Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
UKOG and CHCH. Hopefully we can pair them off to create a bloodline of badass vampire-slaying princesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Go back to 2300 AD and do the racing game you monster

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I don't remember which one is which, I just nominate The Robot to be one of our teammates.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
CHCH = Marle
G0KU = Robo
UKOG = Richter Belmont

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

life_source posted:

Go back to 2300 AD and do the racing game you monster

What are you talking about? All the 2300AD has for us is a Rock-Paper-Scissors minigame and a Card minigame.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Bring G0KU and CHCH with us back to 420 AD but before departing, consider asking G0KU if he can be used as a bong somehow

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ArchWizard posted:

consider asking G0KU if he can be used as a bong somehow[/b]

As we've learned, G0KU works best as a hookah:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Blind Sally posted:

As we've learned, G0KU works best as a hookah:

Oh right. In my defense it's been Infinity-2300 years since that happened. It was a while ago.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

However, Spekkio reminds you that only three people can go through. More than that and you'll just get spat back out into the End Of Time. Right. So who do you want to take in your party?

GOKU, UKOG, and G0KU, but then remember that robots aren't people, and force Spekkio into the party.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Tunicate posted:

GOKU, UKOG, and G0KU, but then remember that robots aren't people, and force Spekkio into the party.

Of course! The answer is so simple!

Wield CHCH

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
GOKU goes alone. Send those other assholes to the other place that's not the future where they can do whatever it is that those people do.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

G0KU and CHCH

I'd also like to suggest you throw UKOG down in the pit to get the bucket back.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Goku, Goku and Goku, anagrammed and numerically substituted as needed.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Press and do the actions: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, CROOK THE CARTRIDGE TO THE RIGHT, B, A, SELECT, UNCROOK THE CARTRIDGE, START, START, SELECT, INSERT ALTERED BEAST CARTRIDGE, A.
To get Spekkio to join your party.

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that code.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Geemer posted:

Press and do the actions: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, CROOK THE CARTRIDGE TO THE RIGHT, B, A, SELECT, UNCROOK THE CARTRIDGE, START, START, SELECT, INSERT ALTERED BEAST CARTRIDGE, A.
To get Spekkio to join your party.

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that code.

Haha, that's not the Spekkio code. That just makes the altered beast guys show up. But do it anyways.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Take CHCH and the robot back to the Middle Ages and try to overwrite more of her family line.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

nine-gear crow posted:

Take CHCH and the robot back to the Middle Ages and try to overwrite more of her family line.

Let's expand on this.

Abuse the hell out of time travel and figure out a way to make everyone related to you somehow.

TwistedSynapse
Dec 31, 2012

Voted Most Purple Wizard
2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014
Gonna have to jump on a couple ideas and say scold Demi-Spekkio for "non-lethally" killing the old guy, pointing out the fastest way to make up for it is to join your party.

Even if he only joins for a little while as like a guest or something, how could you resist the chance to see Gaia's Rage used on someone other than yourself?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Let's expand on this.

Abuse the hell out of time travel and figure out a way to make everyone related to you somehow.

You mean they aren't already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0s5Kn9QXtU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Split up and look for clues! ChCH go to 2300AD. GOKU, G0KU and UKOG will check the pantry in 420AD. (we don't need girls with us when we hit on the cavegirls)

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

TwistedSynapse posted:

Gonna have to jump on a couple ideas and say scold Demi-Spekkio for "non-lethally" killing the old guy, pointing out the fastest way to make up for it is to join your party.

Even if he only joins for a little while as like a guest or something, how could you resist the chance to see Gaia's Rage used on someone other than yourself?

This sounds like a very good plan that can't possibly go wrong! Anything more would be spoilers of course.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Before you leave, go back to Spekkio and ask him to teach you how to summon Mara.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Hey someone PM me when he gets to the New Game++++++++ (that's one more plus) where he gets to be the mysterious entity that guides the party.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Haha, that's not the Spekkio code. That just makes the altered beast guys show up. But do it anyways.

Are you calling my uncle a liar?! I'll fuckin fite you!

