Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Name her SKRT and seduce her with our wiles

Surely this cannot end with GOKU lying broken and battered in a ditch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

nine-gear crow posted:

Name her LNCH, then promptly forget she exists just like Akira Toriyama did.
Seconding LNCH, but don't forget her since she's a good character and doesn't deserve to be forgotten.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Hey look, it's FSTS, the ancient warrior. So called because of her rock-hard fsts.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

AJ_Impy posted:

She has prepared a fine meal for us! That makes her a CHEF. Now dig in before the dinosaur meat goes cold.

this sounds good

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Trick Question posted:

Hey look, it's FSTS, the ancient warrior. So called because of her rock-hard fsts.

I fuckin second this.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Trick Question posted:

Yeah this, offer her CHCH's clothes anyway.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Trick Question posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can call me FSTS
Unlike GOKU I don't quits
I'd rather flex my wrists.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

Going with this. Skirt? Check. Logic passes my scrutiny.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shei-kun posted:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Trick Question posted:

Hey look, it's KNUX, the ancient warrior. She backs 'em up with a fist metal crackle.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm partial to BLND which can be short for either blonde or blind, I don't give a poo poo

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Eat the mystery guest for courage and whatnot.

I think that's how this works.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shei-kun posted:

"Thou flatterth me with thine romantic advances," SKRT says, "butst, it cans't not be. I love another, and I do tell, he hath a far superior fashion sense thanst thou."

It's hard to parse out what she's saying with her prehistoric dialect, but it sounds like she turned you down. Bummer.

Darth TNT posted:

As response we offer her CHCH's clothes.

Kavak posted:

Yeah this, offer her CHCH's clothes anyway.

CHCH glares at you, but no clothes are exchanged. SKRT again insists you join her to drink and party as welcome to her kingdom.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Prehistoric World :megadeath:

It's a beautiful walk through a primordial world. SKRT gives an eloquent running commentary of the places you pass, which you can barely understand due to her incomprehensible dialect. Anyways, you arrive at her village and a party is ordered to be had.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Prehistoric Rave :megadeath:

The prehistoric people play wild music and serve you beer in the hollowed out shells of gigantic land tortoises. You imbibe much alcohol and you all pass out.

During the night, the village is ransacked by Reptites, prehistoric dinosaur people, who take advantage of your drunken slumber. In a standard New Game, the take your one and only Gate Key. However, it's interesting that the game's flag is programmed to have them take all your keys. So this being New Game +++++++, they take all of our keys. Now we're stranded!

Oh no!

SKRT is quick to identify the Reptites as the problem, and shamed that you were robbed while a guest in her village, she offers to help you retrieve your stolen property. The Reptite tracks are fairly random, but SKRT's keen senses are able to identify their route: they went to the aptly named Reptite Forest.

You can head straight there, if you wish, but there are a few options available to us. If you noticed from the world map, the Dumb Village and Mount Dactyl are available to us as well. We can, if we so choose, stop by either location before heading after the Reptites. However, this mission is time sensitive. If we don't want to chase after them directly, we only have time to visit one other location before the trail goes cold.

What's the plan?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Go to the secret.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Go to the secret.

SWIM! SWIM!

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

You're being too indirect about this. Sure, we could chase these reptites through the forest, and probably get ambushed. Or, we could just burn the forest down.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The guitar guy at the bottom owns.

Waffleman_ posted:

Go to the secret.

It's New Game+++++++ so use the hovercraft in your inventory!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Torch their forest. All shall perish for the crimes of the few.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Trick Question posted:

You're being too indirect about this. Sure, we could chase these reptites through the forest, and probably get ambushed. Or, we could just burn the forest down.

None of our current characters can cast fire tech. We'd need other GOKU or MAGS. You need to solve for that problem.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
chase into forest, none shall take our stuff and live unsupplexed.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Use the Chrono Crass key item you got 3 NG+'s ago to merge all of the party members you've gotten in previous playthroughs into your current party, then set them loose on the Forest while you go get high.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Learn lockpicking, forget worrying about some keys.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Go to the Dumb Village and interrogate everyone there about the theft, do the good cop/bad cop routine by yourself.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Krad posted:

Go to the Dumb Village and interrogate everyone there about the theft, do the good cop/bad cop routine by yourself.
Do this to show SKRT we are definitely better than that other guy

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

None of our current characters can cast fire tech. We'd need other GOKU or MAGS. You need to solve for that problem.

