Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AJ_Impy posted:

Change the name on the sign: You're the new Queen now.

This. And try to negotiate your dress back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

ajkalan posted:

Give the old man a proper sea burial, mourn his loss

Do this thing, since we haven't gotten around to it yet. It's only proper that you preside, being the New Queen

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

And make sure to run around the town loudly proclaiming your Queenhood to attract as much unwanted attention as possible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
FOOD: Use stasis on the robot to soften its fall so it doesn't get hurt when it lands on the ground 10 bajillion miles below

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

nine-gear crow posted:

AJ_Impy posted:

And make sure to run around the town loudly proclaiming your Queenhood to attract as much unwanted attention as possible.
And also conscript OREN.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Cheez posted:

...Mecha Shiva

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Not dead. Gonna attempt to work up the effort to start thinking about an update next week.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Think about it? Just play the game and dump some screenshots here. LPing isn't hard.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

Think about it? Just play the game and dump some screenshots here. LPing isn't hard.

Hey now, you wouldn't want Blind Sally to strain their typing fingers! Best to take it slow and easy. Safety first!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm just glad their hard drive hasn't crashed like in most LPs, or in this LP's case, taken itself out back and put a bullet in their head.

e - I mean the hard drive shooting itself, not Blind Sally. Though if the hard drive shot Sally I wouldn't be too surprised tbh.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Carbon dioxide posted:

this is a game with a complicated and branching storyline. furthermore,

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
whar ist nu update rear end in a top hat?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah you loving hack fraud bring the epoch back to life alrady

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
good news, i checked the oven and it looks like the latest update is nearly done cooking:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

good news, i checked the oven and it looks like the latest update is nearly done cooking:

Is this like Windows where it would suddenly drop back down to 5% again?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

Is this like Windows where it would suddenly drop back down to 5% again?

No, but the time estimate is fluctuating between "under 30 seconds" and "8 months".

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

In response to your knocking over and presumably destroying the presumably very expensive giant white knight looking robot, some dude with an eyepatch runs out and starts yelling at your party.

Sounds like his name is Dalton--he keeps talking in the third-person. He threatens you with judgement in the name of Queen Cisna of Balandor. You, frankly, don't really know what's going on. He keeps shouting before finally summoning some lovely looking robot.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - lovely Boss Fight :megadeath:

What the gently caress is that?

Looks like it's time for a lovely boss fight. This is a plot boss fight and is unskippable in New Game +++++++. You're gonna have to fight it. How do you wanna take it out?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Summon your own robot from The rear end End of Time and BattleBots this poo poo.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
Tie weights to it, push it off the cliff too.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Mimic it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

nine-gear crow posted:

Summon your own robot from The rear end End of Time and BattleBots this poo poo.

:agreed:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It's almost time for the robot to go on its union break, just kill it while it's trying to relax.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

VERTO NAO

I don't care if we've done it before, let's do it again.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Just stab it in the cut scene zone, that will surely end it and not trigger some other form.

I remember how cheap it seemed that they just flipped Daltons sprite causing his eyepatch to jump all over the place. :(

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 10, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Throw a pokéball at it and claim it for your own. If that doesn't work, feast upon its delicious innards.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Ram it with our time machine.

What do you mean, we don't have a time machine yet? It's a time machine. We'll have it at some point and then we can travel back to this point and kill this boss with it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

>Start feeling a rapidly increasing attraction with the enemy robot

>Stop the boss fight and proposition the robot

>Begin a successful long-term relationship with the robot that ends with you married and having several children with it

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Unleash a massive poison-gas burp at the robot, convincing it that you are its master. Recruit it into your party.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Never not suplex

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Regalingualius posted:

>Begin a successful long-term relationship with the robot that ends with you married and having several children with it

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Unskippable plot-demands-it boss fight? This sounds like a perfect time to take a nap.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Yeah, whatever. Toss Dalton's rear end off the cliff too, who the gently caress names their kid Dalton anyway? Robot whatever, pee on it or whatever I got poo poo to do.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

What the gently caress is that?

It's a golum. Steal its ring.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
take the long path

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress what the game says, kick logic to the curb!

Do the impossible

See the invisible

Row row skip the boss fight

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

biosterous posted:

Never not suplex

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yeah, whatever. Toss Dalton's rear end off the cliff too, who the gently caress names their kid Dalton anyway? Robot whatever, pee on it or whatever I got poo poo to do.

Regalingualius posted:

These are all reasonable options. So I say Suplex Dalton off the cliff then make a life of it with the robot

TwistedSynapse
Dec 31, 2012

Voted Most Purple Wizard
2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014
Gonna have to agree that everything is better with suplexing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress what the game says, kick logic to the curb!

Do the impossible

See the invisible

Row row skip the boss fight

YES! Let's do this! Let's actually kick it with logic!

You kick the game cartridge, tilting it, and allowing you to some how execute some sweet Game Genie-esque hacks:

Just as Dalton's lovely Golem Boss is about to unleash its Belch attack, the game crashes--

And skips you past the entirety of Enhasa and the Kingdom of Balandor nee Zeal!

The game recovers and you find yourself standing in the throneroom of Balandor nee Zeal, before the dread Queen Cisna, and her stolen Mammon Machine. She seems to be reading you something--

"--and thus I have enumerated your crimes against Balandor and myself, her most extravagant Queen Cisna, in a list (because I like lists):
  • Destroying the White Knight
  • Beating up Dalton
  • Destroying Dalton's Golem
  • Eating the kingdom's food stores
  • Beating up Dalton again
  • Destroying the Blackbird Airship
  • Murdering Leonard
  • Drunk and disorderly conduct
  • Breaking the terms of your exile
  • Destroying Mount Woe
  • Freeing Melchior
  • Stealing the ashes of the Former Queen Zeal
  • Destroying the Black Knight
  • Freeing Eldore
  • Freeing the former Princess Schala
  • Beating up Dalton a third time
  • Defecating on the Queen's mattress
  • and, Daring to approach the Queen herself
a drat fine list, if I do say so myself," she says, finishing her big dumb list, "what remains to be seen is your sentence. Hmm, let's see. Oh, yes, the punishment for all those crimes is death!"

You ask if you can appeal the sentence or file for a mistrial.

"Hahaha!" Cisna laughs, "you fool! I am going to destroy you using this weird Mammon Machine and the Lavos within!"

Cisna climbs into her Blood Raven Dreadnought and you enter battle.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Cisna and Lavos :megadeath:

Well, crud! You sure skipped a whole lotta content! You hope you can figure out what the heck is going on--it looks like you got a boss fight--AGAINST LAVOS!!! Daaayum! Could it be? The final boss fight?

What do we do, fellow Cron Traggers?

• Locked thread