suppressor gets your dick hard? Is there any drug out there that doesn't get your dick hard?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now that some time has passed, are people still pretending that Godzilla wasn't just an okay-at-best film that massively underdelivered on its potential?

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I agree, for the most part anyone can be booked to look like a threat again even if they have been treated as losers for a long time. But Bray can't his whole character is about him being this geniunly crazy scary individual, he wasn't just some strong guy who wrestles. It's really easy to make people start taking a guy whose gimmick is strong guy who wrestles seriously again. You just have them go out there and be strong and cool. This is why Cesaro is will probably never be dead in the water.

They can't do any of that for Bray, there is no feasible way to make him seem scary again ever. He could beat The Rock at wrestlemania in a 30 second match and he would still seem like a loser.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's just the way I see it. I'll personally never be able to buy into Bray again.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like Paige's midrift jacket

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
AJ completely inheriting Punk's gimmick of doing more commentary than matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, AJ rules.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Now that some time has passed, are people still pretending that Godzilla wasn't just an okay-at-best film that massively underdelivered on its potential?

Bryan Cranston was real good in it. He's real good in everything though.

And Godzilla and Monsters fighting was cool. But it was no Pacific Rim.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thank god King isn't on commentary for that.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
King just had another heart attack

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Godzilla was great. The slow buildup was totally worth it.

Eyes on the prize, Nikki!

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

I'm starting to find AJ incredibly annoying.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pariah Rex posted:

I'm starting to find AJ incredibly annoying.

why would she hate paige, the perfect human being

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
These wrestle people really want that belt!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I wouldn't mind this if it wasn't what they've done every match on every show for the last month.

ed: gently caress Nikki

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

King Booker will decree that the title be chopped in half and given to AJ and Paige both. Paige will agree, AJ will be horrified, and then before King Booker can gift the whole thing to AJ.... Layla and Michelle McCool will run in and grab both halves for themselves.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't see it yet, please don't ruin my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Please let Bo talk

• Locked thread