GOKU can cast lightning, right? Isn't lightning super hot?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Trick Question posted:

She is to Mamoru Toriyama :rimshot:

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
GO INTERROGATE THE FOREST THEN BURN DOWN THE REPTILE WHILE YOU GET HIGH OFF THE VILLAGERS AND SAVE WEED

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

She is to Mamoru Toriyama :rimshot:

Of course! You need to show off the DLC, and where better to start with the DLC character LTNG?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!

Blind Sally posted:

The DLC uniform comes with a flamethrower. Trust me on this.

Burn down the forest, then roll and smoke the ashes

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Take a nap.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Trick Question posted:

Lightning is how most natural forest fires begin.

But if that's not allowed in this game's rules (as it's quite possible tree is only weak to fire and not lightning), Fool Dumb Village into burning itself, borrow fire from it, and use that to burn the forest down as well.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

C. Everett Koop posted:

The DLC uniform comes with a flamethrower. Trust me on this.

Burn down the forest, then roll and smoke the ashes

We didn't get that DLC because we had an odd number of SNES points.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.
Nice Charlie Brown reference!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Set fire to all the things. Get that makeshift flamethrower out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shoot fire out of your eyes and scream incomprehensibly

I dunno. Why not?:shrug:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

There's absolutely a way to set the forest on fire, I remember doing it. I just can't remember how. Shouldn't we have some fire stuff from all these NG+s?

Set the forest on fire, get creative if you have to

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

AJ_Impy posted:

Torch their forest. All shall perish for the crimes of the few.

Blind Sally posted:

Trick Question posted:

A tiny voice of doubt creeps into your mind. "But maybe burning down an entire forest to get a couple Reptites is a bad thing! We wouldn't want to do a bad thing. Only bad people, do bad things, right?"

With the force of your will, you crush that tiny voice from your mind. Permanently.

You cast Lightning Bolt.

"Forsooth!" cries SKRT, "art thou mad? Thou wouldst burnest downst thy entireth forest!"

But it's too late.

The forest around you has caught fire. SKRT weeps in despair. CHCH, having known you longer, knows better than to question your irrational behaviour, but she looks on disapprovingly.

As the flames burn hotter, you hear screams in the forest. Not just animals screams, but screams of sentient beings. Screams of terror.

"They art dying, GOKU," SKRT cries, "thou arst killingeth them!"

You struggle to comprehend SKRT's odd dialect. You think she's thanking you.

A Reptite, scarred from the flames, crawls out of the smoke and at your feet lays the Gate Keys.

"I arteth Nizbel," it gurgles, "thou hast defeated us. Claimeth thy treasure--"

The creature spasms and dies, but you feel no remorse.

They hosed up when they messed with you. They hosed up badly. There's no coming back from that. No coming back. Events have been set into motion, and you cannot stop them now.

You cannot stop.

You cannot stop.

You cannot stop.

Amongst the charred ruins of the forest, you find a gate with which to use your Gate Keys on. SKRT asks you to politely leave and never return. She makes it known, in no uncertain terms, that you will not be welcome back. Or so CHCH says, you still don't understand what SKRT is saying.

SKRT HAS LEFT YOUR PARTY!

You step into the portal, wondering where it will take you next--but before you step out, you stop by the End Of Time to re-up your party.

Let's see--uh, well, G0KU is available at the End Of Time. We don't talk about GOKU. Uh, and UKOG went to Heaven, or something. And there's no way in hell we're going back to Planet Xenogears. gently caress. Well, I guess we still have PCLO. Yeah! Okay, you can stop by 420AD and pick up PCLO, if you want. He's still around.

So what is it, G0KU or PCLO? We need a third party member before we continue, though.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Yes, one step closer to my favorite ending!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Uh, I think we did a bad thing, guys. :ohdear:

Time for more logical party members! Bring G0KU.

• Locked thread