Don't you dare not showing up on the playground after school tomorrow!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Geemer posted:

Are you calling my uncle a liar?! I'll fuckin fite you!

Don't you dare not showing up on the playground after school tomorrow!

You're just lucky my mom's making me come straight home from school or else I'd totally whup your butt, man. I have like, three black belts in these super secret martial arts you've never heard of. I could kill you with one touch. I'd show you how to do it, but I'd get in trouble with the FBI for teaching it, so I better not...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I need a break from drawing Robo.

We're gonna take Marle CHCH and Richter UKOG with us.

Anyways, back in 420AD, we find that the Lean military is on a high alert. We stop by the castle to get some recon and have an audience with the Queen.

She is mildly displeased to see that the idiot who stole her dress is still around, but eh. She knows your prowess in combat is to be commended, so she lays it out for you straight: Magus is back, he is attacking humans, and appears to be trying to summon some ultimate force. You can stop him, but you need the Masamune to clear the way. You must find Frog PCLO and get him the Masamune so that he can reveal the route to Magus's Castle.

An interesting proposition, but the quest to get the Masamune is long and dull, requires us to climb mountains, deal with mistaken heros, and a cripplingly depressed PCLO. We actually have a bunch f Masamunes from previous playthroughs:

If we want, we can head straight to Magus's Castle without PCLO.

Or I suppose we could go get him. Or whatever.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I think we're good. We can get PCLO later. Let's go get Magus TNKS! He's got sweet battle music and 6,666 HP!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Spoilers Below posted:

I think we're good. We can get PCLO later. Let's go get Magus TNKS! He's got sweet battle music and 6,666 HP!

Sure, let's go straight to Magus.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - The Masamune :megadeath:

Aw, hell yiss! Using the might of three Masamune's, your party summons down some sweet magick to break down the barrier to Magus's Castle.

In fact, you level the entire mountain. Heh. That probably won't have any long-term ramifications in the future, right? There's a cave entrance, so you go through it.

Upon emerging on the other side, the camera pans up to a shot of Magus's Castle against the moon. It's very spooky and obvious that a lot of the budget went into creating this single shot for the game. Surely we are at a pivotal moment in the game's plot. You enter the castle and find yourself confronted with the single most horrible thing you could have imagined:

AGING ROCKSTARS! You come face-to-face with Ozzy, Slash, and Flea. What will you do!?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Convince them to join your SUPERBAND, The GOKUs.

Because the only thing that can stop Magus now is a Guns 'n Roses/Black Sabbath/Red-Hot Chili Peppers power crossover.

EDIT: As proof of my concept I present the following, Ozzy, TEA, and Slash:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 24, 2014

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

nine-gear crow posted:

Convince them to join your SUPERBAND, The GOKUs.

Because the only thing that can stop Magus now is a Guns 'n Roses/Black Sabbath/Red-Hot Chili Peppers power crossover.

If they disagree, then challenge them to a rock-off to prove the power of metal.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Equip the BAT and fight them with it.

I know everyone does it, but it's my favorite easter egg.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Hide in the Rainbow Shell, and since you only have two of them, leave CHCH out there to deal with them herself.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
You fool, why did you leave G0KU behind? If there's one thing aging rock stars love (besides money) it's reminders of their youth and copious amounts of drugs is the best way to do that!

Offer them CHCH as a distraction, go get our walking bong, and let 'er rip with the '80s

Also, we need some DLC outfits for our crew. Dress UKOG as Lightning, CHCH as Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick, and G0KU as Mega Man. Or something like that, it's your money.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man oh man I can't wait until we get to Snape, he's the best CT character

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Show them how metal we are, equip crisis arm on Goku!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Oh man oh man I can't wait until we get to Snape, he's the best CT character

I never managed to recruit him, is it true that he kills DMDR?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Play the Greatest song in the wo-orld.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zwingley posted:

If they disagree, then challenge them to a rock-off to prove the power of metal.

AJ_Impy posted:

You can do both of these things. Please do.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Surrender

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Zwingley posted:

The only way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

AJ_Impy posted:

No one knows the Greatest Song in the World, they only know a mere Tribute to it. Nevertheless, it must be played.

• Locked thread